Suprise! - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 06-26-2013, 12:22 PM   #41
mxracer4life
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metachrosis View Post
Perfect Nature at work,it deals with its own
Glad you did the right thing,be very easy with the others as there is obviously something wrong with the litter.
I would feed any of them for 2-3 weeks,just let them alone
If its fixable,theyll fix it on their on abilities and terms

Just be patient!!
The other 3 are perfectly healthy, fat and happy. Question though, I had been feeding this female on her normal 4-6 week schedule and wasn't even aware of her being pregnant. Would the feeding 4-5 weeks before giving birth cause the crooked spines?

Old 06-26-2013, 12:54 PM   #42
Metachrosis
Trying to "guess" where/what the deficiency is/was etc that caused what it caused
would take PAGES and die of shear inconclusive boredom.
As for feeding being a "cause" ? Ive never heard of such,but Im sure someone with abstract reasoning could bring something to the table regarding possible skeletal deformities related to such . . . . . .

My primary reason for not playing in the BCI morph mine field,there is no guarantee to the extent of genetic damage caused by unnatural human intrusions.

Old 06-26-2013, 03:30 PM   #43
Snakesitter
Sorry to hear that, but at least he got a shot under your guidance.

What changed your mind, if I might ask?

Old 06-26-2013, 03:33 PM   #44
mxracer4life
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakesitter View Post
Sorry to hear that, but at least he got a shot under your guidance.

What changed your mind, if I might ask?
After the feeding he started to appear weak, felt very limp when held.

Old 06-26-2013, 08:57 PM   #45
Metachrosis
Youll be ready the next time at first sight,hopefully . . . .

Old 06-26-2013, 10:11 PM   #46
mxracer4life
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metachrosis View Post
Youll be ready the next time at first sight,hopefully . . . .

Yeah, yeah, yeah... I know.

Old 06-27-2013, 12:15 AM   #47
Snake-Queen
Quote:
Originally Posted by mxracer4life View Post
The other 3 are perfectly healthy, fat and happy. Question though, I had been feeding this female on her normal 4-6 week schedule and wasn't even aware of her being pregnant. Would the feeding 4-5 weeks before giving birth cause the crooked spines?
My females eat while gravid, albeit smaller meals.

I did receive a gravid female in a buy out & the previous owner told me she was eating 2 large rats every 2 weeks. I was thinking if she was eating that much there was no way she was gravid, a vet visit dispelled that. She gave birth a month later to 22 healthy babies & no slugs.

So, IMO feeding wouldn't cause the kink & with all but 3 perishing, my guess would be a genetic flaw. Maybe a result of breeding super hypo to super hypo?

I do hope for your remaining ones to thrive & offer my condolences for your losses.

Old 06-27-2013, 08:43 AM   #48
mxracer4life
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake-Queen View Post
My females eat while gravid, albeit smaller meals.

I did receive a gravid female in a buy out & the previous owner told me she was eating 2 large rats every 2 weeks. I was thinking if she was eating that much there was no way she was gravid, a vet visit dispelled that. She gave birth a month later to 22 healthy babies & no slugs.

So, IMO feeding wouldn't cause the kink & with all but 3 perishing, my guess would be a genetic flaw. Maybe a result of breeding super hypo to super hypo?

I do hope for your remaining ones to thrive & offer my condolences for your losses.
I had always thought this way as well, but I never had fed a gravid female so late in her pregnancy. It also was her first time and the size of the babies was smaller than I am used to seeing. I am going to point the finger at it being her first time and they came a little early. We shall see.

Old 06-28-2013, 03:21 PM   #49
Snakesitter
Ah...probably something wrong internally then. Good call, as tough as it was.

Old 06-29-2013, 02:51 AM   #50
Snake-Queen
Quote:
Originally Posted by mxracer4life View Post
I had always thought this way as well, but I never had fed a gravid female so late in her pregnancy. It also was her first time and the size of the babies was smaller than I am used to seeing. I am going to point the finger at it being her first time and they came a little early. We shall see.
My one girl ate a small rat about a week before she gave birth.

First litter & maybe being born a little early I could see.
I do hope the remaining 3 thrive for you.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!