Corey Sawyer Busted!!!! - Page 7 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-21-2003, 05:52 PM   #61
BWSmith
Quote:
But what a way to go about it!
Yep, I think it was clever too LOL. Seems that it was the path of least resistence.

Having read alot of threads here, I must say that i am amazed how we have such upright citizens that never lie. Not aimed at anyone in particular. Just a general observation. I bet that if I went ot a herp show and took 100 people, offerred them $100 to go to someones table and say "OOOH, I am interested in buying those. Let me get your address so I can send a Money Order. I don't get paid till next week". My guess would be that i would noone turning me down.

I hate to be the bearer of bad tidings, but I have yet to meet a single person that has never lied. We are all human. And bottom line is that it was not a deal, a purchase, or an agreement. It was merely for gathering information. It was never portrayed (except to the original poster) as anything else.

And I will agree that it showed a glimpse of Corey's character. The fact that he admited to it and explained why he did with no regrets, (in my opinion) shows a great deal of character.

Show me a man that says he never lied and I will hold a mirror to his face and show him a liar.

Again, no offense intended to anyone and comments were not aimed at anyone in particular. Just the overall vibe I am getting here.

Old 04-21-2003, 06:05 PM   #62
sputnik
Quote:
Yep, I think it was clever too LOL.
Clever, Corey's rep is what has suffered as I result. So, clever may not be the word. I don't remember when lieing became clever anyway. Lies tend to catch up with you as they did for Corey.

Quote:
I hate to be the bearer of bad tidings, but I have yet to meet a single person that has never lied.
That's a shock, let me get back up off the floor. LOL

Quote:
And bottom line is that it was not a deal, a purchase, or an agreement.
Yep, that's true! It was a false deal etc to get info that it seems his lawyer should of been doing.

Just an opinion!

Old 04-22-2003, 12:12 AM   #63
Bobby Douglass
First off, I don't condone lying or frivolous lawsuits but since I don't know any specifics about the legal action I won't comment on that. Corey did lie by using a different name but according to the e-mails we have been provided with I really don't see any lies in them. That doesn't necessarily make it right and I don't believe I'd do it but it puts a little different twist on things to me.

Here are the e-mails from Corey
Quote:
Will you take $1500
Quote:
Will you take $1500
Quote:
$1750, I can send payment today. What is your mailing address.
WE only have one side of the e-mail conversation here, but in these quotes I can't spot the lie in the above quotes.

Quote:
A couple days ago I placed an add selling some rare asian colubrids, around 5:30 am I recieved a email from a guy name Kevin at Kevinthesnakeman@hotmail.com saying he wanted them and will send me out a check that day
Did he actually say he wanted them?

Old 04-22-2003, 12:14 AM   #64
thomas davis
well corey showed his true colors,,his moral character if you will,,,all because he needed his address? why not ask people here or geez even his BOSS that you know and have dealt with in the past?,,past customers,,point being there are other ways,,,corey being a seller on the net knows how it sux when people say yeah i want to buy that and then dont,,and yet admittingly you did just that?for a very large deal w/this guy?to acheive your objective and are proud of that fact,, pathetic,,no excuse,i am greatly saddened ,,,,,,thomas,,,,,,,,,,P.S. also im not sure on this guy ripping corey off? for what?when?where?how?,,sorry but i was never clear on that,,unless when he intieated a sale 100mandarins@$3500,,but that never happened so?did corey do it was corey ripped off? im totally confusedon that,,oilwell ,,,,,thomas

Old 04-22-2003, 12:41 AM   #65
BWSmith
Wow, 7 pages now. This is astonishing.

Quote:
well corey showed his true colors,,his moral character if you will,,,all because he needed his address?
yup. That is about the gist of it as I see it. He has shown int he past that he is pretty upright when it comes to business, but he IS a businessman. Everyone comes here whining about every little thing that went wrong in any type of deal. So be it. That is pretty much the point of this forum. And a venue for that is good to have. But this is the way I see it. Most dealers are businessmen (or women). A good business man offers quality products, honestly represented, and with good customer service. But a good businessman also understands business. You don't let people screw you. If there is a lawsuit in the making, then my guess is that it is serious to go to court over. That is what business people do. The world is not "You should not have dine that" - "I know, let me make it better". Otherwise the law schools would be vacant. Yes, I think he showed his true colors. He was trying to handle it inconspicuously (unlike most people). It got shoved into a public forum. He layed it out on the table. And no, he did not elaborate on getting screwed by the other. If there is alawsuit in the making, why would he? It is much easier for the defendant to post and show the "unethical", "liar", and "true colors" replies showing what a bad, bad man he is. Whether it is admissable in court, I have no idea, just throwing out a random thought.

