Bad Guy RodentPro- Zoonotic disease warning - Page 6 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 07-31-2012, 07:40 PM   #51
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandboamorphs View Post
They are not responding for legal reasons.
Sometimes, one can be more liable if one does not disclose. Whether this virus can survive freezing might be very important both to them and to the health of those who have received any contaminated shipments.

Old 07-31-2012, 07:47 PM   #52
MauricesExoticPets
http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/26...okmark_t=group

I was working on finding this information out a week ago, in any case the person I spoke to that would verify that the event had happened was Doug Metcalf at Indiana's Health department, he works in the animal portion.

He very clearly told me that both Rodent Pro and Mouse House were clear to repopulate.

I was told by Mr. Metcalf that this would hit the news last week, I haven't noticed it just yet. In any case there are obviously still investigations going on.

Maurice Pudlo

Old 07-31-2012, 07:49 PM   #53
~Just Curious~
*head scratch* Erik said that he and others were contacted by the CDC about this. Pretty much exactly what the OP said. A statement without proof maybe, but I'm honestly not seeing any quotations at all. It's about himself right?

*back on-topic* Thanks for posting that article, it was informative. I knew there was going to be serious losses for them, but I didn't realize how big the clean-up really was. I'm glad they're taking it seriously and putting so much into it, but I still feel that customers should have been warned.

I sincerely hope that they managed to completely eliminate it, but I wonder how often their new stock is being tested... Also like Lucille, I think there's some questions they should answer. A statement of sorts would be nice.

Old 07-31-2012, 08:02 PM   #54
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Just Curious~ View Post
I still feel that customers should have been warned.
How many people will order now, knowing that the info was not disclosed? Will some of them worry that if the problem was not completely eradicated, they won't be informed?

Old 07-31-2012, 08:08 PM   #55
cr250guy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
How many people will order now, knowing that the info was not disclosed? Will some of them worry that if the problem was not completely eradicated, they won't be informed?
Well I made an order last week, just found out about this about 20 minutes ago...my shipment was supposed to arrive tomorrow. I have spent the last 20 minutes on the phone with fedex getting the shipment stopped and returned to rodent pro. I refuse to put myself, I work in a large veterinary hospital with a lot of immune suppressed animals...this could have had a terrible outcome.

I remember thinking to myself, wow they really got that order out a lot faster than the last time....I wonder why!

Jason Wright

Old 07-31-2012, 08:15 PM   #56
plankalkul
Question remains, can this survive freezing?

Old 07-31-2012, 08:19 PM   #57
reticguy76
I will continue to order from them

Old 07-31-2012, 08:26 PM   #58
nomoremorphs
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Just Curious~ View Post
*head scratch* Erik said that he and others were contacted by the CDC about this. Pretty much exactly what the OP said. A statement without proof maybe, but I'm honestly not seeing any quotations at all. It's about himself right?
Yes it was about me. Yeah I am confused too but still got an infraction. I guess I better let it go......

Old 07-31-2012, 08:27 PM   #59
aimikins
yes, it can absolutely survive freezing: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3374428/

long story short, scientists tested wild mice by having people catch them and then freeze them before processing. also, it's an enveloped RNA virus - enveloped viruses in general are usually harder to kill

Old 07-31-2012, 08:32 PM   #60
reticguy76
Until there is pure 100% undeniable and credible proof, there is no reason for anybody to freak out. For now, this is all hearsay, and unsubstantiated claims.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!