Josh Lassiter - SCAM ARTIST! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-17-2006, 08:48 PM   #1
repticulture
Angry Josh Lassiter - SCAM ARTIST!

I was stupid enough to fall for this guy's scam, but hopefully this posting will prevent others from being ripped off!

Basically, we agreed to trade (2) 2006 Mojave Ball Python females (my snakes) for (6) 2006 "100% het Piebald" Ball Python females (his snakes). We agreed to ship at the same time, and he received the Mojaves just fine the very next day, but I didn't receive anything.

(I was pretty worried at this point, as trade deals are always risky in general)

I tried contacting him many times to let him know that his snakes never arrived but I couldn't get a hold of him. I then tracked down the contact person who received the snakes at their place of business (City of Franklin - Virginia) and it turned out to be his "mother" (Susan Lassiter). She gave me his "girlfriend's" (Heather) phone number and after talking to her she said that she accidentally sent me an empty box; how the heck does that happen!?

(Now I'm extremely worried that I got scammed)

She apologized and said that she made a mistake and that she would immediately ship the snakes and get me a tracking number right away. I received the tracking number within an hour and received 6 female Ball Pythons the next day.

(I was relieved, for a little bit anyway)

Now, here comes the problem. He said that he would provide photo IDs and a guarantee of their genetics (which any reputable breeder does/should do), but they were not in the box. After many WEEKS go by he finally calls me (just to play games - which is why I KNOW it is a scam) and I requested that he send me the paperwork. He stated that I have his "word" as a guarantee, and that a piece of paper is worthless. And he said it in a very condescending way (as if, yeah right). He also added that I wouldn't find out until at least 2 years anyway.

He then starting making stuff up about him and I being in business together, calling our business "Black Jack Herps". I asked him what the heck Black Jack Herps was and he said that he just made it up.

(I think he may actually be demented at this point - he even called me "Josh" a couple of times [that's suppose to be his own name!])

I told him that he and I have nothing to do with each other and I just wanted the paperwork on the snakes he sent me, or my 2 Mojaves back. He said to send him $25 via Paypal and he'll send me a paper guarantee.

(Since when does it cost $25 to mail a piece of paper?)

He kept refusing to provide a guarantee on them, so I said that our deal is off and I want to reverse the transaction, since he didn't keep his part of the deal (to provide some kind of paperwork/guarantee for the 100% het Pieds) - and for being such a jerk about it. He then refused to send back my Mojaves, giving me a very sarcastic reason as, they're too beautiful and he's too attached to them and will cry for days (laughing about it).

(he made MANY smart aleck remarks like this throughout our entire conversations)

And just out of nowhere he even had the audacity to state that Cryptosporidium is a killer in snake collections! I'm not sure if he's trying to scare me about getting the Mojaves back with Crypto, or that the snakes he sent me has Crypto!(?) Either way, I'm not deterred and will continue to seek justice on this matter. I just hope nobody else has to deal with him; you'll quickly regret it!

The good news: He messed up by using an accomplice who works in a government building, to where he had me ship the snakes to. I have ALL the information I need on this person (Susan Lassiter - who signed for the snakes) and will be prosecuting for internet fraud. I can provide further information regarding this scam (shipping address [Franklin, VA], phone numbers [area code 757], etc.), if desired.

This guy is a real piece of work; cocky/arrogant attitude. He think's he too smart to get caught, but he'll soon realize he scammed the wrong person.

P.S. It's very difficult to portray his character via internet posting, but believe me, if you'd like to talk to him yourself I'll give you his number. You'll quickly realize that he's a scam artist, and I'm not his first/only victim.

TIP: Don't trust anyone who isn't well known! No matter how nice/honest they come across. However, there's a lot of good guys out there who aren't well known, but with them, get MANY referrences and make sure you verify them all!

Best regards,

Robert Coral
www.ReptiCulture.com
(feel free to contact me for any further information - I'll be updating this posting as the prosecution progresses)

Old 09-17-2006, 08:58 PM   #2
Jim O
Robert,

Please post copies of any and all communications between you two.

