Greatest Loss ! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 04-16-2004, 02:57 PM   #1
Blazin
Greatest Loss !

Woke up this morning to pull eggs and feed and found I had lost my greatest possesion. Nitro was dead in her lay box this morning. She had shown no signs besides some weight loss that I attributed to breeding. I can't believe this. She was one of the nicest tangerines I had ever seen in my life. I can't figure out what happened. The day before she died I noticed her squinting her eyes and they looked a bit sunken. This is just horrible. Thanks for letting me vent.

Old 04-16-2004, 03:09 PM   #2
beakgeek
Chad

I'm so sorry to hear that :-( I hope you have some of her offspring to remember her by and to continue her line.

Regards,

Terry

Old 04-16-2004, 03:16 PM   #3
Golden Gate Geckos
OMG!!!

This is terrible!!! I am so sorry!

Old 04-16-2004, 03:29 PM   #4
E2MacPets
Chad,

I'm so sorry for your loss, that is horrible!!!!

Old 04-16-2004, 03:30 PM   #5
Snakebyt
damn Chad.. really sorry to hear that... was an awesome animal

Old 04-16-2004, 03:40 PM   #6
KelliH
Oh no

Chad I am so sorry to hear about this. :-(

I have had this happen 3 times over the years as well, and I feel your pain. I have often wondered if we overfeed a fatty diet to the point of causing liver failure or something similar. Please, please do not think I am trying to place blame on you for your leos death, as I said it has happened to me before. Each time it has happened it has been with a normal, healthy appearing (a tad chubby) mature female during the breeding season. I hope it never happens again, but if it does I plan on sending the body off for a full necropsy. It is not expensive to do so, and I feel it could be worthwhile. Lots of times necropsies come back "inconclusive" but it would be interesting to see if there were enlarged kidneys or liver. I have actually thought of looking inside myself to see, but I just don't have the heart or the stomach for it.

Anyway, you have my sympathy, and like Terry said, hopefully you have a Nitro baby to continue her line. I remember her pictures and she was a gorgeous leo.

Old 04-16-2004, 03:41 PM   #7
robin d.
chad i am so sorry for your loss... sometimes weird unexplainable thing happens and we dont know why.. i feel for you and hopefully she has left behind some babies carry on what beauty she held

Old 04-16-2004, 09:42 PM   #8
Crestedleo
why???

isn't it just wierd when they do that??? life is not fair people!!!! sorry for youre loss.

Old 04-16-2004, 10:46 PM   #9
diablohogs
i would also like to offer my condolences.

Old 04-16-2004, 11:55 PM   #10
Blazin
Thanks for the empathy ya'll.

I just can't believe it happened. I am still in shock. I feel like I loss a Dog. I am a grown man and have a what many consider a very manly profession and I feel like balling my eyes out! I do have 6 fertile eggs from her that I will be keeping. Only hope they remind me of her. THanks again guys and gals.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!