An Awful Adoption Experience - Page 10 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Mammals > General Discussions

Notices

General Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to all topics related to Mammals.

Old 11-07-2012, 06:37 PM   #91
SilverRaichu
I left a message on their page, I was real mature in my message and I still wasnt given the decency of a response but it looks like I am not the only person having some troubles with this rescue as well

Old 11-07-2012, 06:43 PM   #92
Lucille
Stephanie, if you are pretty certain that you will never get that dog (and I'm sorry if that is the case) why not send them a link to this thread ?

Old 11-07-2012, 06:48 PM   #93
SilverRaichu
i meant to include a link in that last thread XD
https://www.facebook.com/permalink.p...t=feed_comment

but yes i didnt think of that

Old 11-08-2012, 11:49 AM   #94
SilverRaichu
Okay, I seriously need feed back right now, PLEASE. The unthinkable happened.. I received a response from FHS:

"Sorry we have kinda left you on the back burner. We have been going through some personal issues lately and have not been responded to emails and phone calls accordingly. We are in KY at the moment. Connor is still in a foster home. We are rehabilitating there lab mix for dog aggression at the moment. They want to keep Connor but only if it is a success with their other dog. When we get back from KY 2-step the lab mix will be going home. If Connor and 2step do not get along on 2steps end they will be returning Connor back to us. I will contact you either way if it is a success or not and you will have first tibs of Connor. Connor is great with other dogs and cats. He can be nervous of people mainly men but has made great progress being in a foster home and getting the exposer of the city life that he needed. Sorry again for leaving you in the dust. Thank you for being so patient with us"

This has thrown me in quite a loop. I've been looking at many other dogs, and was even planning to visit an akita for adoption in south jersey this weekend. Assuming I might of get this dog, I get this message today. It really puts me in a tough spot because I still have a heart for Connor, who Ive wanted for so long, but it still isnt guaranteed I'll get Connor and if I wait for him, I may lose out on two dogs.

I want to respond to their message. Point out that not only I've been waiting for a response for him but also looking around for other dogs, assuming that the adoption for Connor was not happening. I also wanted to add in some how that I wanted to know what are my chances of things not being successful with the other dog and me getting Connor, though I know they cant give me an answer in black and white, but something, maybe at least an estimated time frame would be somewhat helpful. I really want Connor but at the same time I cant wait around forever for an adoption that may or may not happen

Old 11-08-2012, 11:55 AM   #95
Lucille
There are PLENTY of dogs that need adopting, you will NEVER run out of a large pool of potential adoptable dogs.
Why not wait a few months and see whether you can get the dog your really want?
At least they wrote back, and apologized. They should not have left you in the dark so long, but this note to you was a small step in the right direction.

Old 11-08-2012, 12:05 PM   #96
Shadera
Do what your heart tells you to do. Might take some soul-searching, but the answer IS there.

Old 11-08-2012, 12:10 PM   #97
SilverRaichu
yes, I do appreciate them getting back to me.
Better late then never. So I should wait..? I know that if I am able to adopt Connor, I wouldnt be any happier as he is the dog I had my heart set on for the longest time already, I just wonder if I didnt get him, what would happen? Am I looking at being heart broken yet again...?
(my god it feels like Im talking about a boyfriend lol)

Old 11-08-2012, 12:15 PM   #98
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadera View Post
Do what your heart tells you to do. Might take some soul-searching, but the answer IS there.
An incredibly good answer. I'd go with it.

Old 11-08-2012, 12:39 PM   #99
SilverRaichu
Well my heart says "go for him!hes what you've been wanting all along!"
my gut says "your screwed pal"

Old 11-08-2012, 01:01 PM   #100
Shadera
If Connor is the dog you want, then wait for him. If it's meant to be, it will be. If it's not, that means there's an even better dog out there waiting to find his way to you.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!