Did he claim to have produced these snakes himself? If so, I live not far from Franklin and would be happy to take a look at his collection to at least verify that he has a real morph there. Since the only way to produce 100% hets is with a morph x normal breeding he should have no trouble producing the Piebald animal for me to see. I can pick up the "paperwork" at the same time and will send it to you for free.

Let him know of this thread and of my offer if applicable.

Old 09-18-2006, 01:07 PM   #3
repticulture
Email Communications

Hello Jim,

Yes, he did claim to produce the het Pieds (as you'll see in his emails). I'll be posting all of our communications directly after this posting.

Go ahead and email me regarding living in his area. Thanks!

Robert Coral
www.ReptiCulture.com

Old 09-18-2006, 01:26 PM   #4
repticulture
Email Communications

Interested in trading for Yellow Bellies or Mojaves? I'd like to get some female 100% het Pieds.

Robert Coral
www.ReptiCulture.com

I am more interested in mojaves then yellow bellies. If you would please let me know how many females you are interested in and we can work out an even trade.

Thank you
Josh

Josh,

I'm interested in as many het females you can offer. I can offer you a Mojave female for 3 het pied females. That would be an overall fair trade. Let me know.

Robert Coral
www.ReptiCulture.com

I currently have 8 female het pieds. I was thinking that 5 hets would be a good trade on 2 mojave females. I would be interested in doing all 8 females (and I will add a male het) for the 2 female mojaves and a pair of yellow bellies ( so they will be from the same line). Have you proved out your yellow bellies? What line are they? Could you please send me some photos of your mojaves and yellow bellies that you have available.

Thanks
Josh

Josh,

When this clutch of Yellow Bellies and Mojaves first hatched out, I popped them and thought I had some females. However, I just probed them all to make sure and it appears that I've got all males and only one female. I promised myself that I'd keep a female, so I have to stick to that. I also decided to holdback one male Yellow Belly. So, what I currently have available is one Mojave male and two Yellow Belly males. I've attached photos of these three snakes (2 photos of each). If you're still interested in trading, how many female het Pieds could you offer me for them?

P.S. I've got more Mojaves due to hatch out ANY day now, so I may still be able to offer you female Mojaves. I'll let you know as soon as they hatch.

Robert Coral
www.ReptiCulture.com

Robert,

When do you expect the next clutch of mojaves? I know ratios are never for certain but I am deffinantly most interested in females. Are you expecting more yellow bellies? I only would be interested in a pair of them so if not It'll be just mojaves for me. I would do 8 het females and a male for all the animals we stated before if they come available. If not how about 2 het females for the male mojave? Depending on what hatches out I will be willing to trade for more. Let me know what you think. I'm sure we can reach an agreement we will both be happy with.

Thank you
Josh

Josh,

My next clutch of Mojaves are due to hatch out in just 2 days. I've got another female still gravid with Yellow Bellies, but she's taking her time dropping those eggs. I am definitely interested in your female hets. I'll have to keep you posted. I'll probably be slitting the Mojave eggs by tonight or tomorrow night, just to see how many Mojaves I'll be working with, but I won't be able to tell the sexes of course. Regarding a trade for just the male Mojave though, I would need 3 female het Pieds for him.

Robert Coral
www.ReptiCulture.com

Robert

Let me know how your luck goes with this batch of mojaves. I deffinantly want to get some females but if it doesnt turn out then we can come up with another plan. As far as the yellow bellies I guess we will have to see about them at a later time.

Thanks
Josh

Josh,

I got extremely lucky with my odds! Out of the 4 eggs, 4 are Mojave (100%)! Two of them have emerged (photos attached), and the other two should be out by the time I get home today. However, I won't sex them until they shed; 7- 10 days from now. I'll keep you posted.

P.S. Let me know what you think about the first two Mojaves. They've got some very nice striping!

Robert Coral
www.ReptiCulture.com

Robert

Congrats on beating the odds. That may work out for both of us. They are some good looking boys/girls (hopefully the later). Keep me posted on them. I would like to get them before august 15th because I have to leave on buisness for 3 weeks and would hate to see them slip away.

Thanks
Josh

Josh,

You can now view my available Mojaves and Yellow Bellies on my website's available page. I hope you still have a few 100% het females available. Check out my website and let me know what you're interested in.

