snow corn not eating - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Cornsnakes & Ratsnakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 02-12-2006, 05:46 PM   #1
corn_breeder
Exclamation snow corn not eating

hello my name is hector i bought two corn snakes from a reptile company a normal and a snow the normal is eating well weekly . but the snow is not eating all she does is sleep and drink water she has done this for a month. also she has two black things in side her im thinking its her organs

Old 02-12-2006, 06:19 PM   #2
tandy4000
I was about to start a new thread when I saw this one. I have the same problem. Maybe we can figure this out together.
I've had these 1.1 oketee corns for 3 months now and they've been doing fine. 3 weeks ago, the male stopped feeding while the female is still doing fine. I'd think it was the enclosure, but they are housed together, so they should both have the problem.
One more thing I might add- about the same time the male stopped feeding my brother unplugged their heat and i just found out 4 days ago. Heat is back on now but he still wont eat. Is he trying to burmate? Should I force feed? Thanks

Old 02-12-2006, 06:22 PM   #3
tandy4000
Forgot- do you have a pic of the black things on the corn's side? It might be a parasite.

Old 02-12-2006, 06:23 PM   #4
hhmoore
In both cases: How old are the snakes in question? What are the current temperatures?
Daniel - this is the point that you smack your brother, and tell him to keep his hands off your stuff, lol
Hector - how long have you had the snakes? Did you get any info from the vendor?

Old 02-12-2006, 07:03 PM   #5
corn_breeder
ok he told me to get a wet rag and place it on one of my female rats for 30 min. then he told me to place the rag with the snake then 5 min. later to put in a pinkie until it eats and it hasn't . i've had them both for one month the snow is 5 months now and the normal is 6 months ill try to get the photo of it there not that blac and you can only see them when the snake is held up in the light

Old 02-12-2006, 07:15 PM   #6
hhmoore
I meant contact information - since you just got the snake, the breeder is the ideal person to talk to. What you describe is an interesting technique - personally, I wouldn't sell a snake that I had to work that hard to feed. You didn't say what temperature the snake is kept at...room temperature, as well as enclosure temps. or, at least, room temperature and what you are using as a heat source. Are both snakes comparable in size? or is there a noticeable difference?

Old 02-12-2006, 07:17 PM   #7
hhmoore
Oh - btw, in small albino (and similar) snakes, it is not uncommon to be able to see black things inside when you hold them up. Depending on positioning, and light intensity, what you are seeing could either be undigested prey items or organs.

Old 02-12-2006, 07:40 PM   #8
corn_breeder
um in their tank the temperture is at 80 degrees the size is noticable both when they got here and specialy now

Old 02-12-2006, 07:41 PM   #9
corn_breeder
i use a basking lamp and at night i use it with a black light i have towel at the bottom of the tank so it won't get cold.

Old 02-13-2006, 04:51 PM   #10
tandy4000
My female is 6 weeks older than the male and she's almost an inch longer. I'm going to estimate that the male-the one who won't eat- is 4 months old.
cool temp is about 73
warm is 77

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!