Removal Call Saturday - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Other Snakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 06-04-2012, 10:40 PM   #1
SPJ
Removal Call Saturday

This was the scary snake.
Attached Images

Old 06-05-2012, 07:34 AM   #2
TheFragginDragon
Looks dangerous.....glad you survived to tell the tale.

Old 06-05-2012, 11:37 AM   #3
bigjay
Amazing that you made it out alive.....they make movies about snakes that scary! Well done good sir.

Old 06-05-2012, 02:47 PM   #4
~Just Curious~
The horror!!! Thank heavens you were there to save all those lives!

...Sorry, but I'm curious, how did they react when you explained exactly what kind of monster they had on their hands?

Old 06-05-2012, 03:24 PM   #5
SPJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Just Curious~ View Post
The horror!!! Thank heavens you were there to save all those lives!

...Sorry, but I'm curious, how did they react when you explained exactly what kind of monster they had on their hands?
They still think it's "poisonous" and I was crazy to pick it up with my bare hands.
At least they didn't kill this one. I get calls sometimes to remove a snake AFTER they took it's head off with a shovel.

Old 06-05-2012, 03:35 PM   #6
Plethora Of Pythons LLC
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPJ View Post
I get calls sometimes to remove a snake AFTER they took it's head off with a shovel.
I hate it when that happens. Our neighbor rang our bell last spring. When I answered, he showed me a copperhead in three pieces on a snow shovel. He asked me what it was and I told him. I then told him that it was more scared of him than he was of it. He said not true. I pointed at the snake and said "well he had more of a reason to be afraid, you are still in one piece."

Old 06-05-2012, 04:25 PM   #7
~Just Curious~
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPJ View Post
They still think it's "poisonous" and I was crazy to pick it up with my bare hands.
At least they didn't kill this one. I get calls sometimes to remove a snake AFTER they took it's head off with a shovel.
Man, that gets me!!! I hate it when folks show me pics of the king or gopher they killed asking me what kind of rattler it was. There's nothing worse! It's not charging at you, is it that hard to just walk around!? *deep breath* I gotta say though, fear of snakes or not, I can't see how their brains work - going on insisting that some garter was dangerous. Even if they lived their entire life without ever learning a lick on them, they called a professional and then disagree with him even though they clearly aren't familiar themselves! How do these people figure...?

Still though, I am glad they didn't hurt that poor, lil' guy any. I'm sure he's happy to be away from them!

I don't know if it'll really help with those sorts, but perhaps if you don't already you could leave people with a paper before you leave simply telling people what to/not to do around them. Like a clear info-sheet to help educate them on what snakes are actually like, dispel some myths, and show how to identify the rare hots they may see.
It's just a thought. You already know how education can help alleviate some unjustified fears. It could help if even a single person is open to learning~

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!