Ackies - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Iguanas & Monitors Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 06-09-2012, 03:25 AM   #1
jmugleston
Ackies

One of my younger ackies enjoying some artificial sun

A male that recently was listed for sale

Old 07-15-2012, 02:44 PM   #2
azeppelinfan
Wonderful color on that one! Coloring suggests it's a yellow ackie but the body seems more like a red?

Here's mine....

Old 07-15-2012, 06:36 PM   #3
hadenglock
those are definitely reds

Old 07-15-2012, 08:51 PM   #4
jmugleston
Definitely reds.

Reds have more patterning on the head, and black spots in within the light eyespots on the back.

Yellows lack those characters and have a light streak along the spine.

Old 07-15-2012, 09:37 PM   #5
azeppelinfan
Just so I understand.....is mine a red as well??? It very well could be, I adopted it from an 'iffy' friend who told me she was a 'yellow'; she (I think) didn't get enough food so I took it on. If it is, I would like to know so I can take proper care of it.

Old 07-15-2012, 09:53 PM   #6
azeppelinfan
I see the lack of color and what appears to be a light streak.

Old 07-16-2012, 11:08 PM   #7
jmugleston
Quote:
Originally Posted by azeppelinfan View Post
Wonderful color on that one! Coloring suggests it's a yellow ackie but the body seems more like a red?

Here's mine....

Quote:
Just so I understand.....is mine a red as well??? It very well could be, I adopted it from an 'iffy' friend who told me she was a 'yellow'; she (I think) didn't get enough food so I took it on. If it is, I would like to know so I can take proper care of it.
Quote:
Your ackies look to be yellows. The lack dark spots in the ocelli (yours only has faint spots in some), the lack of pattern on the head, and the smaller tail whorls point to yours being the "yellow" line of ackies. The ackie at the top is still a juvie and already has quite intense tail whorls relative to the yellow pictured below. Also the ocelli contain much darker spots.

Old 07-16-2012, 11:09 PM   #8
jmugleston
Quote:

Here's mine....

Quote:
Quote:
Your ackie look to be a yellow. The lack dark spots in the ocelli (yours only has faint spots in some), the lack of pattern on the head, and the smaller tail whorls point to yours being the "yellow" line of ackies. The ackie at the top is still a juvie and already has quite intense tail whorls relative to the yellow pictured below. Also the ocelli contain much darker spots.

Old 07-16-2012, 11:13 PM   #9
jmugleston
Seems I cannot edit my post to correct my grammar! Oops.
Let me try that again!

Your ackie looks to be a yellow. The lack of dark spots in the ocelli (your lizard only has faint spots in some of the ocelli and not the expected dark spots), the lack of pattern on the head, and the smaller tail whorls point to your lizard being the yellow line of ackie. The ackie at the top is still a juvenile and already has the intense tail whorls, patterned head, and dark spots in the ocelli that you'd expect in a red. Typically the yellows also have a more subdued color though this will vary in some lines.

Old 07-17-2012, 06:24 AM   #10
azeppelinfan
Thanks Joey......Interestingly enough, I called proexotics.com today inquiring about a trio of "yellow" Ackies. A trio and a single are going up tomorrow. Since the breeding of these guys in the states have been so over done, they list them as 'PE' and wont list as red or yellow anymore.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!