4 Foot, 7 year old female for adopt, in PA - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Lizards For Sale/Wanteds > Iguanas

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-03-2007, 11:54 AM   #1
al5766
4 Foot, 7 year old female for adopt, in PA

Hi-

I recently got a almost 4 foot, 7 year old very sweet female iguana. I hadn't thought of the possibility of her making my small children sick from salmonella. Several people since have been harping and harping about how I'm putting my children at risk, ect. We've had her for a couple of weeks now, practicing proper sanitaizing and such. Overall, there probably isn't a problem, but I just can't live with the idea that there is a risk to the children. So, with a very heavy heart I'm trying to locate a good home for her. She is 'potty trained' to the tub every afternoon at around 1:00 PM. She loves human company and would love to be either free roaming or partially free roaming. I have a 4' X 2' X 5' cage that can go with her if you need it/want it. It's home made but nice. I'm only asking $25.00 in ensure a good home. I will not ship her. I live in Allentown, PA but will be willing to drive a little to meet. I couldn't bring the cage this way, but I could bring her. Please let me know if anybody is interested. I need to place her soon for my own peace of mind. Thank you.

Laura
al5766@gmail.com
(484) 553-8912

SERIOUS IQUIRIES ONLY-NO CHILDREN
  Contact User Check User
Old 04-05-2007, 07:15 AM   #2
jcoley14150
do you still have igg im in buffalo ny thanks jim

Old 05-12-2007, 01:27 PM   #3
shiftylarry
Salmonilla is really only a factor for animals that go in and out of the water, like turtles, amphibians, and other semi aquatic animals. Iguanas can carry it, but it is not as common as some people claim. So long as the enclosure is clean, you should be ok. But I understand the concern for you children. If I lived in PA, I'd take him off your hands. Good luck finding a home.

Old 05-19-2007, 11:00 PM   #4
Dragontails77
I also understand the concern for your children as well. Most people that are making the comments are probably not reptile people who understand little about salmoniila and reptiles in general. I agree with shiftylarrry. I have 11 cornsnakes and 9 bearded dragons and bugs(feeder food for my dragons) and a 2 year old child who has never been sick with salmonilla. If I lived near PA I would also take her. My daughter was born into a home with reptiles and never has been except once and that was with a cold. There is a very small risk to your kids and if you talk to other reptile people that have kids, you will find out that there is little risk to your child. I take precautions to make sure the risk is little or none. I wash my hands and hers after handling the reptiles. Keeping their cages clean is another factor. I can understand your concern but I would talk to more people who have kids and reptiles before making your decision if you realy want to keep her.

Old 09-03-2007, 11:36 PM   #5
reptirus
I realize this is 6 months old, but thought Id still take a stab at it. Is she still available? I could give her a nice home

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread