!!! ATTN: Veasna Muth STOLE $450.00 FROM ME! AVOID AT ALL COSTS, SCAM ARTIST !!! - Page 8 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-10-2004, 10:08 PM   #71
Vince
but if this thread wasnt started so soon this guy might have a new ball python from top shelf exotics payed for with stolen money.

everyone reacts differently. and you never know, if this wasnt here as soon as it was then maybe in the meen time someone else would have sent this guy another 450.00 for the same pythons.

Old 11-10-2004, 10:17 PM   #72
KNOBTAIL
CHRIS, i understand exacactly what

you are saying, but just as you pointed out about "providing some breathing room before a post is placed on the BOI, I would like to remind you, that you may be more inclined to give a little more courtesy, I am not of that frame of mind.

My position would be more like a creditor. If the bill is expected to be paid on the 15th I expect the monies to be their if not on the 15th than prior to it. Its good business and whether you agree with me or not, credit worthy people get credit because of their ability to meet their financial obligations ..........on time!!

Now I am using this as an analogy of course, but If I send you money , I expect some notification. I do not want to go running after you. "Foul play or bad correspondance" has nothing to do with the original post. The buyer just as the creditor, did not receive even an acknowledgement or a payment. The due date has passed! The monies are due, and the obligation would add interest if it were a bank! The lender takes all the necessary precautions in insuring that the borrower understands what they are getting into. So it is with the buyer who sends money to the seller (in advance, in good faith) . Its the sellers obligation to immediately notify the buyer. No excuses, The buyer could have retained those funds in his own account but took the good faith of the seller that the services would be preformed upon reciept of the funds,

Its one thing if the shipment was held up for 5 days or even longer. But their is no excuse for a simple notification.

So this is not just a pissing contest or me attempting to twist words here. I am a business man like yourself, and their are rules and regulations in the conduct , that requires a reasonable method of some fairness. After all, we are dealing here with strangers. One who sends money in advance to a total stranger, and at the very least deserves some basic consideration here.

One of the reasons why I have been successful in my business ventures, relates to my ability to keep the lines of communications open. State my terms clearly, and deliver as promised. I can assure you that I would not wait to hear from the buyer asking me if I received his money. I would have notified him immediately, and I would be kissing the ground that people trust me enough to send me money, and incidently CHRIS, my products are big ticket items, so its a question of how you want to conduct yourself in business.

In this case, this person whoever he is, does not care, assumes he will get away with stealing $ 450.00 and possibly others that we may not even know about as yet. So I do understand very well, and I am not missing the point, its just my safety mechanics differ from yours, or possibly I may be a bit more stringent in my business behavours. By the way, Chris, people in general prefer to be notified sooner rather than later when money is involved. In this case, as we both now have reached the same conclusion, we have a theft, a felony. If the Method of Operation remains the same, this may be just the tip of the iceberg. So its imperative to act on these signs as quickly as possible.

So CHRIS, I understand your positon very well, and certainly I dont mean to be repetative in my argument, but my good experience not only in business but as a law enforcement officers intuition, I prefer to err on the side of caution. I would be the first to apologize if this thread turned out to be that I was wrong and that I was hasty in my own prejudgement. But my worst fears have born fruit. If you email me at fruitflies1@bellsouth.net I would like to send you some things (herp related) that you may find interesting. Respectfully, JERRY

Old 11-11-2004, 12:13 AM   #73
MattP
Ron, I sent you an email

Matt

Old 11-11-2004, 12:30 AM   #74
speedingbandit
400,,,1100,,,,,,whats the differance

Thats right 400 is bad,,,but im tied up with L&B aka Barry white for 1100.000its fun really to get fuct without protection....we will see what the sheriffs dept says,,,,actualy theyve already said it all i gotta do is say go.

Old 11-11-2004, 12:35 AM   #75
Philly
So, is this enough time to wait or should I give him a few more weeks?

I'm going to pursue legal actions beginning tomorrow. This guy has committed mail fraud and he will pay for his crimes, one way or another.

The reason I called him out in the subject line was due to some research on my part. I phoned him day, night and super late at night. I left countless messages and emails to no avail. Enough of this type of correspondence without a reply leads one to suspicion. That is the underlying reason I called him a thief after five days.

I just left a dead-beat ebayer horrible feedback after he said he was going to pay me this past weekend but never did. I emailed him and gave him two days to satisfy his part of the agreement. Guess what, he's listed with negative feedback on ebay now.

I'll update you kind folks with progress as I involve the law in the matter. Rest assured, I will do whatever it takes short of contacting the bloods/crips in California (although they would probably deliver some "justice" unto this individual). lol.

Thanks for your support.

Regards,
Ron Crawford

Old 11-11-2004, 04:45 AM   #76
Chris@TSE
sure Jerry, You've got mail.

Now that this guy is pretty much porven to be a scammer i would assume it is safe to post his info so others don't get taken....

Old 11-11-2004, 09:35 AM   #77
The BoidSmith
Ron,

Sorry to hear this guy never contacted you again. Please do post his contact info so we are all aware of where he is.

For the future and when dealing with individuals you have never heard of you may want to do a reverse look up on the phone number to see if it does exist. A person that provides another phone number or only a cell phone # (as in this case) might indicate that he doesn't want to be located if something happens. Again I'm saying "might" because I know of several highly reputable individuals that provide a cell # and use it for it's intended use (to be always in contact anywhere they are). This was obviously not the case though.

Good luck!

Old 11-11-2004, 05:49 PM   #78
veasna
"scam artist "

just found out about this thread today...first of all i would like to a
appoligize to Ron for all this miss understanding........i can understand that it is wrong in my part to not contact Ron...but things do come up.....i would think that having medical and family problems are more important...also just to add that ruining my name over $450 is just stupid....i had emailed Ron today and waiting for him to reply....

Old 11-11-2004, 05:52 PM   #79
Chris@TSE
you have time to shop kingsnake for hets but dont have time to send him his snakes????

you emailed me looking to buy a het on a payment plan YESTURDAY.

I see where your priorities are.... Very impressive.

Old 11-11-2004, 06:07 PM   #80
Chris@TSE
-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, November 10, 2004 4:16 PM
To: sales@topshelfexotic.com
Subject: Message about: Last Hets of the Season! Pieds, Axanthics, Albinos, & More. Genetics Guaranteed.

i am interested in uying one of your hets..i wanted to know if you do any payments on them..or what would i need to do to put a hold on one of them?...i was interested in getting the 100% het pied male....how lond do i have to pay it off..thanks..veasna

----------------------------------------------
Click on (or cut and paste into you browser's
location window) the URL below to view the ad that
this message is in response to.

http://market.kingsnake.com/detail.php?de=270257&cat=32

----------------------------------------------
This message was sent by the user: veasna

Sent 03:16 PM, Nov 10th, 2004 from I.P. Address 66.81.137.29

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!