Mexican Hognose food refusal - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Hognose Snakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 11-07-2007, 10:10 PM   #1
Melisssss
Mexican Hognose food refusal

I have a pair of Mexican Hognose snakes that I got around 10/18/07. The female eats unscented f/t pinkies right away even thought she was eating only scented pf/t pinkies before I got her. The male is a different story. I cannot get him to eat not matter how often or how little I try. Troy was scenting with cricket frogs which I cannot get here anywhere so I have been using tuna juice. He will not take scented f/t or unscented. I have left them in overnight in a paper bag with him and still no luck. I have placed them in his mouth...he spits them out. He is fast approaching a month without eating and for a hatchling snake, I would think that to be rather too long.

I am out of ideas. Does anyone else have any or is he just going to be one of those snakes that dies due to non-feeding?

Old 11-08-2007, 02:48 AM   #2
jpatino
i have heard that you can try feeding them guppies to get them to eat. i don't remember where i heard it or if it works as mine ate unscented from when i got them.

jpatino

Old 11-08-2007, 10:55 AM   #3
99Vengeur
Have you tried braining the pinkies, or even offering live? You might want to try a toad or lizard to get one meal in him.

Old 11-18-2007, 05:45 AM   #4
ladyserpent7
hows it goin with the feeding..anything yet.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!