Florida state law issues - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Laws, Legislative Issues & Alerts > USA State Specific Issues

Notices

USA State Specific Issues Issues that are specific to a particular state, or subregion within a state, should be appended to the existing relevant thread. NEW threads cannot be created in this forum.

Old 10-16-2003, 11:07 PM   #21
Axe
Quote:
Originally posted by brucestephenson
We can only hope for the best. And I hope that you are the one who is right. And I hope that my friend is completely mistaken.
Of course, this new plan relates to EXOTICS, not just hots, and not just any reptiles. The idiot who had a 425lb Siberian/Bengal Tiger mix & a 5ft Caimen in his apartment in Harlem might not put "exotics" keepers (regardless of species) in a good light either.

Many people get bitten by wild hots too, that doesn't mean the government wants to go on a scheme killing them all off, at least, not officially

Old 10-17-2003, 12:04 AM   #22
Ken Harbart
Well, the detail of the medication certainly put a new spin on this, depending on the type of med and Mr Anderson's mental capacity when he was bitten.

As for any statewide or national backlash from this, I just don't see it happening, especially now that a couple months has passed since the incident.

Old 10-17-2003, 12:21 AM   #23
brucestephenson
The part of the article in the Tampa Tribune which states "Commissioners (County) also directed staff to continue investigating ways to beef up restrictions on exotic animals that are kept as pets or attractions" has me greatly worried.
It seems to dovetail into my post about the County Attorney wanting to get with his counterparts.
Perhaps we can be optimistic, yet vigilant.

Old 10-17-2003, 09:11 AM   #24
brucestephenson
Here is another interesting story that helps explain the anti-reptile ferver in Tampa:
http://www.abcactionnews.com/stories...nakebite.shtml

Old 10-19-2003, 09:21 PM   #25
scottytohotty
Re: ALERT!! Hillsborough County, Florida

Quote:
Originally posted by WebSlave
Posted by Bruce Stephenson:
all these lies going on about my friend russ anderson being on prescription drugs when being bittin by his black mamba are exactly that lies!!!!! because bruse stevensons friend richard sullivan is feeding him lies ,and to write this stuff on the internet without getting the facts straight is irresponsable .

Old 10-19-2003, 10:21 PM   #26
scottytohotty
lies

this is russell anderson , i am outraged that someone would say that i was on drugs . and for the same person to sugest that a well estblished and reratble tv station would ask someone to take drugs so they could do a program on snake bite is outrages and if bruce really had his facts straight i have not done national geografic yet. another thing the only i agreed to do the show in the first place was that they in now bash privit people from keeping exotic animals. that is in writing . and my atterny has copys . i had an acadent and that is all it was. i have more experance then most on mambas 15 years worth . so please befor you print lies like bruce did about the t.v. programs to drugs and the number of bites i took , cheak your facts dont go by the hearsay , you no me , my kids and wife are never in danger and i would allow the snake to kill me befor anyone else. i fallow the law to the letter . maybe you were to bussey tacking care of your pet turtels to notice all the fish and game personal were on my side . becuse i dont break laws like alot of other people do . i keep class 1 crocs and venomouse reptiles . one day i will have my own lab . and i say aging i will take a drug test for anyone at anytime . also i dont bash people on the computer or in person so just stay out of my and my familys lives . and dont print things that you hear on the street

thank you bruce , and thank everone that has stuck up for me when people who only now sperthighs try to make me look bad . when in fact this person must not now any better so stop the lies leave us alone "i will never stop keeping my crocs or venomous snakes"

thank you to all those who have suported me and my wife and kids . god bless you all and stand your ground alone we are powerless together thay cant stop us . so stop the name calling and start educating like i do with my fids . my 8 year old girl can tell you common and latin names for most rattlers power threw education.

sorry about my spelling
any questions dont be afraid to ask .
peace to all
russ anderson and familly

Old 10-20-2003, 09:01 PM   #27
brucestephenson
Russ Anderson, I finished re-interviewing our mutual friend Richard tonight 10/20/03 at 07:00pm. I have known Richard for around 20 years and he is one of the few people I am quite sure has never lied to me. I am absolutely certain that what I wrote was exactly what Richard told me.
After Richard spoke to you last night, Richard now wishes for me, in the interest of fairness, to retract the portion on the BOI about when he stated to me that you had taken a powerful prescription drug for the documentaries to duplicate the medication you were on at the time of the bite.
Richard now states to me (quote): "I gave you the wrong information about Russ Anderson taking any medication for the reenactment."

Old 10-25-2003, 02:09 AM   #28
brucestephenson
Some Results from the Hillsborough County Commission Meeting to Ban Reptiles + Exotic

I finally am getting some information in: Quote:

http://docs.hillsboroughcounty.org/r...0001/404/Recap 10-15 BOCC Regular Meeting.pdf

scroll down to page 6, STAFF REPORTS. apparently some guy named Bill Armstrong and members of the FWC are to prepare a report and present this report in January. I live in North FL and this is stupid. if hillsborough county passes this law, then it may well affect all of FL. There is a reptile expo scheduled for the Tampa area on Nov. 1st and 2nd, I cant go, but hopefully there will be a huge turnout and maybe a petition should be passed around fighting this proposed law

Old 10-25-2003, 09:42 AM   #29
brucestephenson
Here is the complete URL for the minutes of the Hillsborough County Commission Meeting to Ban Reptiles and Exotic Pets: It should work now, scroll to the bottom of page 6 please:

http://docs.hillsboroughcounty.org/r...%20Meeting.pdf

Old 10-25-2003, 11:43 PM   #30
brucestephenson
Here is another interesting article that helps to explain why Tampa wants to ban reptiles and exotics:

http://tampatrib.com/FloridaMetro/MGAC1SOUVKD.html

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!