a little help plese.................. - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 02-19-2006, 03:57 PM   #1
Time2Die4
a little help plese..................

well.......for the people who read my posts about my bp's resp. infection.......he is all good now and hes doing just fine(and growing really fast!). but lately i have Been having problems with keeping the humidity up and the temp. up. i tried to put plastic wrap over the open area but then i can't put my wet towel on to keep the humidity up. i tried to put the towel down and then put plastic wrap over it but then the temp just stayed the same. should i get a more powerful light bulb? sometimes when i go to bed i see that the temp. is at about 70degres! and when i come home from school it about 85.

can you guys tell me what else i can do or help me fix the ways i have Been doing it lately?

and is it ok that my bp wont eat frozen or stuned mice? (im kindov scared that a mouse will bit, but none have even got their head in a position where they could bite?

Old 02-19-2006, 04:17 PM   #2
ms_terese
I'm not familiar with how your tank is set up, so I'm sorry if some of my questions sound silly to you, but here goes:

1. Where are you taking that tank temp? On the floor of the tank, under the hide, or on the side?

2. If you're only using the light bulb for heat, you'll have better results with an under tank source of heat, like heat tape.

3. What are you using for substrate? If you're having a hard time keeping the humidity as high as you want it, you may want to investigate something like cypress mulch that holds humidity really well.

As for feeding live, that's a loaded subject and a decision you'll need to make for yourself and your animal. Have you tried leaving f/t prey in with the animal overnight? Sometimes that works.

Good luck with your bp, and I'm glad to hear the respiratory infection is gone.

Old 02-25-2006, 11:43 AM   #3
Time2Die4
the tank

my tank is not very big(i forgot the size) but i am getting a bigger one soon.
heres the tank

heat lamp on right side
heat pad under right side
water bowl in the middle(well....a little to the right of the middle)
plastic bowl with door opening over heat pad.(to the right of the water bowl)
repti bark in the whole cage
wooden apple peeler stand thing(i took the apple peeler off!!)(never used) used as the house for the not heat side.(its almost better than the houses from the store!!)
thermomiter on the heat side on the right wall and a thermomiter in the middle.
hygrometer(what ever its called) to the right of the thermomiter so its more near the heat side.(usually says around 60% or 50% or on a really bad day that i haven't been home for a while around45% but that usually never happens.
heat lamp.......i think i need a bigger Watt light bulb over the heat side
plastic wrap over the rest of the cover.with a wet towel in it.
the cage is about 12 inches off the ground and nowhere near a vent

PS i am also getting some fake leave things for help sheding................

PS#2 i spray the cage with water every day

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!