Reptielenforum.nl - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum > FaunaTopSites Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaTopSites Feedback Forum Any issues related to the FaunaTopSites listings are welcome to be posted here.

Old 01-25-2004, 11:49 PM   #1
WebSlave
Reptielenforum.nl

OK, I'm being cautious about this one....

But hey, Reptielenforum.nl logged 20,286 hits on 01/25/04, which is a bit of a departure from the norm for that site.

So I went in and checked the log file.

Hmmm.... the IP address of 195.240.79.58 logged 9,474 of all of those hits to that site. Many of them were 2 and 3 seconds apart.

Yeah, probably just a coincidence. So I sent an email to the admin of that site asking for an explanation. I am sure it is just something simple to explain it......

Old 01-26-2004, 01:38 AM   #2
WebSlave
Here is the response I got back about this issue:

Quote:
Hi,

I was working on my forum. I switched from Ikonboard to Invision Power Board, and had to edit all posts, because due to the switch non of my smiley were working. The only way to reload the smiley's in the posts was to edit all posts manualy. I think that explains the huge amount of hits.

With Kind Regards
Ton
OK, this sounds plausible to me. Sure wouldn't have wanted to have to do that sort of work myself.......

Old 01-30-2004, 02:03 PM   #3
natas
Ok this guy is bs'ing you.

As you know I run the redtailboa.net topsites and he signed up today. Same ip you listed and he had 14 unique visitors to his site hit his site over 10,000 times. So that would equal around 700Pages per visitor.

Also his forum as he says he had to manually edit contains roughly 1000 posts.

Now way this guy did that first of all and second of all that would account to 1000 of the hits he claims were done by his manual intervention. So that leave the other 13 visitors on his site to 690 pages to visit.

Something smells here and I think its a frenchman webmaster

Its no big deal on my topsite because I do my topsites from unique views...and that leaves him with a avg of less than 100 people which puts him pretty low on the list.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!