Kieth Cantore Scam Artist! Please help! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 07-06-2006, 11:35 PM   #1
dumje
Thumbs down Kieth Cantore Scam Artist! Please help!

Hello everyone. I need you guys help on this one badly! I sold an Aldabra(20 inches) to a Mr. Kieth Cantore from Monee, IL. back in October of 05. He paid me $3,800 from his credit card through Paypal. In March of this year he filed a chargeback with his credit card company. The credit card company told paypal they were refunding he money to Mr. Cantore. Mr. Kieth Cantore has disconnected his phone, ignored my letters and e-mails. I am asking for the BOI's members help on this one! If anyone has family's correct address or phone number I would greatly appreciate it. I am sure they do not know what is going on. Mr. Kieth Cantore has deceided to either keep or sell my Aldabra and has now received a refund for it as well. I have filed a complaint with the FBI internet fraud dept., Kingsnake, and have a civil attorney involved. This guy needs to be stopped and I do not want anyone to go through what I am going through. I can be reached (305)788-0340. Your responses and information can be kept anonymous. Just call me. Thanks!

Old 07-06-2006, 11:43 PM   #2
Jim O
What was the reason stated for the chargeback?

Old 07-06-2006, 11:48 PM   #3
dumje
He said that the Aldabra was not as descrided. Beautiful animal perfect shell. He basically said that I sold him a Galop. So fine, he was not happy. Send me back the tortoise and I will gladly refund you. I sold him a 20 inch (looked to be female Aldabra) for $4,800. $3,800 of which he paid through paypal. I told this all to paypal have packing receipts, copys of e-mails, copys of pics that I sent him. They don't care. Hopefully someone on the BOI does. Please help. I spoke with a Mr. Lee Watson and he claims this guy is the best guy in the world. But told me that he was in prison.

Old 07-06-2006, 11:52 PM   #4
romad119
Keep an eye on the most popular classifieds sites too in case he tries to resell it that way.

Old 07-06-2006, 11:55 PM   #5
dumje
Just want to warn everyone out there about him. At the same time see if anyone has any information that may be helpful. He worked out of Lee Watson's Swap shop. I was not surprised when I found out that Lee told me he was in prison. Oh, by the way. Mr. Lee Watson knows his family and everything and was not willing to help out. Am I missing something here?

Old 07-07-2006, 12:12 AM   #6
Jim O
Quote:
Originally Posted by dumje
Just want to warn everyone out there about him. At the same time see if anyone has any information that may be helpful. He worked out of Lee Watson's Swap shop. I was not surprised when I found out that Lee told me he was in prison. Oh, by the way. Mr. Lee Watson knows his family and everything and was not willing to help out. Am I missing something here?
There is a Keith A Cantore incarcerated at Milan FCI in Milan, Michigan, age 26, inmate number 17810-424. The projected release date is 12/11/2008. I don't know if that's him or not. There was no one by that name in the Illinois inmate locator.

Old 07-07-2006, 12:19 AM   #7
dumje
Wow. Thats got to be him. That's right he spelled his name Keith instead of Kieth. Lee Watson said he was in a Federal prison but wouldn't say what for. I wish Lee Watson gets to read this and decides to change his mind and help out. This can all be solved amicably if he or his family returns my animal! Otherwise this is considered to be internet fraud and grand theft. Which cannot be good for a convicted felon. Lee, do the right thing Man!

Old 07-07-2006, 12:20 AM   #8
dumje
Jim O. Thanks! Is there a way to look up his family or home address?

Old 07-07-2006, 12:30 AM   #9
Jim O
Quote:
Originally Posted by dumje
Jim O. Thanks! Is there a way to look up his family or home address?
There was no Cantore listed in Monee, IL though there were several in the state. It's possible that a paid internet background search might get some family members' names and addresses.

Old 07-07-2006, 12:35 AM   #10
Jim O
Anorther thing. Lee Watson runs a large Reptile Swap/Show in Illinois. I'm sure that some Fauna members are regulars there. It's possible that someone will see this thread and get you more info.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!