Info Global Captive Breeders - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-19-2012, 08:36 PM   #41
typherp
I disagree! I don't think they should euthanize every animals. I don't for a minute believe that there weren't one animal healthy enough to save!

Old 12-19-2012, 08:41 PM   #42
ShadowAceD
Quote:
Originally Posted by typherp View Post
I disagree! I don't think they should euthanize every animals. I don't for a minute believe that there weren't one animal healthy enough to save!
You have to look at the financial responsibility and liability of the situation.

In any massive seizure, be they domestic or exotic, nine times out of ten, most of the animals will be put down for a variety of reasons: the cost to adopt the animals out, the cost to vet. all of the animals properly, the cost to house the animals for the duration of a criminal investigation, the liability of finding the proper homes to place them in, the liability of animals coming from horrible conditions being contaminated with disease that could kill off other collections (GCB had a massive amount of wild caught Chondros and I am sure others were as well, and none of them likely were given any medication to treat them for parasites), and the list can go on and on. While it's easy for the emotions to swell and for the desire to help the animals override the decision to euthanize them, it is more logical to euthanize them than anything else.

That aside, even if they did adopt the animals out, you have to think about the cost that is likely to hit your pocket from one of these animals. I have doubts that a high percentage of them are healthy and even a "simple" issue like a RI can quickly accumulate a massive bill to bring the animal back up to par again.

It's an unfortunate reality, but it is the reality.

Old 12-19-2012, 08:46 PM   #43
Micha
Mitch you are a horrible person. It's "breeders" like you that give this community a bad reputation. You make me sick!

Old 12-19-2012, 10:13 PM   #44
Dragonscalestudios
http://lakeelsinore-wildomar.patch.c...photo-12643104

Another new article, WARNING: there are some shocking images that may be upsetting to some readers.

Old 12-19-2012, 10:27 PM   #45
AbsoluteApril
the video, photos and descriptions are disgusting and despicable. those poor suffering animals, brings tears to my eyes. I'm glad they shut him down.

(reminder to all - as incensed as everyone is, please make sure to avoid name calling and profanity (& masked profanity) here on the BOI, thanks)

Old 12-19-2012, 10:38 PM   #46
typherp
Well Diem....I have already thought of all the reasons you posted on why wholesale euthanizatiin make "sense." I wasn't born yesterday. Just because people decides to take the easy and cheaper way out, that doesn't mean that is the right way to treat the animals that has been entrusted to us "human."

Old 12-19-2012, 10:53 PM   #47
ShadowAceD
Quote:
Well Diem....I have already thought of all the reasons you posted on why wholesale euthanizatiin make "sense." I wasn't born yesterday. Just because people decides to take the easy and cheaper way out, that doesn't mean that is the right way to treat the animals that has been entrusted to us "human."
Those animals were entrusted to Mitch and the people he employed, their demise unfairly fell into the hands of those who I am certain would rather not have had to make the decision.

Blaming them for taking the "cheap and easy" way out for a situation they did not create is a bit unfair, in my honest opinion.

I do not know of a single vet. that would not be burdened to some degree to have to sit there and lethally inject thousands of animals since it is quite clear that Global Captive never bothered to build a CO2 chamber for their rodents. Let alone be the vet. who gets to go through all of the animals, witness their deplorable conditions, the decaying and the sick and make the determination that death is the best option for them.

The only people anyone should be upset with are Mitch and his employees.

Old 12-19-2012, 10:59 PM   #48
typherp
You have your opinion and I have mine Diem. I still think wholesale euthanization is wrong in this case as I believe some of these reptiles should have been given a chance to live! We just have to agree that we have differences of opinion.

Old 12-19-2012, 11:03 PM   #49
ShadowAceD
Quote:
You have your opinion and I have mine Diem. I still think wholesale euthanization is wrong in this case as I believe some of these reptiles should have been given a chance to live! We just have to agree that we have differences of opinion.
Just the reptiles?

There were 18K rodents there as well.

Old 12-19-2012, 11:06 PM   #50
typherp
i am not verse in caring for rodents....I can only care for reptiles as that is what I know. I will be happy to spend the time and money to give any of these reptiles a home at my farm until they can be homed properly.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!