What type of roaches to feed a panther cham? - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Chameleons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 01-19-2005, 02:07 PM   #11
Reptayls
[quote=Traci1]Well, to be honest I never had a chia-pet, guess no one thinks enough of me to get me one as a gift QUOTE]

Traci...
I thought everyone had at least ONE... remind me to send you one!!!!!!
I actually got one (a gator) and placed it in one of our beardie enclosures with some small juvies ... they nibbled at it until it was bare. Instant salad!! I guess I will have to try alphalfa or clover seeds next time to see if those will grow on it.

I don't see chia-pets often - but they have some cute ones now!!

Morgana
Reptayls, Ltd.

Old 01-19-2005, 02:12 PM   #12
Madd Season Morphs
Talking Kyle

Kyle If hese roaches are for Lucifer,he sure is gonna like you alot...

Call Morgana she will hook you up real good...I bought some roaches from them about 6 months ago...and i still have some...
Reptayls sells their roaches very cheap..cant beat their prices..

Isaac

Old 01-19-2005, 02:13 PM   #13
Beeker
yeah i can get bins/tubs or whatever from wal-mart for like 5-10 bucks and i have screen that i can just hot glue on them after i cut out holes in the top. how much is the min order? it will be maybe a week or more until i can get them shipped to me because it is currently like 20 degrees here and i know that is too cold. Do you think roach feeding is better than crickets for feeding? or should i alternate between both for a variation of my chams diet?

Old 01-19-2005, 02:20 PM   #14
Beeker
yeah these are for lucifer i figured roaches would be less work than crickets but i have started my cricket colonie already just planning on doing both crickets and roaches but i will only have one chameleon for awhile until i get the funds to get another cage up and running and another chameleon i don't want my roaches/crickets to be so much that i will be eating them in my sleep. Goliath were you able to take anymore pics of Lucifer for me? my e-mail is gundam06@yahoo.com if you didn't recieve it earlier.

thanks
kyle

Old 01-19-2005, 02:43 PM   #15
Madd Season Morphs
not yet

ill send them to you as soon as i can..Sunday is when you'll probly get them...

I hope that will be o.k

ISAAC

Old 01-19-2005, 02:58 PM   #16
Madd Season Morphs
Roaches

Lucifer is cup trained, so I would suggest buying at least the minimum roaches you can,wich he will eat more than half that many in one setting..lol
but at least you will get the hang of feeding and breeding roaches!

Morgana has some awesome GUTLOAD too! truat me she is very good people!
I have been to her place and she was the nicest person to deal with...

Anyway...Good luck

Isaac

Old 01-19-2005, 03:16 PM   #17
Beeker
do you have a link to morgana's site so i can check out prices and supplies? i will be heading to the columbus reptile show this saturday i will see what im able to find there in the way of roaches but i would like to have a back-up incase noone there has any.

Old 01-19-2005, 10:01 PM   #18
Dave W.
Howdy All,

Maybe I missed it in the string of postings, but I have good luck getting egg crate, especially those bigger 6x6 sheets, at restaurants and deli shops. Deli shops go through a lot of egg salad!

Dave Weldon

Old 01-26-2005, 11:58 AM   #19
Cham keeper
Ok, Hissing cockroaches are harder to digest because of there much harder exo skeleton. I would go with lobster roaches or deaths head roaches. Both are smaller then the hissing roaches and have an easier to digest exo skeleton. I wonder if they would eat stick insects. probably would.

CK

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!