Useless search feature - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 07-23-2016, 09:52 PM   #1
kliff619
Useless search feature

What the point of having that useless a$$ search feature for the classifieds?
For example go to ball python and search " pied ball python" Nothing! and try to search "zero morph" or "zero morph bearded dragon" again nothing! Just seems like a waste of time to have a search feature if it doesnt work. Admins there are plenty of forum templates with working search functions please contact me if you need the help with recommendations for a better fuctions

Old 07-23-2016, 10:55 PM   #2
Fangthane
Quote:
Originally Posted by kliff619 View Post
For example go to ball python and search " pied ball python" Nothing
Working just fine for me.
Attached Images

Old 07-23-2016, 11:08 PM   #3
hhmoore
I ran a few searches in different sections...the only one that got no hits was "zero" in Bearded Dragons. I didn't look; but it could be that there are no ads for them.
As far as not being able to find pieds, are you sure you searched the ads (as opposed to the Sponsor list, which is the first Search button shown)?

Old 07-23-2016, 11:15 PM   #4
Fangthane
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore View Post
I ran a few searches in different sections...the only one that got no hits was "zero" in Bearded Dragons. I didn't look; but it could be that there are no ads for them.
When I searched "zero morph" in the BD classifieds, it wouldn't accept "zero" as a search term; but, oddly enough, still yielded a zero morph hit.

Quote:
As far as not being able to find pieds, are you sure you searched the ads (as opposed to the Sponsor list, which is the first Search button shown)?
That was my initial assumption, as I could swear that the top search box used to only search through the sponsors. Apparently, that's not the case anymore. All the searches I tried yielded hits while using the upper search function.
Attached Images

Old 08-02-2016, 01:13 AM   #5
DezC
My issue is with the search feature is that I'm usually on my phone and it doesn't allow me to edit the search field before my phone moves away from it. It's frustrating but I'm sure if I was on my computer or in the app it would function better.

Old 08-02-2016, 02:30 AM   #6
Fangthane
Quote:
Originally Posted by DezC View Post
My issue is with the search feature is that I'm usually on my phone and it doesn't allow me to edit the search field before my phone moves away from it.
It's also kinda broken on my phone, too. If you're using an Android device, I may have found an odd little workaround for that, using Firefox Browser. If it works for you at all, it may be more of a PITA than you're looking for, but here it is:
1) Long-press on the "Search this Forum" link.
2) When the pop-up menu appears, choose "Open in New Tab."
3) Open up the new tab and scroll all the way to the bottom. If it works the same way for your phone as it does for mine, there should be a search text-entry field down there now.
Attached Images

Old 08-02-2016, 04:56 AM   #7
hhmoore
I have an Android phone, and use a similar method: I (normal) press the first search button, then long press on Advanced Search. Open that in another tab, and proceed.
(A lot of times, I'm looking for entries by a specific person, which the Advanced Search accommodates. )

Old 08-02-2016, 05:14 AM   #8
Fangthane
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore View Post
I (normal) press the first search button, then long press on Advanced Search.
On my phone, the "Search this Forum" link is completely unresponsive. I can tap it all day and not a thing happens. The only way I've been able to get to a text-entry field, is with the that little workaround I mentioned. Oddly enough, on my tablet - also running KitKat 4.4 - that link does work, yet behaves in the same way that DezC described.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!