Info Ashley Caspillo-SakaraGT4/Sakara *Possible Buyer Beware!* - Page 129 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-30-2011, 09:13 PM   #1281
LD50_Junkie
Quote:
From what I understand, there has been no legal action taken against Ashley by anyone thus far. The only thing we have to go off of is hearsay... I am saying that there has been no legal case made against her. That leads me to believe that posting her face around a show saying not to sell to her could be considered defamation of character.

Here is a quote from a website.

...From the evidence posted here I think she most likely does have IBD in her collection. I also think that anyone who used this info in court might have a chance in getting something accomplished. Such as causing her to have her animals taken away or something along those lines.
I hate to be "that guy", but you have contradicted yourself.

You stated that since there'a no legal proceedings against her that any attempts at barring her from expos could be considered "slander". And yet you go ahead a few sentences down and state that the evidence is damning that she was irrepressible and has IBD in her collection.

If the evidence is there it cannot be "slander" by definition. The very definition you invoked, actually.

Old 01-30-2011, 09:39 PM   #1282
amercnwmn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Screamingdragon View Post

From what I understand, there has been no legal action taken against Ashley by anyone thus far. The only thing we have to go off of is hearsay. I am not saying that she doesn't have IBD in her collection. I am saying that there has been no legal case made against her. That leads me to believe that posting her face around a show saying not to sell to her could be considered defamation of character.
What legal action would you suggest would be effective, at this point?

Right now there's no SOLID proof her snakes have IBD. Just a high likelihood.

There IS solid proof she sold snakes AFTER having a diagnosis INDICATING IBD.
There IS solid proof she sold mite infested snakes, lied and misrepresented her snakes.
However, until testing is done, and even then, it's going to be a difficult thing to prove.

Quote:
I just think there is a right way and a wrong way to go about situations like this one. Anyone who reads this thread probably won't want to have anything to do with Ashley.
I agree.
As far as blocking someone like Ashley from attending a show, I think her actions so far would be grounds enough to do so.

Do the promoters have a right to deny service to anyone?
If this were dogs we were referring to, and a known dog fighter showed up at a dog expo, I think he'd get denied service.

Unfortunately there are still those out there that think this is "just a thread picking on Ashley for no reason" and these people have snakes from Ashley, and still persist on placing themselves and their collections in a potentially risky situation. If THEY sell snakes that may also be affected..WOW.

Old 01-30-2011, 09:42 PM   #1283
Abish
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skiploder View Post
While we're all in the action mood......

...hands up - how many of you have given a donation to Dr. Jacobson's research?

Better yet - how many of the people who have had contact with the Caspillos animals or bought animals from her have had them tested?

It isn't as exciting as name-calling and trying to manipulate an entire state, but I think this is an excellent course of action to advocate in response to this situation.

Old 01-30-2011, 09:44 PM   #1284
Abish
Quote:

While we are all waiting for the boid nation to start taking amore active role in helping out with IBD research (don't hold your breath or you will turn pretty blue), the rest of us idiots and chicken littles can send donate here:

Dr. Elliott Jacobson
2015 SW16th Ave
SACS
College of Veterinary Medicine
University of Florida
Gainesville, Fl 32610

(add for IBD Research to the memo line) should be made out to "The University of Florida Research Foundation".
Just a reminder on how to go about it.

Old 01-30-2011, 10:02 PM   #1285
Pink Lady Exotics
Quote:
...hands up - how many of you have given a donation to Dr. Jacobson's research?
Almost $3,000.

Old 01-30-2011, 10:15 PM   #1286
LD50_Junkie
You guys do know that there are a number of individuals from a number of institutes from around the world working on IBD?

I find this new turn of this thread to be nothing but a red herring to detract from the issue at hand--Ashely.

Old 01-30-2011, 11:58 PM   #1287
sally-dog
To the person who thinks this is ALL hearsay... have you read the entire thread?
There is evidence of disease in the collection, of her posting diseased animals for sale, of her dodging around refunds for people who got diseased animals, piles and piles of evidence of her contradicting herself.

Those are the main points of this thread, and although it has gone wildly off-topic at times, those factors alone would stand up in court, more so than any "hearsay" she may try and defend herself with in rebuttal.

Old 01-31-2011, 12:09 AM   #1288
Screamingdragon
Quote:
Originally Posted by LD50_Junkie View Post
I hate to be "that guy", but you have contradicted yourself.

You stated that since there'a no legal proceedings against her that any attempts at barring her from expos could be considered "slander". And yet you go ahead a few sentences down and state that the evidence is damning that she was irrepressible and has IBD in her collection.

If the evidence is there it cannot be "slander" by definition. The very definition you invoked, actually.

Your right.
I am not the best at making a point but I was just trying to say that there may be legal issues. I am by no means an expert on the law. I was just trying to help in my own way I guess.

Hopefully everyone at least kind of understood what I was trying to say. If not, sorry. Didn't mean anything bad by it. really.

Old 01-31-2011, 12:20 AM   #1289
Screamingdragon
Quote:
Originally Posted by sally-dog View Post
To the person who thinks this is ALL hearsay... have you read the entire thread?
There is evidence of disease in the collection, of her posting diseased animals for sale, of her dodging around refunds for people who got diseased animals, piles and piles of evidence of her contradicting herself.

Those are the main points of this thread, and although it has gone wildly off-topic at times, those factors alone would stand up in court, more so than any "hearsay" she may try and defend herself with in rebuttal.
Seriously, there is no need to be upset with me.

If this is enough solid evidence to hold up in court then someone should do something about it. Is there a resolution to this? Would it be considered cruelty to animals to knowingly let them spread diseases like she did? If she has to get rid of all her snakes isn't it likely that she would just get more? This sucks but from what I have read it seems like we have not come up with a solution that would be permanently effective. Correct me if I am wrong, this thread is really long and it is possible that I may have missed something. Keeping her out of a show isn't going to stop her if she is really persistent and it seems like she has proven that she is by posting on other forums like nothing is wrong.

Like I said in my post before this. I am not the best at making a point or communicating my thoughts. I try though.

Old 01-31-2011, 08:53 AM   #1290
Drew Zaun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Screamingdragon View Post
If this is enough solid evidence to hold up in court then someone should do something about it.
The short answer is no. There is not enough evidence that IBD is present. There is a lot of circumstantial evidence, there is a necropsy suggesting for example, plus other deaths. But until you can confirm presence of the disease than legally she has done nothing wrong. As far as IBD anyway. Misrepresenting the breeding record of an animal might qualify for small claims, perhaps the mite issue as well.

I am sure people will not want to read that, but there it is. There are 2 people that I know of who purchased snakes, got mites as well, and are in supposed to be in the process of testing their animals. If IBD shows up there this gets serious. Otherwise all you have is that you think IBD is present. And thinking is not enough to prove guilt. It is not enough to ban a person from simply attending a show, not that you could be sure she wouldn't get in anyway. Even if her picture is billboard sized in the parking lot, you are still looking for a needle in a haystack...

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
ibd