Where y'all from? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > The Welcome Room & New Member Intros

Notices

The Welcome Room & New Member Intros How about a place for new members to come on in, make an introduction, and meet the regulars? Talk about yourself or anything else that comes to mind, just to break the ice. Or just pull up a chair and make yourself at home for a spell.

Old 01-17-2005, 01:35 PM   #1
Lucille
Where y'all from?

I'm from Texas; born there, then raised in Manhattan when my Dad went there so he could do cancer reasearch, but have been back for over 30 years now.
I have travelled a few places, Connecticut where my Grandpa and Grandma lived when they are alive; it is beautiful there, have seen some of the states and been to Canada and Mexico; but I like Texas and I like Texans so will probably stay here for good.

Where have y'all been, and where do you live now? Are you happy there?

Old 01-17-2005, 06:15 PM   #2
DAND
From East to West and stuck in the middle

I was born in PA, moved once within PA, moved to NY (not the city), then to Michigan, then to California (parents moved out there to retire and shortly after that my dad's health went south so I went out there to help out), back to Michigan and now I reside in Ohio. I don't know if this is where I'll stay but I've been hanging my hat here for almost 8 years now. Got kind of spoiled here with just having elderly neighbors, nice and quiet. That's been changing lately. My next place will have to be bigger (more property-further from neighbors and the road) so I won't have to hear the noise. Getting older I guess. I suppose I'll have to start figuring out what I'm going to be when I grow up.

Old 01-17-2005, 06:25 PM   #3
Sasheena
Let's see...

I was born in Seattle, but my parents moved to California when I was three, so my memories of seattle are very sparse. In fact, I can only remember peeing in my pants as my one and only memory of seattle.

Grew up in California, the Bay Area. Lived there until I was 23. I went to junior college after dropping out of high school. Studied there forEVER.

Spent a year and a half serving a mission for my church in El Paso Texas.

AFter my mission I went to Brigham Young University in Utah to get a degree in Statistics. Applied for grad school, but was turned down... went home to California for a year to sulk. Worked as a shipping clerk during that time. (company made kits to test for STD's in cows and people).

AFter I was done sulking, I moved BACK to utah where I taught at Utah Valley State College. Had fun for a year doing that before I realized that $800/month just wouldn't sustain me.

Moved to Georgia, without any job planned, immediately got a job teaching at a boarding school. Met hubby. Married him.

After we got married, we looked around and found jobs teaching at a public high school in Arizona. Moved out here, with plans to become certified. After two years we bought our current house. We've been in this house now for a year and a half. We currently don't have any plans on moving at least in the next four years. This summer we will have our four-year anniversary.

June of this year, one of his daughters chose to come live with us permanently, so we are a family now.

Old 01-17-2005, 08:32 PM   #4
ms_terese
Born and raised in St. Louis, Missouri, and am still a South St. Louis Girl at heart. 12 years of parochial school then on to college at U of MO. Married my high school beau way too early, and then began the moving (he was military). I'll try to keep this in order: Texas, Mississippi, Boston, Washington DC, and finally landed in Denver in 1986. Divorced the husband. Stayed in Denver until 2001, then moved home to Missouri. Decided I'd had enough of the city living, and chose the SW corner of the state, in the Ozarks. Close enough to visit my family for weekends, far enough from everything else that we can go weeks without seeing any neighbors if we try hard enough!

Old 04-12-2008, 03:49 PM   #5
Turtle_Mamma
Red face Hey new here

Hey I'm, new here I live in Georgia now have for the last 7 years now.
I'm originally from Omaha Nebraska. I love living here but the problem I have is finding reputable breeders who sell healthy babies. The Wed before last I bought and received 2 Baby Western painted Turts, only to find out on the following Friday, the babies i received were not Western painted but Southern Painteds. WE called the dealer and they told us we could trade them up o keep em, I decided to keep em i learned they would be smaller than my RES and the grow slower would be less of impact on my finances.
Well on Saturday last week we called dealer because the babies still were not eating and only basking,
Well they told this was normal they would be fine to use some of the supplement we had bought from them. Well we tried and they would open their mouths, and then we were told to put a drop on their noses they would have to open their mouths eventually well this did not help either finally as a last ditch effore on Wed last week we ran to the store and bought some pedialight for them to soak in,
My First baby died before I got home.
The second died that evening
Well that is my story that has brought me to your forum. I am to be receiving two more babies for free, I'm not sure which they are sending either Western or Southern painteds
I do not plan to go through that site again but i am seriously worried these babies are gonna be sick too. Do you know of any reputable sites they have out there.

Old 04-12-2008, 07:59 PM   #6
Laura Fopiano
Wow great find Amanda and welcome to fauna!

I had no idea this thread was here!

I was born on Whittier California grew up in La Habra Ca. where I went to school. Went to college in Cypress and Huntington Beach.

I've never lived any further than 20 square miles from where I was born until now.

After my divorce I lived in Garden Grove with one of my identical twins Amanda (she was always a momma's girl) and a roomate. We lived there for over a year together.

Dating in my 40's ugh talk about tough! Lemme see, I'm in my late 40's, been clean and sober for almost 20 years, and I keep reptiles, not just a few but a lot, oh and by the way there are large constrictors! Kinda makes the dating pool real small.

There are the best people in fauna chat and they are my closest friends. We show animal pix to each other share personal stories about our families, loves, and loss's. Those people in fauna chat are real folks, not internet persona's. They have walked me through some of the toughest and funniest moments in my life. There are some of the best people in this industry that meet every night to just shoot the poop with each other and that's where I met my love Bryon.

It was a comedy of errors our getting together. Our first date was a 3 day week end at my house for for a concert. Now get your minds out of the gutter, neither one of us where really looking for anything, just 2 friends getting together and hanging out with other fauna chat regulars.

When I dropped him off at the airport I new I was in trouble because I began to cry. OMG have I bumped my head! He lives on the east coast!! I few out here to Georgia to see what he was really about. I stayed here for 6 days and when I was home for 3 days he asked me to come to Georgia and spend the rest of my life with him!!

So here I am, a southern California city girl living and working in small town, rural, country Hamilton, Georgia. I love it here, the thunder storms, the people, and the way of life.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!