!!! ATTN: Veasna Muth STOLE $450.00 FROM ME! AVOID AT ALL COSTS, SCAM ARTIST !!! - Page 12 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-13-2004, 10:43 PM   #111
Suncoast Herpetological
The guy is a serious weasel but...

Ron

I completely agree that this guy is a complete waste of oxygen and should be avoided like the plague. If you check back to the first few pages of this thread, I was one of the first to state that I did not think you were in any way premature in your posting

However....

Before you waste a lot of time, money or energy pursuing this legally, I would wait a couple of days to see if that refund arrives. The unfortunate truth is that if it does arrive, you have no damages to claim. If your attorney is worth his salt, he will tell you that without demonstrable damages, there is pretty much nothing to back up the fraud claim. If you were to file civilly....same net effect.

If the refund does not arrive, you have a different ballgame altogether though.

You have done the most important thing already though in alerting all of us to yet another bottom feeder in the hobby. We all can thank you for that. I have a feeling that this thread will garace the front page for a long while to come.

Old 11-13-2004, 10:57 PM   #112
Philly
Re: The guy is a serious weasel but...

Quote:
Originally posted by Suncoast Herpetological
Ron

I completely agree that this guy is a complete waste of oxygen and should be avoided like the plague. If you check back to the first few pages of this thread, I was one of the first to state that I did not think you were in any way premature in your posting

However....

Before you waste a lot of time, money or energy pursuing this legally, I would wait a couple of days to see if that refund arrives. The unfortunate truth is that if it does arrive, you have no damages to claim. If your attorney is worth his salt, he will tell you that without demonstrable damages, there is pretty much nothing to back up the fraud claim. If you were to file civilly....same net effect.

If the refund does not arrive, you have a different ballgame altogether though.

You have done the most important thing already though in alerting all of us to yet another bottom feeder in the hobby. We all can thank you for that. I have a feeling that this thread will garace the front page for a long while to come.
Very kind words, thank you. In addition, thank you for understanding my position in the early stages of this thread as well. It's deeply appreciated.

Thanks again to all the supporters as well!

Old 11-14-2004, 12:03 AM   #113
SNAKESDJF
Talking I'M SURE IN JAIL THEY LOVE GUYS WHO LIKE SNAKES, :)

hi Ron, i am really happy that you are taking this guy to court and playing hardball with him (hopefuly you will get your money before than) you gave him more than enough chances. he's going to have fun in jail, when they find out he likes snakes,lol dj

Old 11-16-2004, 06:36 PM   #114
Philly
I am happy to report that we have moved forward with a "swear out warrant for Internet Fraud" against:

veasna muth
8627 marlboro ct
stockton, ca 95210
(209) 471-1663

I will keep everyone updated as we make progress.

I am hopeful that this will bring a new beginning to honesty and integrity with respect to buying and selling in the herp community. I am sparing no monetary expense with respect to prosecuting this individual to the fullest extent of the law in order to to let other people know that we will NOT accept fraud in the herp community!

I hope the outcome of this will send a chilling message to those that might consider attempting to defraud and we are hopeful that Veasna Muth will ultimately have a felony conviction that will be with him for the rest of his life. His life as he knows it is about to change for the worse.

Thank you once again for your support and rest assured that we are going after this individual with very strong resources.

Regards,
Ron Crawford

Old 11-16-2004, 07:14 PM   #115
KNOBTAIL
RON, I would strongly suggest

that you also pursue civil litigation to effect his credit by getting some kind of judgement against him. That would add significantly to his already damaged reputation.

These losers seem to drift torward the Herp community for easy money. Although their are machineries for pursing these thieves, new ones arrive daily, and people just continue to get scammed daily regardless of the consequences.

I of course have a more stringent method for selling within the herp community, but it is suffice to say, that regardless of how careful you may be, the answer for future sales would be to use a credit card wherever you can . Unfortunately you could have done a better job in protecting your assests when dealing with a stranger. I understand that individuals do not have credit card capabilities, but Paypal (not my favorite) would have been an alternative.

I am not attempting to add salt to an already exposed wound, but always think in terms of limiting your liability. JERRY

Old 11-24-2004, 03:43 PM   #116
jenexotic
Question

Can we get an update on what is gooing on? I have folloewed this from the beginning and am very curious how it will turn out

Jennifer Pellette

Old 12-22-2004, 09:41 PM   #117
Rockford
Hi Ron-

Any news on this guy? How are things progressing? I think it's important to know what you can do as a consumer that has been ripped off over the net. Hope you are having Happy Holidays!

Bthacker

Old 12-22-2004, 10:22 PM   #118
Philly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bthacker
Hi Ron-

Any news on this guy? How are things progressing? I think it's important to know what you can do as a consumer that has been ripped off over the net. Hope you are having Happy Holidays!

Bthacker
Hi,

This is still under investigation. They are dragging their heels with this case :-(

Thanks for the cheerful holiday greetings! May you and your family have a STUPENDOUS holiday as well!

Ron

Old 12-22-2004, 10:49 PM   #119
5StarrMorphs
If this Helps

With regard to protection for the buyer.

I some time ago purchased a female ball from a guy in Boston MA. I sent him a check along with a box to ship the animal in as he said he had no proper shipping materials.

After the check had cleared I expected it would be shipped out almost thereafter. That was not the case. I waited a week until after it cleared to make contact with him. To my surprise the number had been disconnected. I then sent an email and it came back returned not a valid email. I sent a letter asking about the ball and got no response.

I then sent a registered letter disguised as a gift, informing him that if he did not provide me with a number and send the animal out, or my money I would make contact with the local authorities. I gave him 1 week from time of delivery.

The package was in fact delivered and a male had signed for it, and a week later no response. I then contacted the local police station, who after telling of my problem, said I needed to contact my local police and they would start it there. I called back the next day and talked with a police woman and told my story again and told her I believed he was doing internet fraud. She was then more than happy to check it out.

Not 3 days later she contacted me and told me she had found the man in question and said she would contact me very soon. Soon it was. The next day she called and said that she had signed a complaint on my behalf and he had until the end of the week to conclude the transaction or he would have a warrant issued for his arrest.

Oddly enough the guy calls me the very next day with an appology that would have made the pope cry and asked " If I send you out the ball tomorrow, would you please contact the police and tell them I did so". I said as soon as the package arrives and she is in good health or the money returned I will make contact with her.

The money was returned the next day. I contacted the authorities and told them of it, and a done deal. Alot of headaches but a total of 1 week from the time I contacted the police my money was returned.

I have browsed in on this post from time to time and not sure if these circumstances would help in your case. However internet crime is a big ticket item, and maybe it will help.

I sincerely hope you recover the animals in question or your money back.

If this helps.

Jeff Morrison
5StarrMorphs

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!