Bad Guy BEWARE OF RANDY MCDOWELL.. AKA THE SNAK SHOP. LAS VEGAS NAVADA - Page 12 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-18-2012, 03:06 AM   #111
RavenSpirit_360
I am sorry that you are having such an issue with the snakes you purchased, I hope it gets resolved. All I can say is I have purchased quite a few animals from the snake shop over the past 8 years and have never had a problem ever. I also have brought in numerous babies from my own breeding to them as I trusted them and knew they would be taken care of. Whenever I go in there the place is very clean and all of the reptiles are very well cared for. I would not say that these instances with these two snakes are commonplace as to what the snake shop usually sells. Randy is generally a good man and has helped me out on numerous occasions when I was down on my luck so I hope this all gets worked out.

Old 05-18-2012, 03:42 AM   #112
Jrodmanley
thank you for your concern. im glad to hear of someone who has had a good run in with the snake shop. Really. If I had boughten from them before and all was good, i might not have come to this, however these were the first two snakes(costal male was shipped with biak) that i have ever bought from them, and they both died! After a few weeks of empty promises,and being ignored and blocked for wanting what is with out a doubt morally right here,this was my last resort. (going public with the matter)

Old 05-18-2012, 08:08 AM   #113
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrodmanley View Post
josh bigham is 16 and was not free help. he was employed
Proof?

Old 05-18-2012, 12:06 PM   #114
plankalkul
Plain and simple, they're flippers.

And they're only as good as how they handle something when things go wrong.
I'm not a fan of the Meat Market reptile industry to begin with, but when you sell a snake like that Biak, you're either completely ignorant or a sheister. Its one of the two in every case.

How they are handling it post-sale is deplorable, and I would never consider giving them my money if they themselves can't stand behind their practices.

There are a LOT of reputable, private breeders that can get you quality, well started chondros, and in the same price range. And will stand behind the investment they put into raising the animal... not sell you a sick snake then ignore you.

Old 05-18-2012, 12:08 PM   #115
Homegrown Scales
Sad this is just a bad situation. I hope they man up and do what's right.
The black was obviously very ill, and while the green had the mouth rot if it was vet checked that would have been something a real vet Would have seen. I know for a fact when my vet checks rescues of mine he opens their mouths almost the first or second procedure they do.
I just honestly hope they do what's right. Obviously there were issues with both of those animals. They shouldn't have been sold.
Good luck
Morgan Weiss

Old 05-18-2012, 02:20 PM   #116
Jrodmanley
I have just been contacted by sue lewis via phone and via massaging!
I will update as things are taken care of. This is what we have agreed on.
Attached Images

Old 05-18-2012, 02:35 PM   #117
Ningo
Glad they worked things out with you. Looks like the kid got fired anyway. You shouldn't have posted a private message from him tho.. That sucks.

Old 05-18-2012, 02:48 PM   #118
Lucille
Jarrit
I am glad things are being worked out. However, I hope you are taking any seller's explanations with at least one grain of salt.
As you yourself pointed out, the snakes had health problems. There are many vendors who ship out healthy snakes in the first place.

Old 05-18-2012, 03:28 PM   #119
David Reid
The only two stores I would buy animals from are Ben Seigel and The Reptile Shop (Kyle Frost's store in Temecula, CA). I would consider buying from LLL too.

I think way too many shops buy their reptiles and then feel the need to sell them no matter what condition they are in, just to make their money back. I can believe this store used to be in a Flea Market, selling mites and animals in poor condition....it makes sense.

Old 05-19-2012, 12:11 AM   #120
RavenSpirit_360
It was not a flea market??? It was in an indoor swap meet which is nothing like the swap meets that you are obviously thinking about.... And Annalisa who started the snake shop put so much care and love into the reptiles she sold. She also rescued many reptiles and brought them back to health. Her and Randy ran the shop by themselves with no help back then until Annalisa got sick from cancer and it eventually took her away from this world... Randy, her husband, tries his best to uphold things in a way that she would approve of. It isn't always easy on him and things do happen. I have seen how upset he gets when things aren't being done around there like she would have wanted. He loves her, the shop, and the animals that come through there. He is very passionate and caring, he is a good person underneath it all... It kills me to see such a good place drug under the bus like this when it is nothing like its being accused of being... I do agree that the situation was not handled in the best of ways... But not everything being said here is accurate to what the shop really is. I am glad things are being worked out for you and I hope everyone recovers from this all...

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!