Thanks!

Robert Coral
www.ReptiCulture.com

I am deffinantly interested in the female mojaves. How many het pied females do you want for the 2 you have available?

Thanks
Josh

Josh,

How many het females can you offer? When were they born? And what are they eating? Any chance I can get photos of each? Lastly, do you guarantee their genetics (any photos of the parents breeding)? Thanks!

Robert Coral
www.ReptiCulture.com

I was Thinking that 5 Het females would be a pretty fair trade 5x$850=$4200 though I have seen alot of people asking more. Female mojaves are going for right at $2000. Let me know what you think if that doesnt sound fair to you. All my animals are guaranteed 100% genetically and health. They come with Photo ID of the snake detailing birthdate, weight, genetics, sire and dam and all my info. I am out of town till sunday on buisness but when I get back I can send you photos of all that I have available. They are all eating rat pups-weaned regularly. They are all in the 80-200g range but I can give you specifics when I return home.

Thanks
Josh

Josh,

I'd like to get your biggest females (the ones closest to 200+gr). Please let me know each of the weights of all the females you can offer when you return.

Thanks!

P.S. Just an FYI: I produced 100% het Pieds this past season and sold all my females for $700 each, and males for $150.

Robert Coral
www.ReptiCulture.com

Robert

I saw that you have the recent clutch of mojaves listed for $2500 a pair. I will take the whole clutch 2.2 right? I will do 8 het pied females like we had originially agreed on for them. You stated that you sold out of het pieds last year for $700 each so 8 x $700 is $5600 so you will make out by $600 on the deal. I will take all of them unshed and not eating as you had them listed. Here are the pictures I promised you of the het females I have available. I will be sending them over 2 emails in case your mailbox wont allow so much at a time.

Thanks
Josh

Here are the other 4 females. I will be able to ship as soon as you are ready if you agree to the deal. Next week will be best for me as I am leaving on buiness the 15 and I would like to get them in and situated before I leave. Let me know what you think

Josh,

Sorry, but I cannot offer the Mojaves with the same trade value as I have them listed at. I am only listing them so low because I'm in need of some quick cash. Also, the het Pied females that I sold for $700 each was this year, in May. I'd just like to get some new Pied blood for my collection. Are you able to get me photos of the Pied parents mating? Or at least the parents in general? Also, do any of the female babies have the Pied markers (belly shots near the tail would be nice)? Thanks!

Robert Coral
www.ReptiCulture.com

Robert

No problem. I figured that I would make the offer since you stated that you wanted as many hets as I would trade and you had said you would do 8 for the 2 female mojaves and 1.1 yellow bellies. You ended up not having any female yellow bellies so I figured I would pass on the male. If you want we can do the 5 het females for the 2 female mojaves as agreed earlier, or I have up to 8 females I am willing to trade and am interested in getting a male with the females. 8 females at my asking price of $850 = $6800. That would be the trade value I have put on my animals, I was just using the price of $2500/pr that you stated on yours as a guage marker but knew that price might be different in trade. Attached is a shot of my Pied male which was bred to several normal females and a het pied female this past season. I am also adding a couple shots of the pieds that were produced from the pied to het breeding. As for the markers I can get you pictures of the bellies if needed but there are some with markers and some without but all are 100% hets so the markers are really not needed. I provide Photo ID with the animals and guarantee them 100%. Let me know what you are still interested in trading and what you want for them. I am still interested in the 2 female mojaves and possibly a male mojave. Thanks for the interest.

Josh

Josh,

Your Pied breeder male pic didn't come through (the other pics came through ok). Can you please try sending it again? How many female hets do you have that show the markers? And how did you determine their sexes (i.e. pop and/or probe)?

Robert Coral
www.ReptiCulture.com

Robert,

I'm not sure why the picture didnt go through. Here it is again. There are 3 girls in that size range that I listed to you with the "markers" and 4 males. As you know the "markers" are not present on all het pieds, they are just a mark that people look for with poss hets. I have several 100% hets that dont have the "markers" and have had several Poss hets with "markers" not prove out. I sex my animals by poping them to find deffinant males then I go back and probe the rest to ensure that they are females. Hope this one makes it. The second shot is shrunk down incase it was a size issue blocking it for some reason.

