When Corn snake collecting becomes an addictive behavour... - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Cornsnakes & Ratsnakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 05-07-2003, 01:07 PM   #1
cowboyway
When Corn snake collecting becomes an addictive behavour...

ad·dicts ad.dict.ive

1. To cause to become physiologically or psychologically dependent on a habit-forming substance:
The thief was addicted to cocaine.

2. To occupy (oneself) with or involve (oneself) in something habitually or compulsively

A person who is addicted is known as an addict.
Many drugs (especially recreational drugs), for example, cause a set of medical conditions that include stimulating desire for more of the drug (more Corns ), increasing tolerance of higher doses(more corns), and pain or discomfort upon terminating use,called withdrawal, (Less Corns).

The word "Cornoholic" or "Corn Loco" (Corn Fiend?)
is some times used jokingly to refer to a corn snake hobbyist..

Although the term is used loosely rather than seriously, there is actually something in this, because any pleasurable activity releases endorphins, and this endorphin-rush can become 'addictive'.

Seek professional treatment if the urge to rob the convenience store on the corner for the "MooLaa" to buy more and more Corn Snake morphs becomes an issue for oneself. hehe.

So many Corn snakes, so little time...
Nobody sets out to be "corn hoe"...but as the addiction grows...

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!