cancel subscription??? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 07-23-2014, 11:29 AM   #1
DualityDragons
cancel subscription???

I attempted to cancel my paid subscription yesterday morning before my automatic renewal. I kept receiving an error saying the action could not be completed at this time and to try again later. This morning I received an automatic transaction notification from PayPal stating my subscription had been renewed.
Seems like a good way to scam me out of anot her years subscription ....
I'd like my subscription cancelled immediately and a reversal of the payment due to your systems not accepting my cancellation prior to the automatic charge.

Old 07-23-2014, 11:45 AM   #2
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Seems like a good way to scam me out of anot her years subscription
Hey Sam, What's wrong with you? All you had to do is post a message or send private message that you were having issues cancelling the automatic renewal that you setup when you first subscribed.

Sorry you were having issues but was that really necessary?

Old 07-23-2014, 11:58 AM   #3
Dennis Hultman
I'm sure Rich will cancel your subscription as soon as he sees this.

I'm sure you were sent a renewal notice like everyone ahead of time.

The automatic renewal is setup with paypal. It could have been a issue on any end including yours. You received a error message stating the cancellation wasn't complete while attempting to cancel the day before the renewal automatically takes place. The cancellation (for whatever reason) didn't happen so the automatic renewal with paypal did.

All you had to do was let someone know.

Instead, you are going to insinuate that you are being scammed?

Old 07-23-2014, 12:39 PM   #4
Lucille
Sam,
It's pretty snarky to make an implication that anyone except you and Paypal are responsible for Paypal payments. If you were already in your account, it may have been that Paypal had already sent the payment.

Here is how you check:
Sign into your Paypal account
Click on the gear icon on the top of the page
Click on 'payment preferences'
Click on 'My pre approved payments'

From there, you can manage reoccurring payments. As I said, if it was not working, it may be that Paypal had already initiated the payment.
In any case, YOU are responsible for your Paypal payments.

Old 07-23-2014, 01:03 PM   #5
Ed Clark
Sam, you really could have made a nicer post. that's why you have a little red chicklet.

Old 07-23-2014, 01:04 PM   #6
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by DualityDragons View Post
I attempted to cancel my paid subscription yesterday morning before my automatic renewal. I kept receiving an error saying the action could not be completed at this time and to try again later. This morning I received an automatic transaction notification from PayPal stating my subscription had been renewed.
Seems like a good way to scam me out of anot her years subscription ....
I'd like my subscription cancelled immediately and a reversal of the payment due to your systems not accepting my cancellation prior to the automatic charge.
First off, when you signed up for the Contributor level membership, you had the OPTION of choosing either a one time payment or the recurring subscription that would be set up in PayPal. Which one did YOU select?

Secondly, apparently you were trying to make the cancellation through PayPal, so please tell me how I am supposed to be responsible for PayPal? How did you come to the conclusion that I run PayPal?

Thirdly, I highly resent you claiming publicly that I am trying to scam you out of money. I have just now refunded your payment and then cancelled the automated subscription that YOU set up.

Quite frankly, I'm pissed at the way you are addressing this issue here. I will give you exactly 24 hours to come up with either a reasonable explanation of how exactly I am responsible for your screw up, or an apology after you have time to think this through. If neither is forthcoming, then hit the road fella. I don't want you here on my site.

Old 07-24-2014, 10:41 AM   #7
DualityDragons
I never said you "did" try to scam me, I said it "seems" that way. Auto renewal subscriptions are commonly abused, it's certainly not unheard of behavior from websites. I did not try to cancel through my paypal, i tried canceling through this site, which is where I received the error. I would have emailed you privately, however you very explicitly state on your contact page that you would prefer the post go up here instead, otherwise you would likely just respond by sending me here. I did exactly as YOU direct your members to do in the case of an inquiry, so you can be as pissed as you want, mark me as a bad seller, or kick me off your site; if this is the response your customers get for speaking their mind about dissatisfaction with your service, frankly, I couldn't care less.
I admit, I was angry when I posted the thread, more so after seeing that you prefer to deflect your customers concerns to other threads as opposed to dealing with them directly. Had you not deflected me, you wouldn't be so butt hurt about my thread.
I do not apologize for speaking my mind on the medium you specifically designate for such threads.
I do appreciate the refund, but i wasn't wrong to post what I did. Think what you will about it, but maybe there's a lesson in there somewhere if you don't like how it turned out.