Thanks
Josh

Josh,

I've got a couple people interested in my female Mojaves right now. I'm in need of cash, but would also like to get some het Pied females. If you could do 6 females for my two female Mojave, we've got a deal. Let me know.

P.S . I'll include a male "possible" Yellow Belly for free. I say possible because I cannot determine 100% if he is or is not a Yellow Belly. He has the markings, but they're not prominent like his siblings. The sire was like that too though (not prominent). He's the snake I have ID'd as 0706ylb005m. The other Yellow Bellies (siblings) I have are 100% without a doubt YB's.

Robert Coral
www.ReptiCulture.com

Robert

Sounds like a deal to me. I will do the 6 female het pieds for your 2 female mojaves and the poss yellowbelly. I would like to get them shipped this week but Im not sure the best day. I will write you tomorrow after I get back from work and let you know what day is best for me.

Thanks
Josh

Josh,

I'd like to choose which females you ship me... out of the following, which ones show the markers:

- 160g (HPIM0417.JPG)
- 140g (HPIM0418.JPG)
- 195g (HPIM0420.JPG)
- 146g (HPIM0421.JPG)
- 198g ( HPIM0422.JPG)
- 144g (HPIM0423.JPG)
- 142g (HPIM0425.JPG)

P.S. Do you have any references? I can provide many, if needed.

Robert Coral
www.ReptiCulture.com

HPIM0421 AND HPIM0422 are the females with markers. Let me know which females you want out of the remaining 7. As far as references here are a few of my recent customers.

Kevin Stalder
www.stalderexotics.com

Amelia
Erik Spisak Tropicals
espisak@comcast.net

Charles Norman
doccn@aol.com

Thanks
Josh

Josh,

Did you get my last email? I'd like the following 6 female 100% het Pieds:

160g (HPIM0417.JPG)
195g (HPIM0420.JPG)
146g (HPIM0421.JPG)
198g (HPIM0422.JPG)
144g (HPIM0423.JPG)
142g (HPIM0425.JPG)

Also, the Mojaves haven't shed yet. Did you want me to let them shed and eat first? They're due to shed any day now, and I'll be offering them food this weekend.

P.S. If you still have the male Pied available, I'll give you another female Mojave AND a female Yellow Belly for him. If you're interested, please send me a photo of him. Thanks!

Robert Coral
www.ReptiCulture.com

Robert

Those girls are put aside for you as of now. I would prefer to get everything shipped as soon as possible becuause I have to leave for 3 weeks on the 15th. Would you be able to ship tommorrow or thursday? Thanks for the offer on the pied but at the moment I am entertaining some other offers, and really would like to get some cash.

Thanks
Josh

Josh,

Thanks! I can ship them out today, but I'd really like to wait until they at least shed first. They were born on the 1st so they're due to shed tonight or tomorrow (usually 7 - 10 days after born). I'll keep you posted and ship them as soon as they shed. I have no doubt that they'll eat for you, but what do we do in the case that you cannot get one to eat? I'm willing to wait until I get food in them, but am also willing to ship before to meet your deadline. Let me know.

Robert Coral
www.ReptiCulture.com

Wow today would be great. I really appriciate wanting to make sure they all eat, but im not too worried. I have yet to have a baby ball not eat for me. Sometimes I have to start them on mice and even once I had to assist feed one, but never have had one not eat. If you want to wait for them to shed that is fine though as I don't want you to worry, but it wont bother me if they havent shed. here is the address so you can ship them when you are ready: If you can please just let me know when they are on the way.

xxx west xxx Avenue
Franklin Va, 23851
Attn. Susan Lassiter

Thanks
Josh

Josh,

If you want to try and ship today for Friday morning delivery, let's do it. But I'm only going to ship them out if you're also going to ship today for Friday morning (10:30am). Please let me know by 4:00pm PST. Otherwise we will have to ship on Monday for Tuesday. Let me know. You'll be shipping to:

Robert Coral
xxxx xxxxxxxxx Dr.
Milpitas, CA 95035
408-607-xxxx

P.S. You must also use either Fed Ex or UPS only. DHL ALWAYS screws up!

