SOLD!! 0.0.1 Yellow Ackie - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Lizards For Sale/Wanteds > Monitors

Notices

Old 05-26-2020, 04:02 PM   #1
spanah22
0.0.1 Yellow Ackie

I have for your consideration one juvenile yellow ackie (Varanus acanthurus) and one adult male jeweled lacerta (Timon lepidus).

They are quality animals that took me several months to find and several hundred dollars to acquire, but I am looking to rehome them because my life has become considerably more busy since I bought them, I am seldom home to enjoy them, and I want them to go to someone who is more firmly rooted into this hobby who could give them a quality forever home (as pets or as breeders). I’m about to go into my third year of university and even with a part time job I can’t afford them all the things that I’d like to give them in order to enrich their lives/environments, so I prefer that they go to someone with several years of reptile experience who is at a point in their life where they can reliably afford/care for a collection. I am just not at that point yet. I also have available an array of supplies and enclosures I’m willing to let go of for reasonably low prices. Both lizards would come with all remaining food that I have for them (dubia roaches). To reiterate, proof of a good home is a must and is a prerequisite for purchase. Specific details on each lizard are provided below:

**Please be advised: Due to Covid-19 and consequent delays/damages that have been observed in certain instances of shipping, I will not ship. Too many animals ending up dead upon arrival. Buyer must pick up local in zip code 21794 (which is near Columbia, Maryland). Thank you for your understanding.***

Species: Yellow ackie monitor
(Note: This is a repeat-listing for this lizard; he/she was previously listed and was pending sale, but the arrangement fell through due to extraneous circumstances, therefore he/she is still available! I figured I’d re-post this updated listing, though, which also features a lower price!).
Origin: Bred by and purchased directly from Rare Earth Inc., so you know he/she is a quality prospect.
Gender: Undetermined (as a hobbyist and not a breeder, I was impartial to gender).
Diet: Currently feeding on small dubia roaches, primarily. Also receives meal worms/small superworms as a treat to add variety. Has accepted small crickets in the past as well.
Price: $300, negotiable with proof of truly exceptional home
Additional Information: For an additional $50, I will include with him/her a 36x18 exo terra and lighting, as well as his flagstone rock stack and exo terra hide. This is meant as a TEMPORARY enclosure, thus the steep discount. My 4x2x2 enclosure was purchased for him but he/she is very quick and was too liable to escape through the wide, low doors of the 4x2x2 enclosure. I do not attempt to handle him/her because he/she is so small and unbelievably fast, as well as very keen to find the best hiding spots in the house (I learned the hard way), so I just enjoy viewing this lizard from the other side of the glass. If you took the time; however, and used the right methods, he/she could be tamed (he/she will stand on my hand during feeding which is a good sign). He/she is visibly healthy and is a voracious eater. Always sheds well, all toes are still there, and has no deformities.

Species: Jeweled Lacerta
Color: Normal
Origin: Purchased directly from Snakes at Sunset, which is a fantastic store in Florida. This lizard is really something with extremely bright blues. To be honest, I’m very reluctant to sell him but I am trying to consider his best interests and place him in a phenomenal home with more stability than I can guarantee him.
Diet: Eats dubia roaches primarily with occasional supplements of mealworms, superworms, tomato worms, crickets, and fruit (particularly diced strawberries).
Price: $200, negotiable with proof of truly exceptional home
Additional information: This guy is super cool. He does not like to be handled but he is also not aggressive. Will not bite you unless he’s mistaken you for food. Will occasionally hiss if he’s grumpy and you’ve woken him up, but otherwise will come up to the glass to greet you and beg for food. I’ve picked him up gently before to remove him from his cage for cleaning and he tolerates it, but does not particularly enjoy it, so he is happiest as a pet to enjoy from a distance. However, his vibrant colors and patterning makes him very fun to watch. He’s an interesting character, and he’s always excited to eat. Visibly healthy, enjoys soaking in his water tub, also likes to dig. Never had a bad shed, all toes present, no deformities.

Supplies: I’ve spent hundreds of dollars on supplies, mostly zoo-med and exo-terra brand items. I have several dishes, lighting fixtures, hides, etc. as well as several enclosures ranging from a 20 gallon tank to a 4x2x2 critter condo from DIYcages that has been used for less than a year (retails for over $300). Willing to part with all supplies and enclosures, ask me for details on them. Everything would be priced to move; lizards and all supplies must be sold by the end of June so that my boyfriend can come home to a clean house and so I can afford to buy him a homecoming gift

Accepted payments: Cash or PayPal.

PM me with inquiries; I will be responding to messages as soon as possible (around my work schedule). Guaranteed response within 24 hours.
Attached Images

Contact User Check User

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!