Western NC Reptile show ???? feedback - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shows & Events

Notices

Shows & Events Since these are such a big part of our business, it is appropriate that we discuss them from a business perspective.

View Poll Results: Western NC Reptile Expo & what to have in it ?
Location Hickory NC 11 23.40%
Location Winston Salem NC 10 21.28%
Location Charlotte NC 24 51.06%
Location Greensboro NC 14 29.79%
As a customer I would travel 100 miles for a show 16 34.04%
As a customer I would travel 200 miles for a show 13 27.66%
As a customer I would travel 300 miles for a show 4 8.51%
As a customer I would travel anywhere for a show 2 4.26%
Reptiles only snakes , lizards NO venomous 23 48.94%
Reptiles * Mammals NO Venomous 15 31.91%
Caging and suppiles are my main needs in a show 9 19.15%
As a vendor would you attend a Western NC show? 12 25.53%
As a vendor I would not attend a Western NC show 1 2.13%
As a Vendor I would travel upto 250 miles to do a show 6 12.77%
As a Vendor i would travel over 250 miles to do a show 5 10.64%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-18-2004, 12:33 PM   #1
JungleHabitats
Stop! Western NC Reptile show ???? feedback

Well this is something that i have been thinking of since moving into this area of NC from Raleigh last summer. We have two shows a year here in NC and they both have good turnouts.With that i know ALOT would like to have more shows in the state to give them more chances to pick up quailty animals within a close driving range from neighboring states.I have been thinking that a "Western NC Reptile Expo" might be a good idea to put on as it would make travel from states like TN , SC, VA, GA, AL ,Fla and others a easy path to travel . I Live right off of I-40 and as we know its a major pathway for travelers that connect ALOT of states lol. I was thinking of looking into a few close by cities that would be within several major highways that would make the trip easy and swift as the routes would be major highways to access . The first idea is the city of Hickory NC , they have a 3-4 yr old convention center that is located with in almost spitting distance of I-40 and within 1/2 mile of the exit to access the center. They also have several hotels/ motels , resturants with in a 5 mile area of the center. what i would like to do is get feedback from anyone who goes to the NC shows each year if they would like to see a 3rd show in the state ? and more specifically in the western part ? im going to list a multiple choice pole of what you would like to see in a show and possible location in which you would most likely travel to see or participate in a show. I would really like feedback be it good or bad on how you feel about this topic and possible new show put on in NC

Thanks for replies and ANY comments are very welcomed on this topic.

Old 02-18-2004, 01:18 PM   #2
Clay Davenport
I think a Western NC show would be great, as long as it's done right. It doesn't look like there's going to be another show in Bristol this year, at least I haven't seen anything about one and their website is gone.

Hickory is the only one of your location choices that is actually western NC though. You might consider Asheville too, it's a good sized city and would draw alot of TN customers as well as GA and SC.
I'd vote for no mammals.
If it's not a spring show, I'd consider vending again to support the show.

It's no small undertaking to get a new show off the ground, but with 2-3 years, and good incentive for both customer and vendor, I think it could work.

Old 02-18-2004, 01:38 PM   #3
LaBete
I'd love to see a show in Charlotte because it's very accessible to surrounding states, and because I know my sister would give me lodging.

Old 02-18-2004, 01:50 PM   #4
WebSlave
I believe Tony Cueto is moving his Columbia, SC show to Greenville, SC this year. So this will effectively be a Western South Carolina Show.

Old 02-18-2004, 05:01 PM   #5
LaBete
Quote:
Originally posted by WebSlave
I believe Tony Cueto is moving his Columbia, SC show to Greenville, SC this year. So this will effectively be a Western South Carolina Show.
Do you have a link for info on this show? I'd love to find out more about it.

Old 02-18-2004, 06:30 PM   #6
Conrad
Thumbs up Western Show

I attend both shows in Raliegh and the show in SC yearly and would love to see another show to visit or attend within a reasonable driving distance. Now, I know that reasonable depends on person to person...for me, I'm not looking for anything more than than about 5 hours away. My current income just cannot support anything more than that really, even with savings and compiling costs with another breeder, so Hickory would be just at that limit, as is the SC show. The move in place might actually push my limit this year, and I may not attend unless things work out good. So most other locations would be alright as they aren't much over 3 hours for me to drive. And as being a relative "beginner" in the business portion of herptological endevours, would love a chance for people to actually "see" what I have to offer them. So all in all, I'm for it. Sorry it took so long to say that...lol

Old 02-18-2004, 11:09 PM   #7
Bobby Douglass
Since I live in East TN, Hickory would be my choice of the cities you gave. Asheville would be much more likely to attract people from TN since it's a lot closer and there are no shows in TN I don't believe. I would stick to reptiles only and no venomous. I'll never go to another show in Bristol if they do have one. I hated the last one.

Old 03-10-2004, 05:37 PM   #8
MSRHINOVIPER
I think it would be great to have another show in North Carolina. I live in the Triad so anywhere close would be nice. I go to both shows in NC and the one in SC. Hope you get it worked out. Let us know what happens.

Old 03-23-2004, 04:30 PM   #9
eric adrignola
I'm P R E T T Y sure that Tony has a show set up for greenville, SC this year. I'll have to double check with him, but I remember seeing it on his site or something.

Greenville SC might as well be western NC. I got married in Hendersonville, and all my relatives flew into Greenville.

It's less than an hour from Asheville, right?

Old 04-26-2004, 09:11 PM   #10
dcboas
western nc show

Hey Alan,great idea.I persoaly would enjoy another show and the chance to meet more people with the same interests as I.I cant wait for may 1-2 ,and looking forward to meeting you also.See ya there

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!