Corey Sawyer Busted!!!! - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-18-2003, 08:28 PM   #31
Corey Sawyer
I have no regret in what i did to get his address. My lawyer said he would have to pay someone to find it, I didnt feel like doing that.

Old 04-19-2003, 01:03 AM   #32
thomas davis
that is truly pathetic,not man enough to come out and ask the man for his address NONONO have to be a "snake" no pun intended about it,,,and i must have missed something PLEASE TELL ME I MISSED SOMETHING ,,but now you justify your cowardly lowlife actions because you say this man tried to ripp you off? where?when?how?i totally missed that/??/?,,,please explain,,,, thomas davis

Old 04-19-2003, 11:12 AM   #33
Cheryl Marchek AKA JM
If the only way to get his address was to offer to purchase something....well then you should have offered to purchase something you can afford.

Can you afford $1750? Is your word worth $1750? You made the purchase offer.

Old 04-19-2003, 03:53 PM   #34
The BoidSmith
Please someone correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it necessary to serve court citations in person? Can they be sent through regular mail?

Regards.

Old 04-19-2003, 05:21 PM   #35
ms_terese
Quote:
Please someone correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it necessary to serve court citations in person?
Yes, you must serve them in person. Another reason why you'd need a physical address.

I don't think I'm going to harshly judge Corey for this one. First of all, he didn't lie about it. With reputations being what they were, I think that Corey could have safely gotten away with claiming that Justin fabricated that matching IP address. After all, why would you do an IP trace on a someone wanting to buy some snakes? Have any of you ever done that? It was done the day after the address was requested. What was Justin worried about? Maybe he was nervous because he knew that Corey was trying to get his address for service of legal papers? Heck, I don't know, I'm just speculating, but what made Justin so suspicious?

However, Corey didn't do that. He said, "Yep, I did it, and this is why."

Secondly, I don't think the snakes were ever taken off the market. Remember, Justin did this IP trace the day that he sent the address to Corey. I've had many people ask for a paypal address or address to send money to, but when following up a week later, been told that they didn't come up with the funds or had changed their mind. I don't get upset about that.

Many people won't take an animal off the market until they've received funds. I WILL take an animal off the market once I'm told "PayPal has been sent" or "I put the check in the mail", and when that turns out to be false, I DO get upset about that, but that's the way it goes.

Finally, it does cost money to get a lawyer to do your legwork for you, easily a couple of hundred bucks to find an address of someone who doesn't want it to be known.

I'm not sure what Corey's legal claim is against Justin, and I don't know who is right or wrong in the dealings they've had together. I don't think I would have done things the same way that Corey did, but I don't believe that I will judge him too harshly over what has transpired so far.

Old 04-19-2003, 05:38 PM   #36
Rob @ RK Reptiles
Legal papers (i.e. Lawsuits, summons, etc.) can be served via Certified mail in most states. The requirement to be served by a person is not there in most cases. Some still use that method as it is more intimidating to the receiver but not always necessary.

Old 04-19-2003, 08:39 PM   #37
Corey Sawyer
Davis, got read the last thread.

Terese, I was quoted $500 to locate the address, not paying that.

and yes, papers can be sent by mail.

Old 04-19-2003, 09:18 PM   #38
The BoidSmith
Thanks for clarifying the legality of serving papers through regular mail.

Regards.

Old 04-19-2003, 09:25 PM   #39
screamdreams
Man oh man...

Pathetic??? Cowardly????? Lowlife??? C'mon people, aren't we being a wee bit harsh??? I mean, I've read through threads involving way worse subject matter than this, and it didn't get this ugly. There's something going on here, and little details have been made public, so maybe, just maybe, Corey did what he had to do, like someone stated before...he didn't lie about lying, LOL that sounds kinda funny, but it is the truth. As far as the guy thinking Corey should pay for it...if I got the money from 1/10th of the people who said they we're purchasing an animal from me, I wouldn't be stressing over my daughters up & coming college years!! I've had 2 or 3 SELLERS from this sight tell me the money is on the way, only never to hear from them again...not even a "sorry, I changed my mind" what I'm saying is, there has to be more to this thread than meets the eye, and you know what, I don't even care. I don't know either party but bashing Corey (whom I've heard some really good things about, mostly from the people here at the BOI) is far from deserved as I see it. Again, I've witnessed much, much worse wreak less havoc on someone who actually deserved it on this forum.

Old 04-20-2003, 02:17 AM   #40
sputnik
IT STINKS

Having read this thread, all I can say is it stinks completely. Perhaps Corey will have learned a good lesson from this and be a better person in the future.....

We all make mistakes, this was a dumb one as it was stupid and deceitfull.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!