Bad Guy MATT OAKLEY - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-07-2009, 11:23 PM   #21
critical bill
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kdime View Post
Hey Bill, this box had to be opened up at the bottom.

I had to slit the tape around the bottom and then the whole top lifted off, kind of like a shoe box if that makes sense.
I'm very sorry if your pictures sort of showed me a different scenario. It just appeared to me that the top was sliced off.

Old 09-07-2009, 11:24 PM   #22
2kdime
I understand completely!

I see how it looked that way.

Old 09-07-2009, 11:43 PM   #23
critical bill
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoastReptiles171 View Post
The snake was not shipped as the pic depicts it and there's the proof that everything said isn't true...
So you're saying this guy staged this whole thing? He went to a produce store to find a banana box and then he hurried home to re-tape it with silver duct tape and then he re-affixed the shipping label?

But the thing that screwed him was the date of picture?

All that?

Really?

Matt, please be honest. I think you shipped the snake in the banana box. You did, didn't you? Just be honest and call it a horrible mistake - a rush job that would never in a million years happen again.

And then we'll work on your other problems.

Old 09-07-2009, 11:51 PM   #24
Shadera
Quote:
Originally Posted by critical bill View Post
So you're saying this guy staged this whole thing? He went to a produce store to find a banana box and then he hurried home to re-tape it with silver duct tape and then he re-affixed the shipping label?

But the thing that screwed him was the date of picture?

All that?

Really?

Matt, please be honest. I think you shipped the snake in the banana box. You did, didn't you? Just be honest and call it a horrible mistake - a rush job that would never in a million years happen again.

And then we'll work on your other problems.
Banana boxes are apparently his shipping container of choice.
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=125819
What an asset to our hobby!

Still trying to sell that one eyed albino boa?

Old 09-07-2009, 11:59 PM   #25
Haydenphoto
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagickalMorphs View Post
Banana boxes are apparently his shipping container of choice.
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=125819
What an asset to our hobby!

Still trying to sell that one eyed albino boa?
Well Matt like i said on the other forum you just keep digging a deeper hole ! The best thing you could do now would be pay him back and move on ! The more you fight the worse your rep gets pay him bow your head and work on making things better in the future !

Old 09-08-2009, 12:35 AM   #26
LauraB
Ah! The old banana box bust. A very unapeeling packing job, for sure!

Someone should be ashamed.

Good eye, Shadera!

Old 09-08-2009, 01:00 AM   #27
ForkedTung
Not only did you use duct tape on the outside, but on the insideas well??? On the inside??? really??? Nothing quite like having to tear scales off a snake because some dummy exposed it to duct tape. real class act there!

Old 09-08-2009, 02:34 AM   #28
critical bill
I received a PM from Matt Oakley just a few moments ago. I did not ask him to answer my questions that I posted here via the PM system. Normally I do respect a persons privacy, and most anyone will tell you I do, except when it comes unsolicited and down to some serious crap like this.

This is the PM from Matt that I received...
---------------------------------------------------
"blood
I did ship in that box yes. I did ONLY because of the extreme temps outside as I didn't want the animal to overheat. I understand that I was wrong and will correct it in future shipments but trevor did lie in saying that he just opened the box and took the pic. I shipped the snake in a blue bag. Where is it?? He didn't just open the box and take the pic, he just didn't want to admit that because it would look like he lied about something which he doesn't want. He posted this snake on ball-pythons.net a MONTH after he got it and EVERYONE told him how nice it was, now he's claiming that is that "half alive" and needs to be euthanized. That makes no since at all. Look at the link yourself:

http://www.ball-pythons.net/forums/s...ad.php?t=96664

Does that look like a sick animal to you?? Would you yourself keep an animal the was covered with mited when you got it? Would you then feed it, plan on breeding it, and post it on the net to show everyone how nice it was?? People are always very way more eager to attack someone and protect the "victim" than to keep a level head and actually listen to both sides of the story before passing judgment.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Draw your own conclusion folks.

There is no denying Matt shipped the snake completely improperly, and there is hardly any denying (from the link that Matt provided) that Trevor seemed quite satisfied at the time with what he received.

I think both Matt and Trevor have a lot of learning to do in a variety of manners when it comes to dealing with animals.

Old 09-08-2009, 05:49 AM   #29
DAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoastReptiles171 View Post
Would you refund someones money if they threatened you every other email that they’ed post a bad guy thread on the BOI about you if you didn’t comply in an attempt to force you to do so?
And have you posted these e-mails for our reading pleasure?

That goes for both parties, where are those e-mails?

Old 09-08-2009, 07:06 AM   #30
ForkedTung
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForkedTung View Post
Not only did you use duct tape on the outside, but on the insideas well??? On the inside??? really??? Nothing quite like having to tear scales off a snake because some dummy exposed it to duct tape. real class act there!
I just found this on the BP.net thread from another poster there:
Quote:
Re: BAD GUY-Matt Oakley
I saw one of his cages on his myspace page with duct-tape lining the inside.. That's enough to turn me away let alone his method of keeping and shipping of animals.
Also, a LOT of his cages had condensation on the sides and were noticeably wet or dirty. Just a side note.
Link:http://www.ball-pythons.net/forums/s...=female&page=9

Matt, THROW AWAY the duct tape rolls and the banana boxes, at least for the sake of the snakes ( might care to drop the whole 'live animal' business while you're at it too...maybe sell 'Pet Rocks' or lemonade or something...)

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!