Old 07-24-2014, 11:31 AM   #8
Lucille
Quote:
I did not try to cancel through my paypal, i tried canceling through this site
So you got into difficulties because you do not know how to use your own Paypal account, and want to lay the blame here?

Quote:
maybe there's a lesson in there somewhere if you don't like how it turned out.
Clearly. The lesson is that those who do not have the rudimentary understanding of their own transactions are going to have a tantrum on occasions if everyone doesn't rush in to nanny them through difficulties.

Buy more Excedrin.

Old 07-24-2014, 11:49 AM   #9
Mistyck
You were still the one who set up the "auto renewal" not this site. You had the option, and it is accusatory to say "It seems like a good way to scam me out of another year's subscription..." So you did lay that down. No matter if you say, "You're scamming me" or "seems like you're scamming me," it is still very accusatory, and rude!

You should have tried to cancel the auto-renew option well before the auto-renewal came around. Not the day before. That's not too bright considering that any auto renewal option is normally set up to charge time before, and then takes the money the day of.

So because YOU screwed up in the beginning, and then again by not trying to cancel in a reasonable amount of time before being charged...Oh and then again by being accusatory toward the site, owner & moderators, about being scammed, and then are asked to apologize; you don't think you should apologize?

In short, you were a jerk to the owner and to the management, and therefore should apologize. If not, then Rich has every right to say or do what he thinks he should.

Old 07-24-2014, 12:55 PM   #10
WebSlave
Quote:
I never said you "did" try to scam me, I said it "seems" that way. Auto renewal subscriptions are commonly abused, it's certainly not unheard of behavior from websites. I did not try to cancel through my paypal, i tried canceling through this site, which is where I received the error. I would have emailed you privately, however you very explicitly state on your contact page that you would prefer the post go up here instead, otherwise you would likely just respond by sending me here. I did exactly as YOU direct your members to do in the case of an inquiry, so you can be as pissed as you want, mark me as a bad seller, or kick me off your site; if this is the response your customers get for speaking their mind about dissatisfaction with your service, frankly, I couldn't care less.
I admit, I was angry when I posted the thread, more so after seeing that you prefer to deflect your customers concerns to other threads as opposed to dealing with them directly. Had you not deflected me, you wouldn't be so butt hurt about my thread.
I do not apologize for speaking my mind on the medium you specifically designate for such threads.
I do appreciate the refund, but i wasn't wrong to post what I did. Think what you will about it, but maybe there's a lesson in there somewhere if you don't like how it turned out.
I see. Yes, I did state that members should search this forum for answers to their questions, so I will grant you that point. You have proven that you can follow instructions when you want to. But was the accusatory tone necessary in the process? You are pissed because YOU screwed up and selected an automated renewal process and you want to blame ME for that?

So let's move on to a puzzling point you made, shall we?

You made this opening statement:
Quote:
I attempted to cancel my paid subscription yesterday morning before my automatic renewal. I kept receiving an error saying the action could not be completed at this time and to try again later.
Then this statement:
Quote:
I did not try to cancel through my paypal, i tried canceling through this site, which is where I received the error.
Please explain to me HOW you tried to cancel a paid subscription through this site. As far as I know, there is NO option, link, or method provided from this site to do such a thing, so where did YOU find it? Especially since you claim you got an error message in the process, implying that you did find a way to attempt that cancellation.

Yeah, there certainly is a lesson to be learned here, but I'm certain you wouldn't like it if I told you what I think that lesson actually is.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
auto renewal, displeased, subscription