female knob tailed feet pad look swollen - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Veterinarian Practice & General Health Issues

Notices

Veterinarian Practice & General Health Issues Anything to do with veterinarians, health issues, pathogens, hygiene, or sanitation.

Old 11-28-2018, 11:53 AM   #1
gabe86
female knob tailed feet pad look swollen

My gecko. I starting to think that her feet are swollen from her shed after her first clutch. I have soak her foot in distilled water for 15min and put her in a cage with only wet paper towels. Every day she sayins in one spot some time she moves around but has not eaten any of her crickets. Has anyone tried using 1:1 on water with manuka honey for geckos with problem shedding from thier feet? I have hear people use this for cut on reptiles. I figure this on thing i can think of that is nature and honey has a fact of killing infecting cut on skin. But not sure if it good for geckos?

Old 07-22-2019, 06:34 AM   #2
Joshua Duncan
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabe86 View Post
My gecko. I starting to think that her feet are swollen from her shed after her first clutch. I have soak her foot in distilled water for 15min and put her in a cage with only wet paper towels. Every day she sayins in one spot some time she moves around but has not eaten any of her crickets. Has anyone tried using 1:1 on water with manuka honey for geckos with problem shedding from thier feet? I have hear people use this for cut on reptiles. I figure this on thing i can think of that is nature and honey has a fact of killing infecting cut on skin. But not sure if it good for geckos?
Knob-tailed Geckos thrive in social groups consisting of a single male and multiple females. A pair or trio can be adequately housed in a glass mesh top vivarium measuring 60x30cm or larger (the bigger the better). ExoTerra and ReptileOne terrariums are all ideal as they are spacious, secure and well ventilated. While they may not be excellent escape artists, security is important when protecting your geckos from other pests and pets. It is a good idea to only keep similarly sized Geckos together, as bite sized Geckos look incredibly tasty to other Geckos and smaller individuals may be harassed. Ensure your enclosure is placed in a room that is well lit, away from direct sunlight, quiet and away from frequent activity, ideally with a stable temperature no higher than 20-25C. These Gecko’s do not tolerate temperatures above 30C for extended periods of time, they are however very cold weather resistant.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!