Sopo from Cameroon??? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-12-2005, 08:24 PM   #1
cyberfrog
Sopo from Cameroon???

This guy responded to a want ad in this site's Arboreal Classifieds!
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ad.php?t=62896
I can't see this being anything but a scam.

Old 02-12-2005, 08:34 PM   #2
liquidleaf
Heh heh heh.... is this another Kimbi?

Do a search on "africa scam" and see what fun threads you get about these scammers... fun to read, hopefully no one falls for these guys!

Old 02-12-2005, 09:04 PM   #3
gmherps
There are plenty of people in the USA to get these pythons from. Sounds funny to me.

Old 02-12-2005, 10:15 PM   #4
The BoidSmith
Let me me know if he offers a 6 foot virgin piebald female. I might consider going for her instead of buying from Peter Kahl.

Regards.

Old 02-13-2005, 12:45 AM   #5
DThomas
If someone emails him and gets the typical nigerian scam response, please post it here so he can be banned.

Old 02-13-2005, 12:11 PM   #6
pch101
I e-mailed him, and asked for details, he got back to me with this:

"HI James
thanks for your reply,the prices it $700 but will
love to know what you an offer.
regards
sopo"

"To Which I responded with: I am not sure what I could offer at this point. I would need to know its sex, age, and if it has ever bred. I would also need to see a pic. Can you provide me with these things? If so, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks,

James"

I feel kinda bad leding him on if he actually has this, but something tells me he does not. I guess I consider this a necessary evil. I hope I am wrong.

Old 02-13-2005, 05:31 PM   #7
pch101
Well Sopo got back to me again, and there is a slight problem with this Centrillian Carpet Python he has for sale. It seems that it is actually a $700.00, 18 month old male Burmese Python. Here is his reply to my second inquiry, and a link to the pic that he sent me. I can forward the actual e-mail to you Dan if you are interested.

HI Sir
it is a male python,it is 18 months old but has bred
once,i have attached a pic of it.
regards
sopo

http://bluetongueskinks.net/forum/al...hp?pic_id=1389

Anyone recognise this pic, I doubt if he even owns this snake.
I tried to get an IP address, off his e-mail, but I cant seem to find it.

Old 02-13-2005, 06:17 PM   #8
Tripple H Herps
Wow, thats one cool looking carpet python! Where can I purchase mine? Must be a new morph.....lol Okay at this point, I would ask if he gave you the wrong url, dont tell him why but tell him to check the pic of it and figure out why its wrong. This is starting to look ugly, I must admit - now ask him if he has any leucistic burmese pythons for sale and how much his pricing is.
Jim

Old 02-13-2005, 08:28 PM   #9
pch101
Actually, he attached the actual pic to his response. I just do not know how to post pics here, so I posted it on my the photo gallary ot Bluetongueskinks.net, then I got the url and posted it here. Here is what I sent back to him.

Wow, nice snake, where are you located? What forms of payment do you
accept? He is a big python for only 18 months of age. What are you feeding
him? And how long ago did he breed? Any more pics of him? I want to show
him off to my friends!

James

I am starting to feel less guilty about messing with him at this point...

Old 02-13-2005, 08:30 PM   #10
pch101
Hey tripple hets have you looked at your name closely lately? How about mine? I just noticed that you have the same name as me. That is pretty funny (I think...)

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!