Bad Guy Andrew Potts- I want my money back - Page 16 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-10-2012, 10:12 PM   #151
Amelanistic Orca
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Potts View Post
Glad to know your will do business with breeders who will engage in blackmail. Andrew
Nah.. He was pissed. I understand it. You don't.. It's a small world Andrew.. They're all watching YOU now. It sucks, I know it, it's why I've never killed a snake in transit; I freak out over it! Honestly, I'd have had a funky ice cube in plastic in a 80 to 80 degree shipment. That's how bad you messed up!

Old 04-10-2012, 10:39 PM   #152
HerpHobbiest
I heard about this the day it happen...

Sean was under the impression that you intentionally send a dead snake to maybe pull an insurance claim... Was that the reason you wanted the dead snake?

It looks dead in the pictures!

Sean was pretty upset because his partner Kevin spent a considerable amount of money, and obviously had big plans for this Hytec, Parahet...

I must have missed the "Black Mail" email... Was Sean asking for a better Hytec, ParaHet and $10,000.00 for sending him a dead snake?

I think we all agree that evidence shows the Hytec, ParaHet was DOA... Regardless if the snake could maybe made it OK... The facts are that the snake was shipped with wrong shipping classification, delaying delivery... The fact that two heat packs were used when they were not needed... And, the fact is that the Hytec, ParaHet arrived dead...

If you have the money, you should refund the money...
If you have another male Hytec, ParaHet, that is of acceptable quality to Kevin... Send it to him properly shipped, and properly packed...
If you do not have a Male Hytec, ParaHet, that is of acceptable quality to Kevin... Send a more valuable animal that is acceptable to Kevin... Send it to him properly shipped, and properly packed...

The option to keep/steal Kevin's money, will comeback to bite you in the

Just the idea of keeping/stealing Kevin's money could seriously affect your positive rating... Right now, It does not make you look all that good.

I hope you can resolve this in a civilized manner... Good luck to you all!

Old 04-10-2012, 10:40 PM   #153
Show Me
I do think it's would probably be in your best interest to give a refund since the snake was sent in warmer temps with two heat packs, that could have caused the snakes death however since extortion was thrown into the equation...I would go after them criminally. You got the evidence to pursue this and I feel that the judge will prosecute and then they get felony charges. Which is what they deserve. You also may have a case in civil court.

Old 04-10-2012, 10:46 PM   #154
JCCS
Luis, don't you have your own thread to pay attention to? It's nice of you to show back up after your leave of absence though.

Back to the main topic. Andrew, you've carved out a good reputation for yourself in this hobby. Don't let some little punks trying to pull the wool over your eyes make you ruin all of your hard work.

You screwed up with the shipping, I think that's pretty plain to see. Things happen and it sucks. Refund the guy's money, go talk to a lawyer and see what legal recourse can be pursued and tack these guy's backsides to the wall.

Chris

Old 04-10-2012, 10:47 PM   #155
Show Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Pecanic View Post
Nah.. He was pissed. I understand it. You don't.. It's a small world Andrew.. They're all watching YOU now. It sucks, I know it, it's why I've never killed a snake in transit; I freak out over it! Honestly, I'd have had a funky ice cube in plastic in a 80 to 80 degree shipment. That's how bad you messed up!
He's not the only one who messed up. I rather do business with someone who accidentally sends a snake with to many heat packs than a guy that preys on people using blackmail. He was pissed!? Nice excuse, more like trying to scam.

Old 04-10-2012, 10:58 PM   #156
ShadowAceD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Show Me View Post
He's not the only one who messed up. I rather do business with someone who accidentally sends a snake with to many heat packs than a guy that preys on people using blackmail. He was pissed!? Nice excuse, more like trying to scam.
Well, that someone is holding someone else's money hostage because of a bruised ego, so ... both are people to avoid, really.

Two wrongs do not make a right.

Peer pressure and anger are a poor mix. Does it excuse it? No. But it is what it is.

Old 04-10-2012, 11:04 PM   #157
Show Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowAceD View Post
Well, that someone is holding someone else's money hostage because of a bruised ego, so ... both are people to avoid, really.

Two wrongs do not make a right.

Peer pressure and anger are a poor mix. Does it excuse it? No. But it is what it is.
I've been in situations were I felt I was in the right to get a full refund and sure I cussed them out and told my story but I would never use blackmail to try and get a waaaaaay better deal. That's a scam and illegal.

Old 04-10-2012, 11:06 PM   #158
ShadowAceD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Show Me View Post
I've been in situations were I felt I was in the right to get a full refund and sure I cussed them out and told my story but I would never use blackmail to try and get a waaaaaay better deal. That's a scam and illegal.
Well that's good, but it still doesn't justify not sending someone THEIR money back when you failed to fulfill your end of a deal. THAT is not exactly credible.

Old 04-10-2012, 11:06 PM   #159
David Reid
Andrew, you have a bad guy post now. Most people who are thinking about doing business with you will see it, and the people who are serious, will open the link and read the thread. It is only like 4 pages long now, easy to read and quickly get to the end, to see how the situation was resolved. It is up to you, how this thread ends, and it is up to you to make sure it does not turn into a 50 pager that nobody will read, and everyone will assume, you ARE a bad guy.

The two issues are both criminal and civil, two totally seperate matters. If they threatened you or black mailed you, that is a criminal offence in some States. If you are really upset about it, call the cops in their location, and foreward the police the emails. If you do not do this, how upset are you, and it looks like you are using it as an excuse to not do the right thing. The second thing, a dead snake that you shipped, and you have the resposibility of getting it there alive, is a civil matter. They sue you, they bad mouth you everywhere, you threaten to sue for "Liable." We have seen this scenario play out many times here.

If I was you, I would tell them they get another male Boa, same morph they originally purchased. Ship it properly this time, and make them open it with a video camera rolling. There are a lot of what if's, and he said, she said, but the bottom line, take away all the BS, you need to get them a snake, alive and well, or send them their money back. Never do business with them again, tell all your Boa friends to black ball them, do whatever you need to do, but do it AFTER you send them another snake, and they get it alive.

Old 04-10-2012, 11:11 PM   #160
DesertRat73
Andrew, a lot of people are trying to help you save your reputation here, you should think about listening to them. You have Sean's confession...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigybigy View Post
Andrew,

I just wanted to say the blackmailing was not justified. I got really upset when I heard of the hytec parahet transaction going southword bound, and shot you a bunch of hate stuff. It was not well deserved..I'm sorry.

I am not the same entity as Kevin. I spoke to andrew without even consulting Keven Baily. I shot Andrew emails without talking to Kevin Bailey about it. I am in the wrong, and Kevin didn't even see my acts of savagery coming.

If you want to press charges so be it, but please just refund Kevin's money.

-Sean G
Legally speaking, it would seem you own the situation. Withholding the refund will put that in jeopardy, if not negate it fully and damage your good reputation in the process. The odds are good you would recoup the funds with a favorable judgement anyhow, so why risk all that positive? If nothing else put the funds in an escrow account with an attorney in lieu of an outcome of the criminal case. But standing on perceived principle and withholding the funds completely will destroy your standing, both legally and in the community IMO. It would be criminal to snatch such a defeat from the jaws of victory. I hope you reconsider your position.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!