I have never bought from Corey. I have met him once and talked to him a couple times. And we have certainly had our differences (very heated). I am sure he is suprised to see my name on this thread. But he has never been anything but honest with me, and that included some tough questions by me. I may not agree with him on MANY things, but I do not question his honesty. I am amazed how quickly people are chastized. "You lied!!! No matter what the reason, it was wrong!!! You are a bad man" Again, I am not trying toffend anyone or single anyone out, it just seems like alot of things are taken so myopic that reality is lost. If people feel that this makes him a bad guy, so be it. I don't think his business is going to suffer. If it does, again, so be it. I have no vested interest. After a few pages, I just had to chime in. Myopic views irritate me.

Old 04-22-2003, 10:24 AM   #66
John Albrecht
If Corey is a liar then most of the people here are liars. Not that anyone can claim to be without sin of some sort anyway, but hasn't anyone ever called a business up for a quote or some info and not wanted to reveal who they really are before? Seems like a pretty trivial thing to me. How about all the retailers that send someone into a competitors store to check on prices? Is that anymore dishonest?

Usually I agree with the degree of interogation that goes on with some of the bad guys that are around here but this is really splitting hairs with someone that doesn't warrant this degree of investigation. And before you go accusing me of anything I'll tell you right up front I've never done business with him.

Just my .015 cents

Old 04-22-2003, 10:39 AM   #67
bpc
The way I see it, Corey is justified IF this guy refused to give him his address. It would have been nice for Corey to have come clean right away, like as soon as he got the address. Would have been fun too, "HAHA now I got ya....." But, saying he was interested in the snakes to get the address and save himself $500 is no worse than telling your kids to behave or Santa won't bring them anything for Christmas.

No harm = No foul (in this case).

Old 04-22-2003, 10:59 AM   #68
Corey Sawyer
As far as the legal matters, those are private (Between me, Justin, my lawyer) and I wont comment on them, Justin is welcome to if he feels the need.

Mr Davis

Ask his boss? You want me to ask his boss to commit a crime? If i called your boss, do you think he would turn it over? If he did, would you sue him ? You would sure have the right to. Just tried to majorly misrepresnt animals to me, I wonder he has pulled this off on anyone that doesnt know better? I noticed you and justin live near each other, happen to know him?

BPC

I came "clean", I never lied to anyone but justin (who lied to me, many times, and tried to rip me off, but seems no one remembers that).

I have no regrets to lying to a liar. I needed his address, for a valid reason. No one has any reason to worry, well unless you try to screw me over, then post lies about me when I call you on it.

Old 04-22-2003, 01:07 PM   #69
thomas davis
no corey i live in houston texas ,,i dont know or have ever heard of him,,i beleive you said he was in dallas thats 350miles away from me(hardly close),,and no i didnt say call his boss, i said you know his boss had delt w/his boss,,could have asked him,,,also could have asked here or past customers of his/there where other ways// and here you go again sayin he tried to ripp you off? AGAIN HOW?WHEN?WHERE?,,by the deal he intieated ?thats how,,that is pathetic&weak,,, and im glad you are so PROUD of being a liar and also i am glad that you have posted that fact so all can see it,(some say it makes you a man i say it makes you a liar),,,,,and yeah eveyone lies yes true everyone,,BUT you not only lied you showed what type of person you are,your true colors ,,this thread was started saying"corey sawyer busted!" and you have been bottom line,,,,,,thomas

Old 04-22-2003, 01:10 PM   #70
WebSlave
I guess I am going to have to side with the minority here.

Quite frankly, there are lots of times that contacting a person or business anonymously is necessary to do. It can be nothing more than a method to check up on information you heard in order to try to verify it through another telling to a supposedly different person.

If I thought I could have gotten the real address for Wild World of Reptiles (the original reason I started the BOI) by using a ficticious email address, I would have done it in a heart beat.

I am of the opinion that Corey needed to get Justin's address, and Justin evidently would not give it to him willingly. If Corey had gone to an attorney and paid for this service, and this attorney in turn hired someone else to do this, just how do you think they likely would have gone about getting that address? Probably EXACTLY the same way that Corey did. By contacting Justin with a ficticious reason for needing his address.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!