striking after eating - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Cornsnakes & Ratsnakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 03-06-2006, 05:55 PM   #1
corn_breeder
striking after eating

i feed my corn male and he stiked at me several times why does he only do that after feeding is it normal

Old 03-06-2006, 06:48 PM   #2
norsmis
This is a feeding response. When snakes feed they get into kind of a feeding frenzy and striking at you after he eats is normal for a snake with a healthy appetite. Feed your snake and leave it alone for a few days to digest and calm down.

Old 03-06-2006, 09:42 PM   #3
corn_breeder
thanks

ok but it only happens with my male and it goes away in like 30 min.

Old 03-07-2006, 12:28 AM   #4
Mister Internet
Quote:
Originally Posted by corn_breeder
ok but it only happens with my male and it goes away in like 30 min.
Yeah... that's great, but the answer's still the same:

Quote:
Originally Posted by norsmis
This is a feeding response. When snakes feed they get into kind of a feeding frenzy and striking at you after he eats is normal for a snake with a healthy appetite. Feed your snake and leave it alone for a few days to digest and calm down.
You're lucky it's ONLY your male and that it goes away in a short time... I hope, for your sake, that you either learn not to disturb your snakes after they eat, or never acquire snakes larger than the corns it appears you have now. Snakes don't know any better... they don't "love you", they don't "hate you". Heck, when their in "feeding mode" they no idea who or what you are... the only thing they know when they are in feeding mode is "strike at anything that looks like food... or smells like food... or moves."

Now you know, and knowing is half the battle. Leave your snakes ALONE after they've eaten.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!