Got myself a retic. What was i thinking LOL (pics) - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 04-20-2007, 12:40 AM   #1
Kaa needs a wife
Got myself a retic. What was i thinking LOL (pics)

I had been thinking quite awhile on whether I was going to take this girl into my home due to her LARGE adult size. Well I eventually broke down when I saw her in person she was a gorgeous animal. her previous owners had kept her in a cage too small for her already rapid growth rate and caused her to get a good rub on her rostral scale.So I went and picked her up. She is only maybe 7' now but I know what is coming. Ohhhhhh do I. Anyway here are a few pics of her I took the day before i picked her up.

Old 04-20-2007, 12:58 AM   #2
iasc300
Thanks for taking her in Jason She is absoulutly gorgeous- fix her up and pamper her- she deserves it

Old 04-20-2007, 03:37 AM   #3
Kaa needs a wife
Yeah she is actually a very sweet girl. I do adore her ohhh so much. She will be healed and outgrowing her new 6' cage soon i am sure.

Old 04-20-2007, 09:09 AM   #4
fuscusking13
In response to the "what were you thinking", I think you were thinking how great it would be to own one of the most incredible animals on the planet!!! There are very few snakes that even rival the awesome personality of a retic. They are one of my favorite snakes, and I only regret that I dont have the space to own 100 of them. Good luck and keep us updated!!!!! Take care, Dan M.

Old 04-20-2007, 10:42 AM   #5
Miss Tuniwha
Oh Jason!!! She does look very nice! And kudos for giving her a better life! When it comes to these big guys, it gets really difficult to find GOOD homes for them!! Unfortunately I am only allowed as big as a boa *cries* lol

Again, Congrats on your new family member ^_^

Old 04-20-2007, 05:09 PM   #6
Kaa needs a wife
Thank you all. Yes she is beautiful. And she does have an Awesome disposition. We named her last night. She is now "Athena" After the greek goddess of knowledge, wisdom, war and a few other things that don't apply to the retic LOL. I wanted to name her something denoting the powerful intelligence that she definetly shows in her eyes.

Old 04-20-2007, 08:41 PM   #7
Miss Tuniwha
Sounds like a good name. I also went the mythological rout with my snakes (and most other animals I own) But since my little sisters name is Athena.. that one is a no go for me. LOL

I did however name my largest snake (only about 8 foot, boa) Phobos. After the god of fear and Phobias.

:P

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!