Robert Coral
www.ReptiCulture.com

Robert

I would prefer to ship on monday. Thursday ships can be a little risky and with us being on oppisite sides of the country that only compounds it. The mojaves look very nice, I cant wait to get them in. I wont be leaving until late tuesday night or even weds morning depending on how I am feeling about all the driving.

Thanks
Josh

Josh,

Great! So Monday for Tuesday morning it is then. I will send you a reminder Sunday evening. Have a great weekend!

Robert Coral
www.ReptiCulture.com

Robert

Are we still on for shipping tomorrow? Just wanting to check and make sure nothing has changed. Im looking forward to adding the mojaves to the collection.

Thanks
Josh

Josh,

Yes, we're still on. They just ate last night too! What's your address? You'll be mailing the het Pieds to:

Robert Coral
xxxx xxxxxxxxx Dr.
Milpitas, CA 95035
408-607-xxxx

DO NOT use DHL. Thanks!

Robert Coral
www.ReptiCulture.com

Robert

I always use Fed Ex. The address I would like them sent to is:

xxx west xxx Avenue
Franklin Va, 23851
Attn. Susan Lassiter

Thanks
Josh

Josh,

Who is Susan Lassiter? If she's your mom, how old are you? And why can I not ship directly to you? I'm a little nervous shipping snakes to a government bldg.

Robert Coral
www.ReptiCulture.com

I don't get animals shipped directly to my home when I am not sure I will be around to recieve them. I do alot of traveling with my job and would hate to have an animal sit on my porch for long periods of time, especially with the hot weather we have been having. I get shipments into the address given all the time with no problems so there is nothing to be concerned with.

Thank you
Josh

Josh,

OK, that's the address I'll be shipping two Mojave females and a possible Yellow Belly to tomorrow. I'll email you a tracking number that evening. Please email me a tracking number as soon as you can as well. Thanks!

Robert Coral
www.ReptiCulture.com

Robert

I will get the tracking number to you as soon as I get home.

Thanks
Josh

Josh,

I was hoping to have a tracking number by now... Here's your FedEx tracking number: 858022481474

Please let me know when they arrive.

Robert Coral
www.ReptiCulture.com

Robert

Here is the tracking number. 662015752. I didnt even realize that I didnt attach it to the email last night.

Thanks
Josh

Josh,

OK, now I'm concerned. I just tried your tracking number via FedEx, UPS, and DHL... NONE of them recognize the tracking number. Please verify the tracking number and let me know which carrier you used ASAP.

Robert Coral
www.ReptiCulture.com

Josh,

The snakes are over due and I'm now starting to think that I've been scammed. If I do not hear back from you soon, I will be on a plane tomorrow and will be visiting Susan Lassiter at the address you gave me. She and/or you will be in some pretty big trouble as I'll have the local authorities with me. Get back to me soon.

Robert Coral
www.ReptiCulture.com

Josh,

I spoke with your mother (757-562-xxxx) and I tried calling your girlfriend Heather's cell phone (757-562-xxxx). I think you understand now that I am very serious about getting either the snakes you promised me or my snakes back. If I do not hear back from you soon, my next step will be knocking on your door with the local police. Get back to me ASAP!

P.S. I have a phony tracking number and NO SNAKES! If I have to come there, and I will, things will get very ugly for you, rather quickly. You're dealing with merchandise valuing over $4,000... that's mandatory jail time.

Robert Coral
www.ReptiCulture.com

Robert

There is no need for all this. The tracking number I sent was not Phony. It was for USPS and I didnt realize it. # ED 662015752 US : currently reads:

Label/Receipt Number: ED66 2015 752U S
Detailed Results: Missent, August 15, 2006, 7:21 am
Enroute, August 15, 2006, 6:42 am, WEST SACRAMENTO, CA 95799
Acceptance, August 14, 2006, 3:45 pm, FRANKLIN, VA 23851

The tracking number for the snakes with Fed Ex is: 719860100475. As Im sure you know by now there was a mix up. Sorry for the wait but they are on the way.

