Topshelf Exotic Forum- New look! - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > New or Updated Websites and Web Resources

Notices

New or Updated Websites and Web Resources General notices about a new website or a newly found one worthy of note. You can introduce your new website here as well.

Old 08-04-2005, 09:35 AM   #21
Chris@TSE
he's upset because my pee pee is bigger than his pee pee.

Old 08-04-2005, 10:07 AM   #22
geckoguy_ottawa
Chris, you've already proven this guy wrong many times now, why don't you be the bigger man and let this thing die. Obviously the more this guy writes the less sense he's making. But the name calling is really uncalled for. We know you're right, and we know he's wrong. This thread shouldn't go any further.
Take care,

Old 08-04-2005, 12:30 PM   #23
PaulSage
Um... I appreciate the fact that Chris changed software. I got used to this vbulletin or whatever it is, and having to get used to the one his site USED to have was just too much for me! lol. (I don't do learning )

...now, if I could just remember my password for the TSE forums

Old 08-04-2005, 02:02 PM   #24
Chris@TSE
lol

if you cannot figure it out use the password retrieval option or shoot me an email with a password you would like it changed too temporarily.

Old 08-04-2005, 02:14 PM   #25
DragonCharm
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulSage
Um... I appreciate the fact that Chris changed software. I got used to this vbulletin or whatever it is, and having to get used to the one his site USED to have was just too much for me! lol. (I don't do learning )

...now, if I could just remember my password for the TSE forums
He changed it so you couldn't get in.....a wise move.

Old 08-05-2005, 01:55 AM   #26
PaulSage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonCharm
He changed it so you couldn't get in.....a wise move.
Dangit!! He's on to me! Shucks...

Old 08-05-2005, 02:04 AM   #27
Chris@TSE
lol

Old 08-05-2005, 02:13 AM   #28
shrap
What is this nut jobs problem?

Spank that ass Chris!!!!

Old 08-05-2005, 02:44 AM   #29
PaulSage
HA!
I figured out my password. I coulda swore it was BadBoaRules, but then I remembered that that's what my first tattoo is going to be. ...or was it the new personalized plates...
Crap, I'm lucky I can remember where I live.

Old 08-05-2005, 03:09 AM   #30
badboa
Got a reply to my message to Webslave.

"Re: Thought you should look at this

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for the concern, but yes, I had already seen that thread when it was started. I just read over the latest postings, and have to agree with Chris that there is no restriction on any other website using the same publicly available modifications for vBulletin that I am. From my own personal perspective, I have always felt that it was inappropriate for me to use "look and feel" mods from sites within the same industry, but that is simply my own choice from my own ethical leanings. I don't try to impose that upon other people, for obvious reasons.

If there is anything that I may disagree about, I guess it would be the actual display of the highest and lowest reputation and feedback used on the forums front page. That, as far as I know, is not a standard publicly available modification, as I had to spec that out specifically for my programmer to code into my own site. I can't say that I have any real legal proprietary right to that particular idea, however, but it WAS an original idea of mine. My programmer is one of the best out there for vBulletin, and he had to code it from scratch since there was no mod available to go from. I think he would have known of a public mod if there was one.

As for legalities, heck, legal issues are expensive to pursue. Even if it applied in a case like this, I guess I would hope people would just use common courtesy instead.

Just my opinions, of course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboa
Sorry I'm not very computer savy, but there is a post in the New Websites section pointing to a website at Topshelveexotics that I think you need to look at. It looks like a clone of this site and duplicates some of the looks and functions that this site has. Not sure if it is legal or not, but it sure would piss me off in your shoes. Can people just do something like that? I figure this guy Chris has been around here for a while, and it seems just unfriendly for someone to make a copycat site light that.

Sorry to bother you, but they are ripping me a new one in that thread over this, so maybe I just don't understand how this all works. "

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!