Posting that is sold - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 12-20-2016, 10:15 AM   #1
dovelett15
Posting that is sold

Hello,

How do I edit my posting to indicate that the tortoise has sold? The edit icon allows me to change the content of the posting but I am unable to indicate in the title of the posted ad "SOLD"..

Thank you!

Old 12-20-2016, 10:29 AM   #2
Beyond GenetiX
Are you able to delete the ad altogether? Click on "user CP" top left, click on "classified panel" and then delete?

Old 12-20-2016, 11:17 AM   #3
Robert Walker
If you leave the ad, but change it to "sold", this can help you sell other animals. "Sold" let's others know you are actually doing business. My 2 cents.
In the edit feature, you can select "go advanced", this should allow you to access the title and change it.

Old 12-20-2016, 11:25 AM   #4
Beyond GenetiX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Walker View Post
If you leave the ad, but change it to "sold", this can help you sell other animals. "Sold" let's others know you are actually doing business. My 2 cents.
In the edit feature, you can select "go advanced", this should allow you to access the title and change it.
This is very true. I just know how many ads that get brought back from the grave because they were not deleted. I guess you could change the heading to "sold" and lock the ad. I've only marked my ads sold maybe a handful of times but then I go an delete them a day later. I do not feel it has had a negative impact on my sells to delete them, but it may. Maybe I'll have to give it a try next time, thanks Robert.

Old 12-20-2016, 02:53 PM   #5
hhmoore
The original question was answered by Robert; but I'll chime in on the secondary topic.

I was always a proponent of leaving a few SOLD ads up because they would be picked up in searches, and people would inquire about what I had available. That said, I never left more than a handful at a time...and I always closed my ads; so there was never a worry about somebody dragging it up months later.

Old 12-20-2016, 03:06 PM   #6
Robert Walker
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore View Post
The original question was answered by Robert; but I'll chime in on the secondary topic.

I was always a proponent of leaving a few SOLD ads up because they would be picked up in searches, and people would inquire about what I had available. That said, I never left more than a handful at a time...and I always closed my ads; so there was never a worry about somebody dragging it up months later.
Great to see this post for a variety of reasons Harald

Old 12-20-2016, 03:06 PM   #7
dovelett15
Thank you all for your response! Makes perfect sense to post in the title "Sold", then lock. Promotes a good search history for potential future sales.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!