Josh

Josh,

This is yet another reason for me not fully trusting you... lengthy delays in responding to emails. I know you said you'll be out of town, but you've taken a long time to respond throughout the entire process.

Robert Coral
www.ReptiCulture.com

Robert

First about the email "delays". I am on the East coast and you are on the west coast. There is a 3 hour difference between us. If you write me when I am asleep I certainly cant respond. I do also work which keeps me very busy. it hasn't been even a 24 hour period since you wrote to me last. As for the federal offense on sending snakes via USPS I realize that and that is why I only use Fed Ex. I have been very calm and even tempered throughout all of this while you have made numerous threats. If you will remember you contacted me about wanting the hets, not the other way around. You asked any questions that you wanted and I did the same of you, so anything left unanswered wasn't asked. In regards to things being odd you told me initially that you had 2 females to trade then decided that they were males. You did state you had another clutch coming and that you would see what came from that. I noticed that on you web site you have listed 2 males and 3 females from the clutch that you told me was only 4 eggs, seems like that would be difficult to do. I haven't been able to see the snakes you sent or sex them but I am trusting that there are 2 female mojaves and a male yellow belly. You were going to ship the snakes then you changed the date several times. Numerous times you had sent conflicting stories that left me very concerned If I would be receiving any animals at all, let alone the ones that were said to be coming. I'm sure that everything is going to be ok but as I said there have been numerous items from you that have have left much to be thought about. I sent the animals as stated to your home and I see that you have received them at 1030 this morning. They are all eating rats and I am sure they will strive and do well for you. As I have stated for the last 2 weeks I am leaving town and will have limited access to computers if any. Keep this in mind if you are waiting for an email response from me. Thanks and Sorry for all the oddities (on both sides)

Josh

Josh,

Since you're supposed to be gone already, but have somehow emailed me, it should be safe to assume that you'll get this email and can respond. I think I've been pretty even-tempered as well, except for when I didn't receive my package, the tracking number wasn't working, and you already had my snakes. Anyone in my situation would've acted the same way. You can't blame me for that.

Being 3 hours apart doesn't excuse delaying email responses for more than 24 hours, which you have done... but that's fine, I'm sure you're pretty busy as I am. I just take deals that consist of a lot of money pretty serious and try to be on top of things as quickly as possible. But that's just me.

I've weighed all the snakes and it seems that they weren't empty when you weighed them because they're all an average of 20 grams less than what you quoted them as weighing... but I'll let that slide. I know a lot of big breeders who wouldn't though. 20 grams is nothing when talking about subadults/adults, but it's a big thing when talking about babies.

I was 100% truthful and accurate with ALL of my statements throughout our deal. I told you that I had another clutch of 4 eggs and they all turned out to be Mojaves (1 male, 3 females, 100% morphs - needless to say I got lucky). The first Mojave I had (male #1) was from a different clutch that consisted of 6 Yellow Bellies and 1 Mojave (I bred my Mojave and Yellow Belly male breeders to one female and got lucky again with 100% morphs in that clutch). It's only obvious if you're looking at my website that the size of Mojave male #1 is 20+ grams more than the newer Mojaves that hatched out later.

Furthermore, I told you that I would throw in a POSSIBLE Yellow Belly male. I'm 50/50 that he's a Yellow Belly. He has all the other markings, but his belly markings just aren't prominent enough for me to be 100% certain. If I had to guess, I would say that he is a Yellow Belly, but you won't know until you prove him out. However, I kept you posted every step of the way throughout the incubation/hatching process of these Mojaves and informed you about the Yellow Belly. If you re-read our email history you will remember.

You say that you realize it's a federal offense to ship reptiles via USPS, but yet you have not offered an excuse as to why you sent me a USPS tracking number. In fact, you've overlooked many of my direct questions to you throughout a few of our emails. I asked who your contact was for where I was shipping to, you never acknowledged that question. And can you please tell me why/how an empty box was shipped to me (according to your girlfriend), which I still have not yet received (thank god the snakes weren't in there!). Seriously, please answer that question; why was an empty box sent to me?? You do know how that makes you look in all this, right?

