Ramses-Jasper Baby Profiles (2014-C, HH) - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 02-03-2015, 10:27 PM   #1
Snakesitter
Ramses-Jasper Baby Profiles (2014-C, HH)

(Note this post is best viewed in threaded layout, where available.)

Living Gems Reptiles is pleased to finally profile the babies from its 2014 “C” litter.

Born on November 18, 2014 to Ramses (a September 2010 hypo male)…

Sire

Baby

Adult

…and Jasper (an August 2009 normal female noted for bullseye pattern and dark face)…

Dam

Baby

Adult (Gravid)

…the 13 babies in this litter really shine. They display gorgeous color and amazingly fat, deep side crescents. As expected, a few have bullseyes; as a bonus, a few also show strong dorsal chaining as icing on the cake.

Most have now shed twice and eaten at least six times. As has been outlined in previous posts, all of these babies come from a disease-tested facility.

As with all LGR litters, we’ve done dozens of handling sessions for each baby, part of our commitment to start acclimating them to humans.

Over the following posts, please find a short profile of the babies in the litter. For each, a short description is provided, along with a selection of photos showing their development over the first few sheds, and noting any behavioral or physical quirks.

So grab a cup of your favorite brew, sit back, relax, and enjoy!

Thank you as always for reading,

Old 02-03-2015, 10:27 PM   #2
Snakesitter
Baby #01 (Female)

This beguiling little lady has several pairs of linked dorsal spots on her back. Her side pattern consists of thick rich crescents, with one merged spot on her right. After tasting frozen/thawed for her first meal ever, she has since displayed a stubborn, princess-like insistence on live mouse hoppers (carefully supervised). I guess I need to improve my frozen rodent chef skills?

Birth

Two Weeks (First Shed)

Two Months (Second Shed)

Front

Rear

Closeup

As of December’s weigh-in, this little gem measured 46 grams.

Old 02-03-2015, 10:28 PM   #3
Snakesitter
Baby #02 (Female)

This little gal has a trio of mickey dorsal marks on her back. Her side pattern is exclusively nice crescents. Like her sister above, she has displayed a stubborn preference for live hoppers so far, with only two frozen/thawed meals accepted.

Birth

Two Weeks (First Shed)

Two Months (Second Shed)

Side Right

Side Left

Closeup

As of December’s weigh-in, this little gem measured 40 grams.

Old 02-03-2015, 10:28 PM   #4
Snakesitter
Baby #03 (Male)

I did not think I was going to hold back a male this year. At eight males already, I have enough for my immediate needs, I kept telling myself -- and already have two *more* growing up.

This little guy changed my mind.

He has great color to start, and even in a strong litter overall really stands out. On top of that, his side patterns are fat crescents, save for two bullseyes on his left. Finally, he has extensive dorsal chaining: one link of six, two of five, and six shorter ones.

His only flaw is a recent pickiness with frozen/thawed. Guess I need to move him farther away from his two older sisters’ influence. ;-)

Welcome to the LGR lineup, little man.

Birth

Two Weeks (First Shed)

Two Months (Second Shed)

Front

Side

Closeup

As of December’s weigh-in, this little gem measured 47 grams.

Old 02-03-2015, 10:29 PM   #5
Snakesitter
Baby #04 (Male)

The silver eyes on this little man really pop in person. He has six linked dorsal spots on his back, including several mickeys. His side pattern is strong crescents, save for two bullseyes on each side, plus a lone orange fragment on his left.

Birth

Two Weeks (First Shed)

Two Months (Second Shed)

Side Right

Side Left

Closeup

As of December’s weigh-in, this little gem measured 45 grams.

Old 02-03-2015, 10:29 PM   #6
Snakesitter
Baby #05 (Male)

This little boy has seven linked dorsal spots on his back, including several mickeys. His side pattern shows his bullseye parentage, with seven on his left and four on his right, plus one lone pearl. He is also a fast grower, and one of the heaviest in his litter.

Birth

Two Weeks (First Shed)

Two Months (Second Shed)

Front

Side

Closeup

As of December’s weigh-in, this little gem measured 59 (!) grams.

Old 02-03-2015, 10:30 PM   #7
Snakesitter
Baby #06 (Female)

This little girl has five linked dorsal spots on her back, including several mickeys. Her border lines are bit thicker than her littermates. Her side pattern shows a good mix, predominantly crescents but with scattered pearls and bullseyes (six between them). Her crescents, as if to balance out her back lines, are just a touch thinner than her littermates’…but that’s only when compared to some strong competition!

Birth

Two Weeks (First Shed)

Two Months (Second Shed Pending)

Side Right

Side Left

Closeup

As of December’s weigh-in, this little gem measured 49 grams.

Old 02-03-2015, 10:30 PM   #8
Snakesitter
Baby #07 (Male)

This little guy has extensive dorsal chaining, with one link of five, four of four, and four of three. His side pattern is almost exclusively nice crescents, except for one lone bullseye on his left.

Birth

Two Weeks (First Shed)

Two Months (Second Shed)

Front

Side

Closeup

As of December’s weigh-in, this little gem measured 52 grams.

Old 02-03-2015, 10:31 PM   #9
Snakesitter
Baby #08 (Male)

This little man has three linked dorsal spots on his back, including two mickeys. His side pattern has seven bullseyes and two merged spots mixed among his crescents, evenly split between his two sides.

Birth

Two Weeks (First Shed)

Two Months (Second Shed)

Side Right

Side Left

Closeup

As of December’s weigh-in, this little gem measured 47 grams.

Old 02-03-2015, 10:31 PM   #10
Snakesitter
Baby #09 (Female)

This little lady has six linked dorsal spots on her back, including several mickeys. Her side pattern has six bullseyes and one merged spot mixed among her crescents, evenly split between her two sides. She was a feisty little thing as a newborn, nipping more than the rest of the litter together and doubled, but has since calmed down. She is one of my two female holdbacks, as I try to fill out LGR’s final het hypo slot (one of the two will eventually leave us).

Birth

Two Weeks (First Shed)

Two Months (Second Shed Pending)

Side Right

Side Left

Closeup

As of December’s weigh-in, this little gem measured 49 grams.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!