Info Ashley Caspillo-SakaraGT4/Sakara *Possible Buyer Beware!* - Page 11 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-06-2010, 07:36 PM   #101
bad-one
Scary stuff... Thanks for posting this thread amercnwmn. Also, thank you skiploder and Adrya for the excellent information you shared with us on IBD.

Old 12-06-2010, 08:15 PM   #102
hboyles66
I just wanted ask a question if the original guy she got the supposed BCL boa with IBD has been contacted to let him know of the stuff she has been doing and that the first vet report may be inacurate. If that is the case may I ask if that makes it look like maybe the BCL never had IBD and that there was no wrong doing in that case? I see he has not posted any animals for sale in a long while. That shows he has at least taken into consideration that there was a possibly that there was something wrong and is at least doing his part to contain the possible situation. She has tons of contadicting statements as we have all read and I am glad someone put up a flag to get all herpers notified of possible problems. Thanks

Old 12-06-2010, 08:37 PM   #103
amercnwmn
Quote:
Originally Posted by hboyles66 View Post
I just wanted ask a question if the original guy she got the supposed BCL boa with IBD has been contacted to let him know of the stuff she has been doing and that the first vet report may be inacurate.
That was my original "red flag". If she felt the reports to be a fake, why didn't she do the reputable thing, and say so?

IMO, it was so she could keep selling snakes.

Several people had questioned her for having ads still up after the original
necropsy suggesting IBD, INCLUDING the man she accused of initially selling her the sick snake.

When people started questioning Ashley on WHY she was still selling snakes, her story changed indicating she had a second vet (not related to the exam of the BCL) discount the findings on the first necropsy or the other 3 tests she claims to have had done.

I haven't seen any vet reports indicating WHY he would discount the findings, and I find it hard to believe a Dr of Veterinary medicine would question the lab results on a snake he never saw, and on an exam he didn't perform..

She also lost a Burmese Python that showed no inclusion bodies, but died of sudden pneumonia. That, IMO could have POSSIBLY still been IBD related.

It's been shown in MANY statements regarding IBD, including Dr. Jacobson's report, that snakes will often test negative, but still die from IBD related causes, or be asymptomatic, but still infected. It was also pointed out that ONE case of IBD is rare.

Maybe the test was wrong, but until EXTENSIVE further tests were performed, IMO those snakes should have NEVER been sold, especially given the photographic PROOF that they were all housed/kept together despite claims of quarantine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hboyles66
If that is the case may I ask if that makes it look like maybe the BCL never had IBD and that there was no wrong doing in that case? I see he has not posted any animals for sale in a long while. That shows he has at least taken into consideration that there was a possibly that there was something wrong and is at least doing his part to contain the possible situation.
I don't believe he has been contacted, I believe he is banned from this forum now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hboyles66
She has tons of contadicting statements as we have all read and I am glad someone put up a flag to get all herpers notified of possible problems. Thanks
That bothers me as well.
The fact that ads are apparently still posted, and it's been "Business as usual" concerns me.

All the best.

Old 12-06-2010, 09:56 PM   #104
hboyles66
I have to fully agree with you. I do believe if the guy that sold her the BCL is banned for selling something he may or may not have known had IBD, should she not be banned from what we have seen that she knowingly is selling snakes with what shes first said was a positive id of IBD of a snake in her collection? IBD is crazy and I personally have seen the affects it has and it sucks! I know if I had what I believed to be a confirmed death in my collection from IBD I would quarantine every animal I own until I am 100% sure there is no problems. Which could take a long time as it is hard to tell in snakes without them dying and test being performed by someone who knows what they are doing and that is not easy to find. Thanks. Hank Boyles. I realize I did not post my full name in my last post.

Old 12-06-2010, 10:28 PM   #105
amercnwmn
It's on your profile, so I think you're covered

The thing is, she received a report "suggesting" the presence of IBD, so it's likely it's in her collection, but not 100% certain.

The only other necropsy she's provided indicates pneumonia as cause of death, and doesn't actually show any inclusion bodies.
Dr. Jacobson's paper states clearly that negative IBD results doesn't mean there's not IBD present, contrary to what she says.

Even though she has been posting elsewhere, and hasn't addressed any of the concerns here, IMO banning her would be a little premature given the circumstances.

The info DEFINITELY needs to be out there and available for review, and IMO she should not be allowed to post ads, or vend at reptile shows until she has an "all clear" on the snakes she's selling.

Unfortunately, just because 1 or 2 tests come back clean, STILL doesn't mean it's OK.

What really is needed and SHOULD have been done as soon as the tests came back:

*LOCK DOWN: nothing in-nothing out for ONE SYMPTOM/DEATH FREE YEAR.
*Tests on ALL the snakes (blood & biopsies) necropsies & labs done on ALL deaths
*NO deaths or illnesses for a year
*Clean tests on ALL snakes over the next year
*OR 2-3 years of NO deaths, NO illnesses, no additions/sells (no tests)

After that, I would definitely assume her collection was in the clear.

Old 12-06-2010, 10:31 PM   #106
amercnwmn
Let's just say, if I'D have received the necropsy report Ashley did, I would NOT have snakes for sale, nor would I have brought any more in.

Regardless of whether the test "accurate" or not, Ashley does NOT have the veterinary medical background to make that diagnosis, and a vet that did NOT participate in the exam or testing does not have ALL the information available to make that a 100% determination.

If Ashley chooses to possibly risk her OWN colleciton, that's one thing, but she's choosing to possibly risk others' animals.

Old 12-06-2010, 11:50 PM   #107
hboyles66
I am still wondering why she has not replied to this read with proof that she has had all these test done. IMO she should provide proof off her other snakes deaths not attributed to IBD or we all have to assume that it was IBD that killed them because she has admitted or at least said that she had a confirmed case of IBD. Maybe the first vet was wrong but why take the chance. She doesn't seem to mind down talking others about what they do while she doesn't practice what she preaches. I must say selling snakes based on the pythons die first method of ruling out IBD is just plan stupid but that is what she is basically saying.

Old 12-07-2010, 12:05 AM   #108
SakaraGT4
I haven't replied because I don't have anything to say as of now... I already said I don't know where the other reports are... I'm missing a few things from my house, including my hard drive with a lot of info I needed for several things... The burm report did not state that the burm died from pneumonia... She died from liver failure...

I already said I will post blood/biopsy results when I get them... Until then, I don't really have anything to add...

Old 12-07-2010, 12:11 AM   #109
hboyles66
So why are selling snakes all over the place except for fauna if you had a confirmed IBD report and have other snakes die? That just seems strange to me.

Old 12-07-2010, 07:28 AM   #110
sally-dog
I think it would all die down if there was proof tests were done AND there aren't ads all over the place.

-One of the "mean ppl".

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
ibd