My only '09 litter is here! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 06-29-2009, 02:56 PM   #1
AbsoluteApril
My only '09 litter is here!

Zahara, my ’98 high pink female, delivered a wonderful litter for me on Friday 6/26. The father was Alpine, a ’03 Kahl strain albino that was born in my very first boa litter, making me a grandma! I am so happy right now. On with the pics!

Zah resting with her babies. I was surprised so many were still in the sack. She went 110 days POS and 128 days from ovulation.

Babies in the goo are so cool!

Check out the two babies on the lower right corner resting their heads together.

Zah was really tired but managed to hiss up a storm when I took her out. Here she is in a resting tub looking very thin and dark. She made me proud once again, she’s such a terrific boa!

The next day the babies had moved off from the birth site so I moved them into a temp. tub. Looks like I got 17 healthy little hets and 2 slugs.

I love how babies all want to be in the same spot:

Fresh out of the goo! (Bad indoor lighting and camera flash, but some pics are better than none)

Another shot of that one:

One of my favorites so far:

This one has lots of big chunky saddles:

Here was one of the few darker looking ones with gray over all the sides:

That’s it for now. Thank you for looking!
-April

Old 06-29-2009, 03:05 PM   #2
Miss Tuniwha
YAY!!!!!

Congrats!!! They look GREAT!!!!

Old 06-29-2009, 03:48 PM   #3
SPJ
Awesome. Can't wait to see them post shed.

Old 06-29-2009, 03:50 PM   #4
Boa4u
Congrats April!! Some nice looking babies there and I love Zah with the reduced saddle count and clean so looking, she is a hot looking mama!!

Old 06-29-2009, 03:57 PM   #5
Uroboros
GO YOU!!!!!

ehehe, Right on!

Old 06-29-2009, 03:59 PM   #6
Boa4u
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boa4u View Post
Congrats April!! Some nice looking babies there and I love Zah with the reduced saddle count and clean so looking, she is a hot looking mama!!
Ok, I am talking like Yoda again. Reduced saddle count and so clean looking, thats what I meant to say. For some reason the edit post function does not work for me anymore!!

Old 06-29-2009, 06:02 PM   #7
Randolph's Redtail's
Very nice April ,beautiful little babies!

Old 06-29-2009, 06:10 PM   #8
Twizted Paths
Congrats!! They are so awesome, I love that dark one! Smokin gunmetal sheen over hot pink.

Old 06-30-2009, 03:47 PM   #9
AbsoluteApril
Thank you everyone for the nice comments! I can't wait to see them once they shed. Picking out the keepers is the hard part (but fun too!).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twizted Paths View Post
I love that dark one! Smokin gunmetal sheen over hot pink.
Thanks! I'm really interested to see how one of the dark ones develops, I've never gotten them with such a gray tone before (gunmetal is a perfect description!). I wonder once they lose the baby grays if that will go away or not? (I hope it doesn't, the look reminds me of the silver sides some retics get)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boa4u View Post
Ok, I am talking like Yoda again.
ha! I read your first post and thought 'hmm... someone's either up too late or hasn't had coffee yet' Thanks for the compliments to Zahara! She's one of my favorite boas, normally very docile and she's even better looking in person (but aren't they always?)

Old 06-30-2009, 04:53 PM   #10
BryonsBoas
CONGRATS April !!!!! Some good looking little wigglers right there. Can't wait to see some post shed pics.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!