Bad Guy William "Billy" Gangemi - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 03-24-2016, 10:30 AM   #11
nickolasanastasiou
White filamentous "fuzz" is generally a matter of oomycetes. Not to be confused with shedding skin. It should be noted, though, that oomycete colonization can stimulate the sloughing of epidermal layers as well.

Not saying that is the COD or anything here, but it is a factor you will want to consider for medical intervention.

Old 03-24-2016, 11:36 AM   #12
PotterJ
I have spoken with Billy and we are going to work something out. He was not ignoring me but had some very important things going on.

Old 03-24-2016, 11:56 AM   #13
tcp2
I have recently purchased two small turtles from Billy. They were $300.00 each, so I was holding my breath when they came in. They are in perfect health, and he has been nothing but great to deal with. Too bad people are so quick to open a public roasting of someone before they have exhausted all other avenues to resolve the situation.

Old 03-24-2016, 12:48 PM   #14
ElexisC
I thought it was illegal to sell turtles under 4 in?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Old 03-24-2016, 01:09 PM   #15
TeguBuzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElexisOrtiz View Post
I thought it was illegal to sell turtles under 4 in?

Illegal to sell them as pets.

Legal to sell them for things such as research, education, studies, exhibition, etc.

"Turtles under four inches are sold for scientific, educational, and export purposes only".

Old 03-24-2016, 01:16 PM   #16
ElexisC
Well weren't these sold as pets?

Old 03-24-2016, 01:44 PM   #17
nickolasanastasiou
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElexisOrtiz View Post
Well weren't these sold as pets?

Not if a seller worded his ad in an even remotely intelligent fashion.

Old 03-24-2016, 03:34 PM   #18
tlmoon
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcp2 View Post
I have recently purchased two small turtles from Billy. They were $300.00 each, so I was holding my breath when they came in. They are in perfect health, and he has been nothing but great to deal with. Too bad people are so quick to open a public roasting of someone before they have exhausted all other avenues to resolve the situation.
I'm glad your experience went well. The OP's however, did not. I don't think it's fair to say the OP is "roasting" the seller before trying other avenues. He did contact the seller and did not get a resolution. He also posted an update that the seller was going to work something out with him. We have all seen posts that unfairly bash a seller; this does not to me appear to be one of those times. Hopefully the seller will make things right and will we see some good news.

It's too bad that people are so quick to shoot the messenger sometimes...

Old 03-24-2016, 06:47 PM   #19
marke1
glad it looks like it's going to work out for you ........shipping hatchlings is not always safe , my vet tells me he sees lots of them ...... to use injectables on hatchlings your vet needs to cut whatever your going to use to a dose you can see and not too large a volume for the turtle . I believe the dose the vet shot for was around .01 ml , it's a drop ...... I've used fortaz , zeniquin , and amikacyn on turtles that weighed 15-20 grams ..... you'll need good eyes , or good reading glasses ........ I've also seen the vet use sub'q saline to rehydrate hatchlings ......

Old 04-26-2016, 05:14 PM   #20
PotterJ
Well I figured I would post an update to this situation. I would have posted this right after my last contact with Billy but I have been busy moving my collection to my new home. In my last post to this thread I explained that Billy had finally gotten back to me and was willing to work something out. I gave him a week or so to take care of some things he said he needed to do and then emailed him asking how he would like to take care of this. He told me that next time he had something for sale that I wanted he would give me a good price break on it. I explained to him that since I just moved I would not be able to purchase anything new for a while, and instead asked for something(turtle)that was equal to the value of the dead turtles or a refund for the dead animals. I did not hear back from Billy for about a week. When he finally did respond it was possibly the most rude and condescending email I have ever received in a business related conversation. His response is what I would expect from an angry child instead of an adult. I responded and told him that I would never be doing any business with him again. I am attaching screenshots of the email convo.
Attached Images

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!