Also, you ignored an even more important question; you promised a guarantee on these snakes (paperwork). I will NOT be happy with our deal until you provide me with a proper guarantee, which shall include your full (real) name, your conact info, photo ids of the parents, feed records, etc. If I do not receive this information (and I WILL verify that any/all info given to me is correct) then our deal is cancelled and I will be sending your snakes back to the address you provided me with. And I will expect my snakes returned promptly as well. Again, if further action is needed, I will take it without hesitation. You wouldn't believe the contacts I have for tracking someone down. They come in real handy sometimes.

As far as threats go... I don't feel that I've made ANY direct threats to you whatsoever. A threat would be me telling you that I'm going to do something to you, or harm you in any way. I simply told you that I would be taking appropriate further actions, with the proper authorities, if you in any way scam me.

And make no mistake about it, if I am scammed in any way, justice will be had. If you sent me 6 100% het female Pieds, you have nothing to worry about. If not, and you're not willing to correct a mistake, then I'll be flying out to meet you and/or your mother. And IF it gets to that point, your mother and your girlfriend will be charged as accomplices in all of this. Please do not let it get to that point, for me, but more so for them. (Notice how the above is NOT a threat UNLESS you are in the wrong)

Lastly, I asked for females 417, 420, 421, 422, 423, and 425. I've matched up all of the females with the photos you emailed me, but instead of 425, you sent me 424. Also, you said that 421 and 422 were the females with markers... 422 is the only one with markers. These two issues I'm willing to overlook, as it's not a big deal to me, but I did want to make you aware of it.

P.S. Believe it or not, I have no hard feelings. I'm not one to hold a grudge. In fact, I won't even be posting anything about any of this (and I hope you've kept this between us as well). I'm not out to ruin anyone's reputation, I just want a fair deal. Though, if I hear that my name was bashed in any way, you better believe that I'll be telling my side of the story as well.

I'll be sexing these snakes shortly and I'm really hoping they're females. I'll let you know if you've overlooked any. Please let me know when you've sexed the Mojaves and if you're happy with them. I'm sure you will be.

Robert Coral
www.ReptiCulture.com

Josh,

You said you'd be gone 3 weeks and it's now been a month. Please follow up with me regarding your guarantee on the snakes I received from you, ASAP. If I don't hear back from you soon, I'll be reversing our deal and shipping your 6 snakes back to you immediately. I've been feeding them regularly and they're all doing fine. I hope you've been caring for the Mojaves the same.

Robert Coral
www.ReptiCulture.com

* * * All of the above sounds fine and not really out of the ordinary, but THIS is the point where the scam becomes apparent * * *

He calls me and starts talking about some off the wall stuff, like him and I being in business with each other (Black Jack Herps) and that I shouldn't be upset because "we" (him and I) need to treat "our" customers with a more professional attitude, that "we" won't find out if they're really hets for at least 2 years, and that if he did scam me then I'm already screwed, no matter what.

You have to realize that any scam artist will sound perfectly honest (at least while the scam in in progress), which he sounds like in his emails above. But this guy is ANYTHING but honest. I stayed professional the entire time while speaking to him over the phone, while he kept poking fun about off-the-wall things that had absolutely nothing to do with the point. He randomly brought up the Crypto disease in snakes, our so-called "business" that we're suddenly in together (Black Jack Herps), accusing me of scamming him by returning some package that he said he sent to me (the empty box his girlfriend supposedly sent, which I never received), trying to get me to actually pay for the paperwork, him trying to schedule a time for me to fly over there to meet (with him picking me up at the airport), having to talk to his partner about all this (directly pointing out that it wasn't a business partner, but his life partner), and some other odd stuff that just didn't make any sense or have anything to do with the topic. He's either really demented, and/or simply using basic scam artist strategies to try and confused/derail me from persuing this issue. If you noticed, he even tries turning things around on me. A real piece of work, this guy. Beware!

* * * Below is the last email I received from him: * * *

dear robert, i've decided to send you the paper work that i have already sent you previously i cannot afford to pay more money so this is your free version this is all i can aff0rd to send it is attached to this email let me know if you want me to send a physicall copy....take care and maybe i'll see you on oct

6th

ttyl josh
l. BLACK JACK HERPS

ps if you need a physicall copy it will cost 50$ but give me a call we can negotiate

* * * This concludes the communication that has gone on between him and I * * *

Lastly, if ANYONE, for whatever reason, feels that he IS trust worthy... I've got (6) 100% het Piebald females for sale (all matching his original email photos - to which I'm sure he'll guarantee) at 50% off current market rates!

