new rosy boa owner ... question - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Rosy, Sand, Ground Boas/Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 02-07-2005, 11:57 PM   #1
vanessa
Question new rosy boa owner ... question

I just bought my Rosy Boa today. It is a desert rosy boa.

My question is regarding her tail. At the very very tip of her tail, it is dry and hard. It almost looks ... dried out ?? Other than this, she is healthy. She moves around, doesn't seem to mind to be handled and has become used to her tank quickly.

Any ideas as to what may be wrong with her tail ? Someone told me it could be stress that caused it ... I have no clue.

Any help would be appreciated.

Old 02-08-2005, 12:13 AM   #2
Wilomn
Two possibilities come to mind.

The first is that it is normal tail shape. Rosies do have a hardened tip to thier tails on occasion, especially the larger ones. It is a normal thing.

The second is that the tip of the tail has not shed off properly and it is now mis-shapen.

Could you post a pic of it? That would be really helpful.

Old 02-08-2005, 11:37 PM   #3
vanessa
that is what someone I asked said ... the tip of the tail may not have shed off all the way.

how do i post a picture ? that would help me clear up my worries.

thank you !

Old 02-08-2005, 11:49 PM   #4
Wilomn
I can't help with the picture question but don't worry too much about the tail. It is a natural feature for them to have a blunt tail and that may be all that it is.

Do you have a digital camera?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!