Karma - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 04-07-2016, 04:23 PM   #11
Big Borg Reptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Occidentalis View Post
If you get 1 feedback unit per 100 views, a thread on BOI stuff will result in a lot more total feedback.
This is very true, and I'm never posting in discussion threads with the intention of gaining karma, it was just an observation I made. This is a point I hadn't considered though, it could simply be an issue of traffic.

Old 01-02-2017, 06:24 AM   #12
Casey Hulse
Quote:
Since doing this, I've had zero positive karma given to me. When I look at my karma points, 99% of them are for being snarky on the BOI and calling people out. When I think of karma I think of doing good things and being rewarded with good things. Calling someone out and being rude is not the way I think of earning karma points.
This is interesting, I have been involved in a thread on the BOI ( TY Parks), and have been getting some rude nasty comments from people who do that all the time. I was curious how they got so much karma. They also seem proud when they get an infraction. I bet they would not be too happy if they lost a bunch of karma when they receive an infraction. 1 of them dinged me because he got tired of my posting an opposing opinion in the thread. I do not like losing karma to a jerk, (been here a long time, and almost at max.) I could ding him back, because he is very abusive, but his dings have more power than mine, and I do not retaliate anyway.

I do

Old 01-02-2017, 08:54 AM   #13
Lucille
I gave Casey some karma, because of his cogent post. I'm hoping others will join me.

Old 01-02-2017, 11:29 AM   #14
Fangthane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey Hulse View Post
have been getting some rude nasty comments from people who do that all the time
Quote:
a jerk
I thought name-calling was a bad thing. No problem dishing out your own rude, passive-aggressive comments, but it's a whole different story when it comes back around, I see.
Quote:
I could ding him back, because he is very abusive, but his dings have more power than mine, and I do not retaliate anyway.
So, instead of just reciprocating and being done with it, you've decided to come here playing the poor victim, fishing for some sympathy, probably hoping to get more pals rushing to your defense and dinging me for you. Those 8 little points I took away must have been absolutely precious to you.

Old 01-02-2017, 04:53 PM   #15
Casey Hulse
Quote:
Those 8 little points I took away must have been absolutely precious to you.
Yes, they were. I have given neg. before, but I only do it when I am not personally involved, like if I see someone being abusive to another member, esp. a newb. I often forget to give positive feedback when someone posts something I really like, but I have given a bunch.
I saw this post, read the OP, and I think I have it figured out. People are drawn to disasters, tornadoes, car accidents etc, to some people they can't help it, they are "entertained" for a bit. To some, I suppose you are entertaining, so they give you karma.

Old 01-02-2017, 05:35 PM   #16
Fangthane
Quote:
I suppose you are entertaining, so they give you karma.
It's one possibility. Or, maybe, it's an expression of appreciation for my being here day after day, actively participating in such a way as to consistently play some part in helping people avoid the scams out there. Many of whom, I might add, I'll never even know. Spending a great deal of time sifting through information that, when brought to light, may expose someone whose shady activities haven't already been noticed. Sometimes, something as simple as comparing some writing samples that expose a sockpuppet account that was trying to bolster a bad person's credibility, and privately handing such information off to those in a position to do the most with it.

There may be some who could vouch for the effort I've put into helping around here, both on and off the main stage. I'm sure they've no interest in doing so, but their silence doesn't negate anything. No, I'm not tooting my own horn. I'm just giving you the reality that may have led to why I have what green blocks I do. You've demonstrated that you're not very fond of letting the reality of a situation change how you choose to perceive it, but there it is.

I've no idea what you may have done around here in the past. Recently, though, you seem to have been a bit scarce. When compared with someone whose sole interest is arguing someone is still admirable, after screwing over at least two people that we know of, I have to say I still feel good about my own contributions - even if your fragile, little feewings were hurt in the process. I do all I can to help as many as I can; you pop up to defend a bad person who you just happened to have on a pedestal. Since I lack the name recognition that you enjoy, I know I won't see much in the way of open support. Be that as it may, I'm still confident in my belief that my own actions have been considerably more "admirable" and helpful than yours. At least, in recent memory.
Quote:
I have given neg. before, but I only do it when I am not personally involved
Are you suggesting that yours is the right way of using negative karma? That those who give negative karma in the course of situations with which they've involved themselves are inherently wrong for doing so? If so, you may want to tread carefully. Lucille's made it a point to come out and support you, but I can say with 100% certainty that she's done just that, on more than a few occasions. Since her karma hits harder than most, you may want to avoid alienating her. Especially since karma is important enough to you that it's worth bumping a thread up to whine about losing a minuscule chunk of it.

Old 01-02-2017, 06:59 PM   #17
Casey Hulse
You don't think berating others for their opposing views negates any "good" you feel you are doing here?
You think the vast majority agree with you, but you can't "know" that. You are very vocal, insulting, condescending etc..to me, I do not think you just happen to single me out, you try to "nip it in the bud" so you can feel content that your opinion is correct.

I do not think you are very open minded. You express your opinion, and that's it! you do not want to hear any more about it!!
Anybody thinking about posting on that thread better just say "Ty is wrong, what a scumbag"... Or they post nothing at all.

Old 01-02-2017, 11:38 PM   #18
WebSlave
Warning: Gentlemen! Please don't make me have to pull over.

Old 01-04-2017, 10:39 AM   #19
Casey Hulse
Dan, After thinking about it for a bit, I would like to say that I do respect the passion that you have for what you are doing here, and I am certain that there are many others here who feel the same.
I do believe that you should not deal as heavy handed with all of those who disagree with you
I have been here for many years, and have been instrumental in ferreting out some real bad guys preying on our hobby, and have been scammed by some of the "biggies" including Jesse Underhill, Chris Johnson and a few more. I stopped shipping animals about 5 years ago, and have been selling locally and at shows exclusively, so that kind of explains why I do not participate as much to the BOI as I used to, because I am not a player as much (although I did give Christina Wise $100 which I am still upset about).
I still get on KS every month or so, and its forums are dead. Rich created a forum that everyone could participate in without going into debt, and I think it has proven to be the best model that I am aware of.
Anyway, back to my original thought, I think you should give people who disagree with you a little more respect, some of them have earned it here.
Happy 2017'!!

Old 01-04-2017, 01:41 PM   #20
Fangthane
Quote:
Anyway, back to my original thought, I think you should give people who disagree with you a little more respect, some of them have earned it here.
Depends on the nature and severity of the disagreement. If I feel someone is unduly insulting a victim by campaigning for the idea that the person who wronged them is still a swell, admirable fellow, that's a good way to get some negative attention from me - apparently from others, as well. I think you wanted to paint me as a mindless aggressor, yourself as the innocent victim. You had no problem hurling your own insults around. If I'm wrong, surely, you are, too, for your own willingness to sling mud and call me names. Difference is, I'm not going to come here and grub for karma over some hurt feelings. I see you did get your last green block, though, so it clearly worked out for you.

The whole idea of respect is basically meaningless to me. I think expecting respect just amounts to having an overactive sense of entitlement. It's a word that's barely a part of my vocabulary. I think good ideas should be supported; bad ideas should be contested. Ideas should be judged on their own merit, without much consideration for just how little/much previous respect readers may have for whomever put forth the idea.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!