!!! ATTN: Veasna Muth STOLE $450.00 FROM ME! AVOID AT ALL COSTS, SCAM ARTIST !!! - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-09-2004, 09:50 AM   #41
Chris@TSE
It was exactly 5 days after the seller stated he would ship that this person blew him apart on the BOI, Like I said, it was a bit premature. you can bet your ass I would be ticked if I had not received my order, but you can rest assured I would have exauhsted most avenues before bringing it up here....

Typically I do my homework BEFORE a purchase however, so I do not get caught in this situation very often, I'm sure you can relate Jerry...

And the name is Chris.... Not TOP SHELF, thanks Jerry.

And as for Ron, PLEASE make a habbit of checking the BOI here before making purchases. You'll thank yourself in the future for it! Good Luck!!!

Old 11-09-2004, 10:41 AM   #42
Rockford
Ron-

I admire your sense of humor that you still have about losing $450. I had a broker tell me this weekend that $600 wasn't alot of money! I don't care if it was $100. It's all the same.

Chris-
You are wrong for coming on here telling this guy that just got ripped off that he's was premature about posting and he might be blacklisted. The only excuse this guy has for not responding to Ron's inquiries is either his own death or being kidnapped. Defending folks with shotty business practices has definitely blacklisted yourself from getting my hard-earned cash. I am not trying to be a jerk but that's just the way I see it.

Bthacker

Old 11-09-2004, 10:51 AM   #43
Chris@TSE
You misinterpretted my meaning, but by all means..... be that way.

Old 11-09-2004, 11:02 AM   #44
KNOBTAIL
well CHRIS, lets wait

and see when this no longer becomes premature.

Ron, if you would be so kind as to continue informing us of any change in this person if he contacts you............after receiving your money, not communicating with you, and can not seem to provide the simple courtesy of an acknowledgement.

Chris, I am uncertain what you mean by "doing your homework", Their is always a risk factor. If you know the person you are dealing with, you reduce the risk, if you dont know whom you are dealing with you increase the risk. In either situation, you are at the mercy of the seller, and the very least , I say the least the seller can provide is some acknowledgement. Or is that to much of a premature quality to ask for in a business transaction !

You seem to think so! For $ 500.00, I think the buyer is intitled to a bit more courtesy considering that he paid in advance, met his obligation that the seller set forth, and now has to worry if he will loose the money or the animals or both. Nice way to do business.

Old 11-09-2004, 02:26 PM   #45
Chris@TSE
Agreed, which is why i stated when posting that type of post so soon (5 days after sending money to seller without confirmation) it should have been a complaint about horrid correspondence, as i said earlier. 5 days isnt a point where I would come running to the BOI screaming "I GOT RIPPED OFF, HE TOOK MY MONEY! SCAMMER!!!"

Would you?

Doubtfully.

That was all...

Now heading further into the matter its begining to look like he has been scammed, but say for instance the snakes arrived on that 6th morning? Bad correspondence perhaps, but this post would have been awfully harmful and inaccurate. And since its on the BOI, it would be permanent. See what I was getting at?

Old 11-09-2004, 02:52 PM   #46
Rockford
NOPE!

Bthacker

Old 11-09-2004, 02:58 PM   #47
Chris@TSE
Was not directing that to you.... In fact I already stated "but by all means..... be that way" to you. Our conversation was done. Thanks tho!

Old 11-09-2004, 04:26 PM   #48
KNOBTAIL
Chris, you bring up a very interesting

point about "5 days isnt a point where I would come running to the BOI screaming "I GOT RIPPED OFF, HE TOOK MY MONEY! SCAMMER!!!"

So the lesson here is a simple one..............keep the lines of communications open, and these premature concerns to the BOI will not occur. I agree with you if their was a delay, but we live in a world of instant communication. How about a phone call, if not a return email, or even a message of any kind just informing the buyer that their will be a delay, that the snakes will be sent, ...................how about something! which has to be better than nothing when that kind of money is involved.

You are also correct , the BOI has an infinite memory, and if this persons name gets "searched" I hope this thread comes up just like people should know who are slow payers with their credit cards and other obligations.

I hope that people see that this person, has held onto someones money without even the courtesy of a response. Thats not to say that he is a scam artist or a crook, but people should be made aware of the fact that if you send money to this person or business, you may not get any response until he feels like sending it to you! ..........and this gives me plenty of concern.

Now I think you and I both know the outcome of this thread, I hope I am wrong, and I hope you are right about the author being premature in his actions, but right now $ 500. is gone!

Old 11-09-2004, 04:30 PM   #49
Chris@TSE
yes, the outcome is looking quite grim at the moment. I wish him the best...

Old 11-09-2004, 05:48 PM   #50
David Scarboro
Here's my answer

I terminate people who don't call or show up to work for 3 consecutive days. Bottom Line=Veasna Muth, You're Fired!
JMHO
David Scarboro
Dahlonega, Ga.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!