Bad Guy Incompetent bad guy Jamiean Ruffin - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-24-2019, 12:55 PM   #21
Insomniac101
Quote:
Originally Posted by NKhan View Post
Yes she did I sent pics of it to him he said it was from shipping
Shipping?!!! This guy is delusional, a thief, and an animal abuser!

If you have his address from the shipping box, you should call animal control for Hamilton County, Ohio. They probably won't do anything because they're "just snakes", but at least there would be a formal complaint against this loser.

Kathy

Old 01-24-2019, 01:13 PM   #22
JimM
Yeah, that's know as 'shipping lumps' ... they all get shipping lumps.

Seriously, get that dead POS out of your house along with the box and container it was shipped in.

Old 01-24-2019, 01:38 PM   #23
AbsoluteApril
if it was shipping, why did she have the lumps in the for sale ad then?
I hope you had her quarantined? (doesn't look like it in the photos)
Hopefully the seller will respond.

Old 01-24-2019, 05:04 PM   #24
Herpin Man
Looks like Jamiean has done this before:
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=178715

Old 01-24-2019, 10:22 PM   #25
April Homich
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsoluteApril View Post
if it was shipping, why did she have the lumps in the for sale ad then?
I hope you had her quarantined? (doesn't look like it in the photos)
Hopefully the seller will respond.
That's exactly what popped into my head. Why is that sick snake being held in front of, or even placed into the same rack as your collection? There are too many awful diseases floating around to ever slack on quarantine, especially in a case like this. Also, on both ends it's a very bad idea to be shipping in the winter through the midwest with temps the way they are. There is no reason to risk an animal's life instead of just waiting a couple/few months for safer temps.

All that being said, you deserve a full refund because you were sold a snake in horrible condition.

Old 01-25-2019, 12:13 AM   #26
elena
I feel like being fed a pinky a week for six months, while incorrect, does not on it's own account for the snake's condition and eventual death. OP, it's definitely time to invest in a necropsy.

Old 01-25-2019, 06:28 AM   #27
JimM
For what, discussion purposes on what killed the snake ? He was sold a snake that was on death's door that shouldn't been up for sale is all that need s to be seen.

Twelve years ago a complete necropsy cost me around $425.00 and results were inconclusive. I doubt he what's to sink more money into a dead snake that he's not going to get a refund on as it is.

Old 01-25-2019, 07:53 AM   #28
Phil Bradley
The snake was obviously not well taken care of but the lumps in question don't appear to be crypto symptoms. Mid body swelling on symptomatic crypto animals is not found that high up on an animal. The swelling, or gastritis, is in the stomach and does not present as multiple lumps. There has been a wave of panic recently concerning crypto in herps and the confusion and accidental misinformation is not helping the issue. Whatever the c.o.d. was for the animal a full refund is in order as nobody should receive an animal in such poor condition.

Old 01-25-2019, 09:36 AM   #29
Andy_G
Quote:
Originally Posted by April Homich View Post
That's exactly what popped into my head. Why is that sick snake being held in front of, or even placed into the same rack as your collection? There are too many awful diseases floating around to ever slack on quarantine, especially in a case like this. Also, on both ends it's a very bad idea to be shipping in the winter through the midwest with temps the way they are. There is no reason to risk an animal's life instead of just waiting a couple/few months for safer temps.

All that being said, you deserve a full refund because you were sold a snake in horrible condition.
All of this 100% Quarantine even when from trusted sources, and you most certainly deserve a full refund on snake and shipping. Jamiean should be ashamed.

Old 01-25-2019, 09:38 AM   #30
NKhan
No response from JROOTS. Maybe he blocked me can someone inform him of this thread?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!