Venomous classifieds - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 03-24-2011, 01:06 PM   #21
hhmoore
The problem, Tim, and it IS a problem, is that I suspect that a lot of the SELLERS are keeping the animals illegally (I'm sure of it when it comes to NYS). Those sellers don't give a darn about the legalities, as they are not in compliance anyway. While it might put some people's minds at ease to see interested buyers posting permit confirmation, it doesn't necessarily imply that things will be all legal and proper. In NYS, it isn't a blanket permit giving permission to keep. Each individual animal has to be accounted for on that permit. While, in my experience, I never had any difficulty adding animals to my permit, that is not always the case...and times have changed. Some of the permits cover the animals held at the time of acquisition, and do not allow for additions. Heck, I haven't pursued this recently, but the way the most recent law was written, sales or transfers of permitted animals were prohibited.

Old 03-24-2011, 09:23 PM   #22
ApexJake
Indeed. The legal and proper way (in NYS) is designed or just so happens extremely difficult. So much so that its thought to be impossible, though this is not the case..I am an example. Likely its made this way to dissuade the weak willed. The downfall of that is its realistically easier to circumvent the law than entirely abide by it. That same argument can be made for firearms or "driving privileges" in relation. So instead of blaming each other for anything I suppose we should collectively point the finger at the red tape law machine that is our government and its makers.
I myself refuse to believe anyone is guilty until proven innocent, though ignorance of the law is implied guilt in the eyes of judgement.

hhmoore - Sales are prohibited at a retail level but license to license trade/sale is ok. Similar to pistol permits in regards to transfers if you're familiar.

Old 03-24-2011, 09:43 PM   #23
hhmoore
Jake,
The rules for venomous and endangered species are not the same as the newer law that covers the large pythons and monitors. Since venomous and endangered were already regulated, those regulations were honored by the new law.
The wording, as I recall, for the new law prohibits breeding, replacement, sales & transers, etc.

Old 03-24-2011, 10:28 PM   #24
ApexJake
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore View Post
Jake,
The rules for venomous and endangered species are not the same as the newer law that covers the large pythons and monitors. Since venomous and endangered were already regulated, those regulations were honored by the new law.
The wording, as I recall, for the new law prohibits breeding, replacement, sales & transers, etc.
Add another thing on the to-do list of questions to get answered and verified. That is on the rare occasions its possible.

More to the thread topic. Id personally be content seeing the replies to the classifieds disabled. It solves a few problems in one action. Maybe it can't be enforced that people must state their legal qualifications but promoting responsible transactions through good individual practice just might be all one can do.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!