Robert Coral
www.ReptiCulture.com

Old 09-18-2006, 01:50 PM   #5
Jim O
My offer stands to go see his Pied male. Even if he has one however, no guarantee that it sired the clutch(es) from which your animals came, though it would be comforting.

Again, if I were you I would let him know about this thread. Also, if you can, post the pic(s) of the Pied male here in the attachments section so we can all see it.

Old 09-19-2006, 04:12 PM   #6
repticulture
Possible visit

Jim,

I sent him an email making him aware of this posting (providing a link). I also told him that you lived in his area and were willing to take a look at his collection to verify if he even has a Piebald. I will let you know if I get a response.

P.S. I remembered some of the other off-the-wall things he said during our telephone conversation. He actually offered to SELL me the Mojaves back for just $500 each. But of course he wants me to Paypal him the money before he ships. What does that tell you? He also offered to send my snakes back if I sent the 6 females back FIRST. Yeah right! He plays every scam game in the book.

Robert Coral
www.ReptiCulture.com

Old 09-19-2006, 07:11 PM   #7
Josh L
Robert,
FIRST OFF I SENT ALL THE PHOTO ID'S AS STATED AND YOU NEVER PICKED THEM UP. You state that you knew you were "scammed" when you received an empty box, odd since as stated you never picked up the box. That is just one of the many things you made up! I have the box still unopened at my home showing that it went and waited at your post office till they sent it back due to you not picking it up. You continue to change your story and out right make up items. If you want to tell a story you have to tell it all. You left out the emails with you threatening me conveniently. If you are the rational one as you stated, then why is it in every email you change something and threaten. On the phone you did nothing but curse and threaten once again.
This has been the worst trade I have ever been involved in. I received 1.1 mojaves for my het girls instead of the 0.2 as stated. I have had my fill of the threats and the changing stories. I will post one of the missing emails that you left out. Odd you missed adding this email since it was the most recent one you sent before we spoke.
If you would have said you couldn't pick up the package (for whatever reason) this could have been an easy fix with me just sending it back again. You instead chose to get aggressive and lie about the happenings. These actions lead me to believe as I said in earlier emails that you are/have scammed me.

I can post pictures of the box and tracking number showing that it was sent on the date I said it was and that it sat never to be picked up by you, until it was sent back to me.

Jim O. - Thanks for the offer to help make it right but this guy has continually threatened and slandered me so I am going to just have no further dealings with him.

Old 09-19-2006, 07:22 PM   #8
Jim O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh L
Jim O. - Thanks for the offer to help make it right but this guy has continually threatened and slandered me so I am going to just have no further dealings with him.
Gee Josh, there are always three sides to every story. If you wanted to clear this up you could just show me your boy and your set up with the egg records, etc. Then you're in the clear on this, except for two things, and they are...
  • The empty box that you have (I still don't get that)...was it intended to ship snakes in? And did you really send it USPS? Post that pic. We'd all love to see it.
  • What's this about charging $25 for providing paperwork that you should be providing at the time of shipping?

Old 09-19-2006, 07:30 PM   #9
Josh L
There was No empty box. The box contained the paperwork for the snakes.

Robert never picked it up, but decided he would say it was empty to make his story sound good. All this was talked about and clear with him (on several different calls) on the phone but now it is a new angle he is trying to work.

Old 09-19-2006, 07:38 PM   #10
Jim O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh L
There was No empty box. The box contained the paperwork for the snakes.

Robert never picked it up, but decided he would say it was empty to make his story sound good. All this was talked about and clear with him (on several different calls) on the phone but now it is a new angle he is trying to work.
Still didn't answer the questions I aksed Josh. They're pretty easy but I'll ask them again:
  • Was the box that wasn't quite empty intended for the snakes and did it go USPS?
  • What's with the $25 for paperwork that could go in an envelope?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!