Daniel Little (dansnake) Proceed with caution... - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-13-2002, 04:41 PM   #1
reptileguy
Daniel Little (dansnake) Proceed with caution...

Contact info for Daniel Little:

Daniel Little
1547 TREASURE ISLAND RD
HOT SPRINGS, AR 71913
(501) 767-2906 - This phone number is registered to Floyd Clites, who is most likely the 81 year old grandfather of Daniel's girlfriend (Jari Hayes).

He also uses this phone number and address:

116 W US Highway 82
New Boston, TX 75570
903-628-1418 - Pasquale Salas - He claims this is his brother in law...
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know there are a few other threads about Daniel Little - DANSNAKE - but they get a little confusing and lead away from the main point... So here is the story, and your warning.

I arranged a trade with Daniel on November 20th. For some dumb reason, I agreed to ship first. My first mistake. <b>Yes Neil</b>, I know. Don't even ship first.

Daniel wanted me to ship on a Thursday. I told him I don't ship later than wednesday, because I dont want a package getting lost on a friday, and have no chance of finding it until Monday. He agreed. And then disagreed. And then agreed. And on, and on...

Then Daniel wanted me to pay the shipping to get his snake sent to me (which he quoted at $20, the first SCREAMING FLAG I missed). Of course I told him no, since this was not part of the agreement.

I shipped my snake on 11/25. I told daniel he needed to ship the same day he recieved the snake, because the thanksgiving holiday was coming up and that was the only way I would get the snake on time.

Daniel recieved my snake, and did not send out the boa. He claimed his partner was going to send it out. But didn't. At this point, Daniel's "wife" stepped in, and she started communications with me.

I attempted to contact Daniel's partner, and found he has no partner. He also has no wife.

On 11/30, I finally heard from Daniel himself. At this point, he told me my snake was the meanest animal he has ever seen, and he is going to ship it back to me on monday (12/2).

So... From here, I have been emailing and calling Daniel EVERY DAY since monday night, since I have not gotten a tracking number, and I have not gotten a snake on my front doorstep.

Daniel's supposed partner tells me that Daniel has been trying to sell my snake at local pet stores, but no one will buy it from him (since it has been made known it is stolen).

On 12/3, Daniel emailed me to tell me he was out of town, and would mail the snake as soon as he got back.

On 12/9, he told me he did not get it mailed out yet, but definitely would on 12/10.

On 12/10, he told me to not call his "wife" anymore, because I called her a little IRATE about what he has been doing. He gave me a new phone number to call him at, 903-628-1418, which is a phone number registered to Pasquale Salas, 116 W US Highway 82, New Boston, TX 75570, and told me I could call him and cuss him out there. My guess is his "wife" got sick of his antics and told him to go elsewhere for a bit.

Turns out the phone number he gave me is his brother in law's house. Ummm... ok! I called there a few times, and believe tactical avoidance was used. Now I guess Daniel's brother in law is a little mad at him, and he is no longer at THAT number.

Last night I took a few moments to call the Hot Springs police and sheriff's departments. Unfortunately, there isn't a lot they can do right now. But... My local sheriff's department is quite a bit more interested in helping out.

If anyone has information about Daniel Little that I am missing from this thread, please add your input. Morgan Armstrong, I already heard your story.

Here's a list of posts from Daniel:

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...&threadid=2572

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...&threadid=7720

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...&threadid=8898

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...=&threadid=948

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...&threadid=9314

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...&threadid=9329

Sorry for such a long post!

Old 12-13-2002, 05:02 PM   #2
reptileguy
Update

I just spoke with an older gentleman at the second phone number Daniel gave me. It may have been his father, or someone who is willing to take responsiblity for Daniel's actions.

We discussed the issue and what actions I am taking, and the man agreed to send the snake to me monday morning.

We'll see. But that's a lot more than I have gotten from Daniel since 11/25.

Old 12-13-2002, 05:42 PM   #3
Bubafat
Ok, what did you trade him and how are those posts you posted relevant to your situation?

Old 12-13-2002, 05:48 PM   #4
reptileguy
The snake I traded to him was an adult female Irian Jaya Carpet Python. The snake he was SUPPOSED to send to me was a Female Santa Isabel Island Boa.

The posts I linked are relevant to the situation because they display some of Daniel's other communications and transactions.

You can see he has some issues with Morgan Armstrong that are left unresolved...

You can also see he sells illegal turtles.

And... You will see that he possessed Caiman illegally, since he does not have a permit.

You will see mention of his "partner", Ted, who is Terry McLane (tedsnake).

Old 12-17-2002, 05:35 PM   #5
reptileguy
Yup, He's still a dirtbag

Tuesday's here... UPS has already come and gone, I have not tracking number, and I have no snake. Daniel Little is still a dirt bag, dead beat, bad guy, etc etc.

Daniel even called me this past weekend to tell me I needed to remove the information I have posted here about him, because it was "illegal" for me to share this information. Whatever... If I can find it on the internet, I'll do as I please with it.

Even though - I was nice enough to offer to remove any information that Daniel did not like, as SOON as I got my snake back. But... He still can't follow through!

If anyone has any employer information for Daniel Little of Hot Springs, Arkansas or New Boston TX, could you please post it here or email it to me?

Thanks

Old 12-21-2002, 07:07 PM   #6
reptileguy
Finally...

Just thought I would let everyone know - I finally got my snake back from Daniel Little. And once again... This moron proved to me that he has no clue what he is doing.

Daniel shipped my snake back to me alright... But he shipped it UPS ground, and he never sent me a tracking number. In fact, he finally told me the snake was shipped AFTER it had arrived. A lot of good that did me, especially since my packages are delivered to a Mailboxes Etc address, and I do not check my mail there every day.

Yup - Deal with Daniel Little, and you are likely going to get screwed. This is why I will NEVER AGAIN ship first in a trade! Because there are losers out there like Daniel who insist on giving the entire reptile industry a BAD name.

Old 12-22-2002, 12:12 AM   #7
Uffern
How was the snake when you got it back?

Old 12-22-2002, 12:19 AM   #8
reptileguy
Cold and lethargic. Dehydrated. Looks like she was not fed over the last couple of weeks.

Old 12-24-2002, 11:01 PM   #9
lyncheyez
Angry

Hey Mark,
Damn I really hate to hear about you going through that, as you certainly know don't give an inch; I've lost Retic(s) this year because of shipping first (posted on the BOI thread "PythonJon")...never again.

At the very least you have the snake back, count your blessings.

(Don’t you wish everyone packed like me )

Take care,
Randy “Lyncheyez” May

Old 12-26-2002, 04:07 PM   #10
DarksideBoas
His Reply?

Mark, did he have a reply as to why the snake was in such bad condition when you got it back?? just wondering what his answer was (if he did in fact give you one?)

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!