!!! ATTN: Veasna Muth STOLE $450.00 FROM ME! AVOID AT ALL COSTS, SCAM ARTIST !!! - Page 11 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-12-2004, 10:31 PM   #101
Philly
Quote:
Originally posted by TopShelfExotics
so has this person stated he would send you a refund Ron?
Yes, he said he would overnight it today (based on emails from yesterday). I'm going to the NARBC show tomorrow so I'll check the mail when I get back from the show tomorrow afternoon/evening.

I just sent him another email asking him to verify that he mailed the refund back today via USPS next day mail. I'll update the BOI tomorrow with the results when I return from collecting my mail.

Regards,
Ron Crawford

Old 11-13-2004, 06:34 PM   #102
Philly
Thank God I had a GREAT time today at the NARBC show in Philly! Otherwise, my day would have been spoiled once I checked the mail today and DID NOT FIND ANY MAIL FROM VEASNA MUTH!!!

He sent me an email stating that he would overnight my refund for Saturday delivery and had the nerve to come to the BOI defending himself! I phoned my attorney and told him to move forward with contacting Veasna's local police department and bringing fraud charges up on him.

Veasna Muth has destroyed his crediblity in the herp world and should be AVOIDED AT ALL COSTS! If you would even entertain doing business with Veasna Muth, contact me first. I'll sell you the Golden Gate Bridge for a good price!

*** WHEN DEALING WITH VEASNA MUTH, BUYER BEWARE! ***

I'm going to checkout some of the cool stuff I got from NARBC today so I can feel better.

Have a fun weekend folks

Old 11-13-2004, 06:40 PM   #103
Chris@TSE
he used a postal money order right?

he's screwed.....

Old 11-13-2004, 06:50 PM   #104
Philly
Quote:
Originally posted by TopShelfExotics
he used a postal money order right?

he's screwed.....

My attorney just phoned me back with good news! He said he's gong to pursue this under "Internet Fraud" since a computer was used to defraud me. He also said that this will be felony case as it fits the requirements for such a case! I told him to move forward and spare no expenses. I don't care how much money I have to spend on this case, I just want this person to be an example of what will happen if you defraud someone over the Internet.

We're going after a felony conviction with Veasna Muth! He told me that we have all the documentation and correspondence to make it stick and the District Attorney will be pleased.

I'll keep everyone posted with the proceedings.

Regards,
Ronald Crawford

Old 11-13-2004, 07:07 PM   #105
Rockford
Finally someone that has the cajones!!

Finally....I have typed this before but I just got back into reptiles after 10+ years. I was dealing before the internet got big and I have seen nothing but rip-offs and scammers.

It's a real shame. I guess there are rip-offs and scammers in every hobby/business but too bad there are so many losers in this one.

Cheers to all the folks with sound ethics and solid dealings. Keep it up! Hopefully we can weed out all the crooks with the help of this site and word of mouth.

Take it easy-

Bthacker

Old 11-13-2004, 07:59 PM   #106
Sasheena
Woah there fellas... he probably has scammed you, but if he sent it overnight YESTERDAY using USPS then they do NOT guarantee their overnight service... with a federal holiday mucking up the works I'm guessing that you'll get it Monday or Tuesday, or even Wednesday. Just a slight note of hesitation. I've been sent USPS overnight about 5 times, and only ONCE did it get here overnight. Best to be SURE he's scum before bringing out both guns.

Old 11-13-2004, 08:19 PM   #107
Rockford
Quote:
Originally posted by Sasheena
Woah there fellas... he probably has scammed you, but if he sent it overnight YESTERDAY using USPS then they do NOT guarantee their overnight service... with a federal holiday mucking up the works I'm guessing that you'll get it Monday or Tuesday, or even Wednesday. Just a slight note of hesitation. I've been sent USPS overnight about 5 times, and only ONCE did it get here overnight. Best to be SURE he's scum before bringing out both guns.
I betcha that you weren't dealing with someone that took a week to get back with you. This guy has nothing but excuses and you just gave him one more!!!

I would bring the guns out now.....you could always put 'em away!!

Ron....has he answered his phone or are you done wasting your time?

Bthacker

Old 11-13-2004, 08:44 PM   #108
Philly
Quote:
Originally posted by Bthacker
I betcha that you weren't dealing with someone that took a week to get back with you. This guy has nothing but excuses and you just gave him one more!!!

I would bring the guns out now.....you could always put 'em away!!

Ron....has he answered his phone or are you done wasting your time?

Bthacker
I'm done wasting my time with him. I tried to phone him and emailed him asking for confirmation that he sent the refund money overnight per my instructions. Guess what? No reply from him after I sent that email. I guess someone stole his house too and his computer was in the house so he couldn't email me, eh?

I'm going to spend whatever it takes (attorney fees) and prosecute him. It's not about the money anymore, it's about the principal and stopping people from doing this again by making an example out of someone. Today is his lucky day as he will be the example. I'll be happy knowing that he will have a felony conviction on his record. And yes, we're also going to sue for attorney fees so it's going to cost him well beyond $450 in attorney fees alone, not including his attorney fees (assuming he will not use a public defender).

We have all the electronic documentation, paperwork and correspondence we need! He's actually researching some cases now and sent me this link to brighten up my weekend. http://www.crime-research.org/news/28.10.2004/747/

I can't wait until Monday to get this ball rolling since nothing can happen over the weekend

Old 11-13-2004, 08:48 PM   #109
KNOBTAIL
If in fact it was sent overnight

providing a tracking # would have eased allot tension. But chances are that from his prior experiences , if he had not acknowledged even receiving your money, what makes you think he would even acknowledge sending it back!

I certaninly would pursue internet fraud. Its Federal, as well as whatever civil action you can take to hurt him at least credit wise. This is the only way you can stop these kinds of people who seem to drift to the herp industry

This has been my big gripe all along. Attempting to police our own industry is impossible. With the opportunity to change your business name as many times as you want, including email addresses, nothing prevents people from going in and out of business daily.

Old 11-13-2004, 08:55 PM   #110
Rockford
Yikes

Serious biz!!

Bthacker

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!