!!! ATTN: Veasna Muth STOLE $450.00 FROM ME! AVOID AT ALL COSTS, SCAM ARTIST !!! - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-08-2004, 10:22 PM   #31
Philly
For the record, I phoned him and emailed him constantly (including today) and I still haven't heard back from the guy. You folks tell me to wait? Guess what, I am waiting...However, not by my accord.

Think I can get G.W. to send the troops there to free the hostages? My money and/or snakes are being held hostage.

Old 11-08-2004, 10:35 PM   #32
Vince
did you use a postal money order? and if so did the seller cash it yet? everyone is saying that sometimes people are to busy to return calls or send as soon as the buyer would like, but if thats the case im sure they are to busy to cash moneyorders.

Old 11-08-2004, 10:43 PM   #33
Philly
Yes, paid via USPS money order. Will have to phone the post office tomorrow to find out how I can check to see if it was cashed or not. If you have two jobs as one member pointed it, it's safe to assume it's cashed already.

Old 11-09-2004, 12:20 AM   #34
Bringerofdoom
ok so your topic says he stole money off you, but yet you dont know if it was cashed or not?

Old 11-09-2004, 12:21 AM   #35
SNAKESDJF
Thumbs down yeah thats shady!!

i think you can also track the usps money order to see if its been cashed. i would also maybe call the us postal service fraud/security investigation unit. maybe there's something they could do or maybe stop the mo payment from being cashed. did this person say whether he shipped it ups or fedex, etc? did he tell you he shipped it already(im a little confused)i noticed he indicates shipping store in the email which is strange. theres alot of shady people out there, let me know what happens, good luck dj

Old 11-09-2004, 06:00 AM   #36
Chris@TSE
You obviously jumped the gun on this one, you dont even know if it was cashed yet a few days ago you posted this guy ripped you off?

Something may have possibly come up, it happens. Unfortunatley not every sale is effortless and lightening fast. If he indeed "ripped you off" you STILL posted about this WAY too soon. You still have absolutley NO IDEA what is going on. A simple post concerning lousy communication would have sufficed, and could have been easily added to in the future if further developments occured....

I can guarantee alot of breeders and dealers have read this, and your quick move to completley sdestroy this individuals name. I'd be willing to bet you now have basically "blacklisted" yourself from doing business with many of these people for simple fear that you may flip out an inappropriatley flame them on a open inquiry forum. I sure as hell wouldnt knowingly take an order from you, if for some reason I got hit by a bus or broke down in the middle of the desert I sure as hell would not want to come back a few days later to see my company being trashed here....

Good luck, Hopefully everything works out for you...

try exercising a bit of patience in the future, and doing your homework (ie. checking status of check, ect.) before posting somethingl ike this.

Old 11-09-2004, 08:45 AM   #37
Philly
Quote:
Originally posted by TopShelfExotics
You obviously jumped the gun on this one, you dont even know if it was cashed yet a few days ago you posted this guy ripped you off?

Something may have possibly come up, it happens. Unfortunatley not every sale is effortless and lightening fast. If he indeed "ripped you off" you STILL posted about this WAY too soon. You still have absolutley NO IDEA what is going on. A simple post concerning lousy communication would have sufficed, and could have been easily added to in the future if further developments occured....

I can guarantee alot of breeders and dealers have read this, and your quick move to completley sdestroy this individuals name. I'd be willing to bet you now have basically "blacklisted" yourself from doing business with many of these people for simple fear that you may flip out an inappropriatley flame them on a open inquiry forum. I sure as hell wouldnt knowingly take an order from you, if for some reason I got hit by a bus or broke down in the middle of the desert I sure as hell would not want to come back a few days later to see my company being trashed here....

Good luck, Hopefully everything works out for you...

try exercising a bit of patience in the future, and doing your homework (ie. checking status of check, ect.) before posting somethingl ike this.
A money order represents cash and a USPS money order can take up to 60 days for them to determine if it was cashed or not. You have to fill out a form at the post office AND pay to have the search done. As far as I'm concerned, a man with two jobs has already cashed the money order I sent him. As far as car crashes, hit by a bus, being on Venom ER, etc., get real! Statistically speaking, the odds of something like that happening during the course of a transaction is extremely low. You can give people as much time as you'd like, I won't.

