Beautiful red iquana - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Iguanas & Monitors Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 09-30-2006, 10:35 PM   #1
gardenmum
Beautiful red iquana

Wow, is this little one beautiful. I never knew they came this color till I saw it. I assume they are just a different color phase of the green iguana?? I tried looking up information on the www about them but found nothing. Don't know it it is a boy or girl yet, but sure is a nice looker and doesn't mind me holding it either.

Hope you enjoy the pictures.

Old 10-01-2006, 01:42 AM   #2
Aprylla
Wow. He/she is gorgeous. If you don't mind my asking, where did you get him/her?

Old 10-01-2006, 05:23 AM   #3
Jake The Snake
Looks male to me. Gorgeous regardless. Looking forward to seeing him grow!!

Old 10-01-2006, 11:14 AM   #4
varnyard
Dianne, this is a green iggy but it is the red phase. Red iggys are pretty rare in iggys but there are some around. You iggy looks great!! These animals for the most part are not cheap if you can find them.

Old 10-01-2006, 12:15 PM   #5
gardenmum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aprylla
Wow. He/she is gorgeous. If you don't mind my asking, where did you get him/her?
Thanks! Yeah, I thought so too when I saw him. This is my first "big" lizard, I am going to have to design some sort of large enclosure for him now. Right now he is in an aquarium and seems content enough, he is eating his fruits/veggies and at this moment is sprawled out on his tree under his UV light with his legs dangling.
I got him at Petco. I went in for some live mice for some '06 ball pythons that haven't switched over to F/T yet and fell in love at first sight.

Quote:
Looks male to me. Gorgeous regardless. Looking forward to seeing him grow!!
Thanks. Yes, my thoughts when I saw him was "male" but till I can tell for sure by his undeside I am erring to "it". lol. Thanks for the nice comments on him. I am sure I will be posting pictures from time to time.

Quote:
Dianne, this is a green iggy but it is the red phase. Red iggys are pretty rare in iggys but there are some around. You iggy looks great!! These animals for the most part are not cheap if you can find them.
Thank you very much for the information. They said it was the same as the green iquana so I figured it was just a color phase but wanted to be sure since I could find no info on it no matter how I worded the google search.
Thanks for the compliments.

Old 12-14-2006, 08:28 PM   #6
dirthawker1313
i just bought one from my local petco also. they must have an influx of them. mines a femal though as her pores arent large.

Old 12-22-2006, 03:02 AM   #7
RosterImposter
How much are these things going for at Petco?

Old 12-22-2006, 09:36 PM   #8
dirthawker1313
they wanted 129.00 for mine. i think its the most i have paid for an iggy in years but she was well worth it.

Old 01-31-2007, 08:17 PM   #9
Fruitbatjellybean
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirthawker1313
i just bought one from my local petco also. they must have an influx of them.
I just got one from Petco here too. Isn't that strange?

Old 09-18-2007, 12:57 PM   #10
bullfrog100000
I see them on kingsnake a lot. I think they are really neat looking, just don't have room for a big lizard right now.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!