**Former OH Governor Strickland Orders Ban** - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Laws, Legislative Issues & Alerts > General Legislative Discussions

Notices

General Legislative Discussions Any general discussion concerning legislative issues or events. Not necessarily specific to a particular region, or even a type of animal group.

Old 01-07-2011, 03:57 PM   #11
Gloryhound
Just had a little food for thought here, but if the HSUS pressured the Governor into passing this executive order by threatening the beef industry with a ballot measure, maybe we need to take that ballot measure and move forward with it as reptile nation incase the new Governor does not do away with this executive order right away. The beef industry can either back elimination of this executive order and have us go to the polls with them when the HSUS gets the ballot measure on, or they can go to the polls without us as we are the ones putting the ballot on.

Yea, I hate this idea as well since I love my steak just as well as any meatatarian. Sometimes though politicians are always ready to condemn one for another.

Old 01-07-2011, 04:34 PM   #12
star2nv
has anyone seen a complete list of animals? what monitors are on it?

Old 01-07-2011, 05:27 PM   #13
Iguana-Love_Rescue
Wow, Sucks for everyone. Really hate new laws and more so the ones that can be added to at anytime. I imagine they will have to be very specific as to what animals they place on the list. Including scientific names, or else someone could fight it in court. There will be loop holes, there always is.

The HSUS & Peta are getting closer to their main goal , total animal liberation.
reptile owners and the beef industry, meet industry , Even dog breeders do need to get together and fight these people & keep them out of our state.

Old 01-07-2011, 09:24 PM   #14
Cp3_Pythons
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gloryhound View Post
Just had a little food for thought here, but if the HSUS pressured the Governor into passing this executive order by threatening the beef industry with a ballot measure, maybe we need to take that ballot measure and move forward with it as reptile nation incase the new Governor does not do away with this executive order right away. The beef industry can either back elimination of this executive order and have us go to the polls with them when the HSUS gets the ballot measure on, or they can go to the polls without us as we are the ones putting the ballot on.

Yea, I hate this idea as well since I love my steak just as well as any meatatarian. Sometimes though politicians are always ready to condemn one for another.

We scratch your back you scratch are's I belive something like this may work. And more than likely take politicans by suprise and semi railroad them into having to lift he ban I like your thinking

Old 01-07-2011, 11:20 PM   #15
drug27
Let me guess,our states already grim resources are going to fund the War on TERROR... "animals". more money thrown around in such a counterproductive way for ohio. More former warehouses from a 1x thriving industrial area and schools turned into apartment buildings?Animals are the new "WMD'S" everyone lookout!

Old 01-08-2011, 05:58 AM   #16
crotalusadamanteus
It's the HSUS that needs stopping. Getting rid of them will stop a whole lot of these so called bans, regulations, etc. They are the financial driving force behind most of the attempts at making our pets illegal. The politicians just go along because of the financial kick back their goals would receive.

Old 01-08-2011, 11:45 AM   #17
kevin c.
exotic pet ban

I know personally that stupid and irresponsible owners add fuel to the exotic pet ban. but make NO mistake about it, i doesn't matter, the animal rights crowd is hell bent to ban ALL animals as pets! exotics are first, then it will get down to domestic animals. people need to wake up and realize who you're dealing with. these people are powerful they affect public opinion in all aspects of life eg. media,public schools,government and even the court system. an example comes from Louisiana, a man upset over the outcome of a football game, clubbed to death a mans 3 month old calf. he got FIVE YEARS in prison for this offense! granted what he did was wrong,but five years! a college student drunk, ran over and killed an exchange student from India, went home and parked his car and went to bed before police finally caught up with him. after serving less than two years, he was released and is now as free as a bird!( i must mention that his father does serve as a state representative) also, i think we must not forget, the animal rights movement IS a religion, do the research, nothing but anti-pet and anti-meat people,who if they had their own way would even ban ALL use of animals, including farm animals. do the research, fight these groups(hsus,Peta,ASPCA) and expose them for who they really are! we can love and protect animals and treat them with dignity, but we don't worship them are consider them equal to the most precious of life,human life.

Old 01-08-2011, 02:13 PM   #18
star2nv
ODNR anwsers yo no one. if this law stays and you register your reptiles then they know who you are ,where you live ,what you got.they can come in to your house with no warrent see what you got and how you house your animals.it opens up a lot.like if you got anything new,eggs,if they dont like your houseing condictions,all could bring up a lot of problems.i delt with ODNR back when the othere laws was passed ,they think they are god and like i said answer to nowone. everyone out of state this effects you to ,you can no longer sell to ohions.everyone needs to contacts john kasichs office to let him know how you feel about this and to repeal it.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!