With respect to "blacklisting" myself. I hope I do "blacklist" myself from people that have unacceptable business practices. They are the only ones that would not want to do business with me out of fear of me coming here and shining light on their horrible business etiquette. I've never screwed over anyone in this industry and I easily spend 4 to 5 digits on high end ball python morphs in my collection. I send my paments out fast (priority/overnight/wire/etc) and stand behind what I say.

You fail to remember what happened here. I sent him money at once and in the easiest form short of sending cash money in the mail. He has not attempted to contact me at all even though he said he was going to ship and provide a tracking number on a specific date. This date came and went and I've tried to contact him constantly. If he has a valid excuse then he'll have a chance to defend himself and provide ample proof. With that said, I Guess I'm on your "blacklist" too, eh?

Here are some excellent guys that I've done business with and I feel they deserve to be mentioned here. These are solid A+ guys that know how to handle business correctly: ASF Reptiles, BoaRepublic, Dream Breeder, OzzyBoids, Ball Boutique, Mark's Herps, T&M Reptiles, Phil Buscher and others.

Old 11-09-2004, 09:18 AM   #38
Chris@TSE
Like I said, you simply posted this blatent ATTACK too soon. He may have very well scammed you.... BUT... what if he didnt?

You have to remember, posts in the BOI cannot be edited or erased. If your specimens were to arrive this morning and for some reason his online access was restricted or lost, or who knows what else, all of this would be for not and a name would be tarnished. That was my only point, you jumped the gun, and you even admitted to doing so.

Simple as that.

I do however agree with you, we are also always quick to pay in all of our transactions, and spend big money when obtaining morphs for our projects. I just know that things do happen from time to time, and it did not seem like you wasted any time coming here to tear him a new... well... you know...

Good luck with the transaction, I really hope this clown hasent walked off with your money...

Old 11-09-2004, 09:29 AM   #39
KNOBTAIL
hey TOPSHELF, I would be very

curious to see how you would handle the situation if the roles were reversed. Whether the money order was cashed or not, we can all assume that it was received! Its as good as cash and the time limit is 1 year.

The buyer does not have to justify why its necessary to defend himself in a simple sale such as this. The seller however has some explaining to do!

Not following through on a sale once the monies have been sent is enough to bring to the BOI. Their is nothing premature about not following through with the shippers obligations.

I think that if their is a blacklist, it will be on the shippers methods of conducting business at this point. By next week it could be considered a rip-off. So, when does it not become.........premature!!

also,TOP SHELF, for you to justify "that things happen from time to time" is about as lame of an excuse as you can get. The fact is where is the money or the animals? Thats the bottom line. Secondly, how long does the buyer have to wait before he can get a simple answer to his prepaid sale?

Old 11-09-2004, 09:39 AM   #40
Philly
Quote:
Originally posted by TopShelfExotics
Like I said, you simply posted this blatent ATTACK too soon. He may have very well scammed you.... BUT... what if he didnt?

You have to remember, posts in the BOI cannot be edited or erased. If your specimens were to arrive this morning and for some reason his online access was restricted or lost, or who knows what else, all of this would be for not and a name would be tarnished. That was my only point, you jumped the gun, and you even admitted to doing so.

Simple as that.

I do however agree with you, we are also always quick to pay in all of our transactions, and spend big money when obtaining morphs for our projects. I just know that things do happen from time to time, and it did not seem like you wasted any time coming here to tear him a new... well... you know...

Good luck with the transaction, I really hope this clown hasent walked off with your money...
Thanks for the encouragement and I too hope justice will be served. He has my telephone number as well so there is no excuse for him not to contact me short of him being hospitalized, imprisoned, in a drug rehab, lost at sea, trapped in the Bermuda Triangle, etc. He'll have a chance to defend himself and he should understand why I expressed myself on the BOI but as of today, it's not looking too good on his behalf since he's still AWOL.

I'm going to sign out with this post since I've spent too much time with dialogue about this situation. Good luck to you all and be careful with sending your hard earned money to people not listed with good feedback or have no listings at all in the BOI. I checked the BOI before sending money to him and he didn't have anything published about him, postive or negative. What I should have done and will do moving forward is inquire about a person in the BOI before doing business with them if I couldn't find anything about them in the BOI. I could have saved myself from this mess if I inquired beforehand. Lesson learned.

Regards,
Ron Crawford

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!